Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 6:32 pm

Quote:
Strangely enough, normal chatter.
Just... Normal discussion chatter of any topic intended for a person to listen than hear.

Me too! I spend hours trying to look for mundane audiobooks to listen to on YouTube but it's hard to come by. The Diary Of A Wimpy Kid audiobooks are good for me because it's mostly about a kid living a rather mundane life talking about just stuff that we all encounter most days, especially family-related stuff.
Also I like listening to (non-celebrity) quiz shows that ask general knowledge questions and sometimes the players chat about their lives like what they like doing and stuff.
Even overhearing 2 elderly ladies chatting on the bus behind me one time really relaxed me. I wasn't being nosy, I just couldn't really not hear them, and I love what old ladies talk about - just general everyday stuff. :lol:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 11:40 pm

The sound of a train in the wee hours of the morning.

Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 12:20 am

Similarly, travelling by car or train at high speed. The constant "wooosh" relaxes me.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 5:05 pm

I got extreme PTSD from being awaken at exactly the wrong time by machine noise, and remain quite sensitive to it. However, one morning I had gone camping at a friend's farm to escape some construction, and he had some wood to split. I heard the first stroke, and decided that if there was a sane friend nearby with an axe, I was quite safe. I didn't hear any more.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2021, 4:49 am

I love the sounds of traffic. I mean cars on the road kind, but train whistling and horse carriage would do as well. I like the general hum of busy city life, the crowd, the cars, sirens, street music...etc.