Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 8:52 pm

I had a meltdown, I was hysterical crying & having a major anxiety attack, I could not stop, it felt like the end of the world. I had a meltdown,cuz I was gathering my trash to put on my porch for my neighbor to take to the dumpster, it was the early 90s, it can still be very warm in my apartment, I have two fans on for me& my cat. I can make myself hot, I think I have Fibromyalgia, it runs in my family. My skin can get hot too, I have Psoriasis too. I wanted to die. It took me over 30 minutes to calm down. I HATE feeling like a 5 year old.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2021, 11:17 pm

Sorry that happened to you.

I wish you can get an air-conditioner.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 4:46 am

Sorry to hear you had a meltdown. Being too hot can really make everything worse. I hope you are feeling better.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 6:05 am

Sounds like a bad situation to be in . i do hope you feel better . ! Sorry you had to go through that.

where ever you go ,there you are

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 2:02 pm

Sorry to hear, Kitty. Hope you can relax with something nice and cool. Did you know … sucking on an ice cube can shock you out of the trauma of the meltdown and calm you down more quickly? Putting on some of your favourite Bryan Adams would be highly recommended as well. Hope tomorrow’s a better day. X

Erjoy29
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Sep 2021, 5:57 pm

I’d say to just try to focus on your body mind and self as a whole and see where improvements can be made and spread any kind of healing thoughts there and embrace any strengths inside of you. See what can change, transform, or rid of anything unnecessary.

Sorry you’re struggling. We all have our days.

You’ll see the sun again. The light. Everything changes all the time. Refreshes.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 4:42 pm

I’m not doing better. I want to die. Everything is sooo overwhelming. I have to mail my life insurance checks, I have to remember to brush my teeth everyday, brush my hair, have someone over to clean my apartment, figure out how to wash my clothes & I need to fill out a disabled update report from the SSI & more things. I cannot do everything by myself, I been crying alot, I cried last night, I was so itching, I almost was bleeding. I hate myself so much right now. I been having less energy. When my cat keeps meowing, I yelled at her, I tell her to shut up. She still biting me at night, I tried to lock her out of my bedroom, but she just meow, she can scratch my door too.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 5:43 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I’m not doing better. I want to die. Everything is sooo overwhelming. I have to mail my life insurance checks, I have to remember to brush my teeth everyday, brush my hair, have someone over to clean my apartment, figure out how to wash my clothes & I need to fill out a disabled update report from the SSI & more things. I cannot do everything by myself, I been crying alot, I cried last night, I was so itching, I almost was bleeding. I hate myself so much right now. I been having less energy. When my cat keeps meowing, I yelled at her, I tell her to shut up. She still biting me at night, I tried to lock her out of my bedroom, but she just meow, she can scratch my door too.

very sorry all these things are creeping up on you ....
Sometimes our pets can sense something is wrong with us emotionally . And dont know any better ways to distract us.

where ever you go ,there you are

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 5:57 pm

So sorry you’re feeling like this. Sounds like you could do with some help & support there. I’d be contacting your local Autism Society and enquiring about any help they might be able to give(usually there are volunteers who will pop round and assist) or other local support organisations for just this type of thing.

Otherwise, the only way to reduce the feelings of overwhelm are to do what you can, when you can. Take as much pressure off yourself as you can by tackling one thing at a time. You’re dealing with pain, mobility issues and fatigue, and it’s little wonder you feel teary and defeated at times. Hang in there and just take it one day at a time. I really wish there was someone local to you, who could regularly be there when you need them. Life shouldn’t be this hard. Hugs.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 9:29 pm

Juliette wrote:
So sorry you’re feeling like this. Sounds like you could do with some help & support there. I’d be contacting your local Autism Society and enquiring about any help they might be able to give(usually there are volunteers who will pop round and assist) or other local support organisations for just this type of thing.

Otherwise, the only way to reduce the feelings of overwhelm are to do what you can, when you can. Take as much pressure off yourself as you can by tackling one thing at a time. You’re dealing with pain, mobility issues and fatigue, and it’s little wonder you feel teary and defeated at times. Hang in there and just take it one day at a time. I really wish there was someone local to you, who could regularly be there when you need them. Life shouldn’t be this hard. Hugs.

Are you going help me? Why you stop writing me?

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 9:40 pm

I’m still talking to that guy, it been almost 3 weeks now. He asked me to be his girlfriend. He helping me just by talking to me & he told me he really like me alot. I don’t know if this will work out, I don’t know if I can be a good girlfriend. I have sooooooo many problems.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 3:34 am

I sent you an email just now and hope something can be sorted out with some support for you there. I’m too far away to physically help you, but I will do my best to write when I can. Forgive me if I don’t write as often as you need. I have my challenges with time, energy levels and family, and do my best.

Here’s a list of Californian Affiliates associated with the Autism Chapter there. If you need help/support, there are email contacts there who might be able to help …
http://www.autismsocietyca.org/ca-affiliates.html

“Need Help? Ask Us” … https://ieautism.org/resources/

That’s great that you have someone in your life now, a potential boyfriend. You mentioned being concerned that you might have too many issues to be a good girlfriend. If he’s understanding, supportive and caring, and you can be there for him, as best you can, this could be a good thing for you both. Anything worthwhile, is never easy and comes with its ups and downs, but is worth working at, if it makes you happy and enhances both your lives.

Enjoy what you have with this new man, and maybe try not to pressure or worry yourself too much with “being worthy or adequate”. Let it be, what it is. So long as you both feel comfortable with each other, keep communicating and this may lead to something precious.

Sending hugs

ThisTimelessMoment
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2021, 2:53 am

Sometimes we need to give ourselves a break. After a meltdown I know I'm going to take time to recover. Be gentle with yourself. Most things are not as desperate as they seem.