Ever been judged by another autistic/aspie?

Page 3 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 4:44 am

Dox47 wrote:
Eh, I think a lot of autistic people have this idea that other autistic people will *get* them in a way that NTs don't, and my experience is that's not true at all, we just don't get each other in different ways. I find that the tendency is stronger in newly diagnosed people, they think that there's this other community out there of people like them who will understand their quirks and eccentricities, when in reality it's more like everyone thinks their own oddness is normal and everyone else is weird, and there's this whiplash when people get their hopes up only to be disappointed.

I think the autistic community is much more accepting of differences than most of the NT world is, although it's certainly not perfect in that regard, and although we don't all "get" each other because we are so different from each other.