Page 1 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 8:22 am

Between the frequent mass shootings, people running over protestors with cars, and people being caught with homemade explosives prepared to blow up the Capitol Building.

I think it's time that we admit that America has a terrorism problem on its own soil...

I'm always scared that if I go out in public to do grocery shopping I myself could be the victim of a random mass shooting. I think people in this country have truly lost their minds. A few days ago in the walmart up the road from my house there was a woman who was randomly attacked with a machete by a man. I shop at this walmart all the time and it even made the news.

♤ The Military

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 8:26 am

King0fSpades wrote:
Between the frequent mass shootings, people running over protestors with cars, and people being caught with homemade explosives prepared to blow up the Capitol Building.  I think it's time that we admit that America has a terrorism problem on its own soil.  I'm always scared that if I go out in public to do grocery shopping I myself could be the victim of a random mass shooting.  I think people in this country have truly lost their minds...
Incels, white supremacists, toxic males, anti-semites, misogynists, conspiracy theorists ... round them all up and ship them off to Australia.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 8:28 am

Fnord wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Between the frequent mass shootings, people running over protestors with cars, and people being caught with homemade explosives prepared to blow up the Capitol Building.  I think it's time that we admit that America has a terrorism problem on its own soil.  I'm always scared that if I go out in public to do grocery shopping I myself could be the victim of a random mass shooting.  I think people in this country have truly lost their minds...
Incels, white supremacists, toxic males, anti-semites, misogynists, conspiracy theorists ... round them all up and ship them off to Australia.

That wouldnt be fair to Australians. Let's stuff them in a rocket ship and launch them all into the sun! :sunny:

♤ The Military

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 8:30 am

King0fSpades wrote:
Fnord wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
That wouldn't be fair to Australians. Let's stuff them in a rocket ship and launch them all into the sun!
Cheaper to ship them to Australia.  Besides, the Land Down Under was founded as a penal colony, so why not carry on the tradition?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 8:34 am

Fnord wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Fnord wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
That wouldn't be fair to Australians. Let's stuff them in a rocket ship and launch them all into the sun!
Cheaper to ship them to Australia.  Besides, the Land Down Under was founded as a penal colony, so why not carry on the tradition?

Good point, but there are many kind Australians who I wouldnt want to dump our trash on.

Hey I know! How about we send them all to Antarctica? :wink:

♤ The Military

slam_thunderhide
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Sep 2021, 9:38 am

Fnord wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

It never ceases to amaze me how easily some people are manipulated by the media. The vast majority of mass shootings in America are either gang-related, or are carried out by lone (mentally unstable) individuals with no political agenda whatsoever. More people get killed in gang-related violence in an average weekend in Chicago than get killed by "right-wing domestic terrorists" in a year, so why not be concerned about that instead? People who get all worked up about "right-wing domestic terrorists" in America are probably the sorts of people who blame "Russian hackers" when their TVs stop working.

Also, it's kind of amusingly inappropriate seeing people on an AS forum directing anger towards "incels". I suppose if the media started lumping "loners" together with incels, the virtue-signallers on this forum would join in the two-minute hate against them as well.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 10:02 am

slam_thunderhide wrote:
Fnord wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Between the frequent mass shootings, people running over protestors with cars, and people being caught with homemade explosives prepared to blow up the Capitol Building.  I think it's time that we admit that America has a terrorism problem on its own soil.  I'm always scared that if I go out in public to do grocery shopping I myself could be the victim of a rando mass shooting.  I think people in this country have truly lost their minds...

It never ceases to amaze me how easily some people are manipulated by the media. The vast majority of mass shootings in America are either gang-related, or are carried out by lone (mentally unstable) individuals with no political agenda whatsoever. More people get killed in gang-related violence in an average weekend in Chicago than get killed by "right-wing domestic terrorists" in a year, so why not be concerned about that instead? People who get all worked up about "right-wing domestic terrorists" in America are probably the sorts of people who blame "Russian hackers" when their TVs stop working.

Also, it's kind of amusingly inappropriate seeing people on an AS forum directing anger towards "incels". I suppose if the media started lumping "loners" together with incels, the virtue-signallers on this forum would join in the two-minute hate against them as well.

And it never ceases to amaze ME the way right wingers are manipulated by Trump and QAnon.

You are entitled to your opinion, even if your opinion is wrong. :roll:

♤ The Military

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 10:16 am

slam_thunderhide wrote:
Fnord wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

Err the incels are the ones who are hateful, not the people angry at them. Kind of hard not to be mad at the incel community when they celebrate the actions of people like Elliot Rodgers. Best to just be single and looking if you don't have a girlfriend yet but want one, no need to associate with such toxicity.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 10:20 am

slam_thunderhide wrote:

How many of us live in Chicago? If one lives in Chudistan in makes more sense to worry about local threats like far-right extremists instead of fixating on OMG CHICAGO GANGSTAS SO DANGEROUS. Of course, if one lives in Chicago it would make sense to focus on the local threat but how many of people trying to use Chicago as an example of the real problem even live there?

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 10:22 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
slam_thunderhide wrote:
Fnord wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

Err the incels are the ones who are hateful, not the people angry at them. Kind of hard not to be mad at the incel community when they celebrate the actions of people like Elliot Rodgers. Best to just be single and looking if you don't have a girlfriend yet but want one, no need to associate with such toxicity.

Incels are indeed hateful and so are the other people Fnord listed. I raise my eyebrow at anybody who would defend scumbags who would advocate for violence. :?

♤ The Military

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 10:29 am

King0fSpades wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
slam_thunderhide wrote:
Fnord wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
It never ceases to amaze me how easily some people are manipulated by the media. The vast majority of mass shootings in America are either gang-related, or are carried out by lone (mentally unstable) individuals with no political agenda whatsoever. More people get killed in gang-related violence in an average weekend in Chicago than get killed by "right-wing domestic terrorists" in a year, so why not be concerned about that instead? People who get all worked up about "right-wing domestic terrorists" in America are probably the sorts of people who blame "Russian hackers" when their TVs stop working. Also, it's kind of amusingly inappropriate seeing people on an AS forum directing anger towards "incels". I suppose if the media started lumping "loners" together with incels, the virtue-signallers on this forum would join in the two-minute hate against them as well.
Incels are indeed hateful and so are the other people Fnord listed. I raise my eyebrow at anybody who would defend scumbags who would advocate for violence.
Defenders of hate cannot truly consider to opposing opinions -- no matter how warm and civil those opinions may be presented -- because doing so puts their narrow understanding of reality at risk.  It is this totalizing aspect of hate-mongering that the rest of us object to since, after all, it is the root of all kinds of authoritarian evils.  In the North American context, this authoritarian rigidity serves to uphold male toxicity as exemplified by the Christian white male supremacist patriarchy.  It is also, of course, precisely the one thing hate-mongers cannot give up while retaining their self-aggrandizing identity.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 10:40 am

Fnord wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
slam_thunderhide wrote:
Fnord wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
It never ceases to amaze me how easily some people are manipulated by the media. The vast majority of mass shootings in America are either gang-related, or are carried out by lone (mentally unstable) individuals with no political agenda whatsoever. More people get killed in gang-related violence in an average weekend in Chicago than get killed by "right-wing domestic terrorists" in a year, so why not be concerned about that instead? People who get all worked up about "right-wing domestic terrorists" in America are probably the sorts of people who blame "Russian hackers" when their TVs stop working. Also, it's kind of amusingly inappropriate seeing people on an AS forum directing anger towards "incels". I suppose if the media started lumping "loners" together with incels, the virtue-signallers on this forum would join in the two-minute hate against them as well.
Incels are indeed hateful and so are the other people Fnord listed. I raise my eyebrow at anybody who would defend scumbags who would advocate for violence.
Defenders of hate cannot truly consider to opposing opinions -- no matter how warm and civil those opinions may be presented -- because doing so puts their narrow understanding of reality at risk.  It is this totalizing aspect of hate-mongering that the rest of us object to since, after all, it is the root of all kinds of authoritarian evils.  In the North American context, this authoritarian rigidity serves to uphold male toxicity as exemplified by the Christian white male supremacist patriarchy. It is also, of course, precisely the one thing hate-mongers cannot give up while retaining their self-aggrandizing identity.

Honestly Fnord you're the most level headed person I know here and you are good at telling it like it is (unlike me lol).

Do you think there is any realistic way to fix these problems in our country? Because arguing with such people clearly does nothing, and voting for politicians who tell us what we want to hear doesn't work either.

Do you believe things is any kind of real hope for this country or are we basically headed down the same path as Mao's cultural Revolution? Honestly from what I have read that seems more comparable to what is happening to the US now than the talks of us repeating the next rise of the Third Reich.

I'm not saying Trump is Mao. But I am starting to see similarities to what Mao did to his own country and what Trump is attempting to do to ours.

Unless I'm wrong to make such a comparison? :|

♤ The Military

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 11:15 am

I do not see civilization lasting another 50 years; but then again, I do not see ME lasting another 50 years, either.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 11:19 am

Fnord wrote:
I do not see civilization lasting another 50 years; but then again, I do not see ME lasting another 50 years, either.

...pity :|

♤ The Military

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 11:37 am

King0fSpades wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Who wants to live forever?

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 11:43 am

funeralxempire wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Who wants to live forever?

If the quality of life didn't suffer so much as we get old, I might. Once I can no longer get out, hike, and enjoy nature, I'll be ready to go.

Oscar Meyer Lansky