Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 10:03 pm

Tross wrote:

King0fSpades wrote:
A Song of Ice and Fire? 8)
Indeed. 8)
King0fSpades wrote:
We could always banish them to Greenland too! :mrgreen:
Yes, there are clearly options for both ice and fire.

♤ The Military

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 10:17 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I do not see civilization lasting another 50 years; but then again, I do not see ME lasting another 50 years, either.

...pity :|

Who wants to live forever?

I'm afraid of death. Because death for me could mean no longer being able to experience the pleasures of our world because I no longer exist. If there is indeed bo afterlife.

And as much as I hate people (because I really am a misanthrope who gets easily disgusted with humanity) I dont want the whole world to die, and I want my neice to grow up in a safe and better world. :(

Yeah I get that, seems there is a lot to experience and having and end to that does seem very unpleasant. Idk I'd rather be made into some kind of cyborg that slowly loses the human parts if it would give me more decades in life than I could get otherwise even if it meant someday I'd lose what it is to be me. At least I'd have longer to experience things.

But idk my childhood and early 20's were kinda crap so I kinda feel like I wasted some time. So idk sometimes it feels unfair that I don't get a guaranteed extension of life to make up for those years. But I guess such is the experience of life having regrets then wanting a lot more experiences before you meet your end.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 10:23 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I do not see civilization lasting another 50 years; but then again, I do not see ME lasting another 50 years, either.

...pity :|

Who wants to live forever?

I'm afraid of death. Because death for me could mean no longer being able to experience the pleasures of our world because I no longer exist. If there is indeed bo afterlife.

And as much as I hate people (because I really am a misanthrope who gets easily disgusted with humanity) I dont want the whole world to die, and I want my neice to grow up in a safe and better world. :(

Yeah I get that, seems there is a lot to experience and having and end to that does seem very unpleasant. Idk I'd rather be made into some kind of cyborg that slowly loses the human parts if it would give me more decades in life than I could get otherwise even if it meant someday I'd lose what it is to be me. At least I'd have longer to experience things.

But idk my childhood and early 20's were kinda crap so I kinda feel like I wasted some time. So idk sometimes it feels unfair that I don't get a guaranteed extension of life to make up for those years. But I guess such is the experience of life having regrets then wanting a lot more experiences before you meet your end.

I feel the same way about my teen years and 20's. I have a lot of regrets myself but at the same time I know I could have never done things any different if I had tried...

I think most people in this world feel as though they wasted their lives once they get to be over 30.

♤ The Military

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 1:09 am

in my senior years i finally get a chance to be in my second childhood, and aside from arthritis i am livin' it the way i should have been able to live it back in the day.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 1:25 am

Fnord wrote:
round them all up and ship them off to Australia.[/color]

We have our fair lot already thanks.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 1:26 am

how do we know that our world isn't some other more advanced world's penal colony?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 1:29 am

slam_thunderhide wrote:
Also, it's kind of amusingly inappropriate seeing people on an AS forum directing anger towards "incels". I suppose if the media started lumping "loners" together with incels, the virtue-signallers on this forum would join in the two-minute hate against them as well.

Incels practice "hate". Don't see a lot of love, tolerance or understanding on 4chan or 8chan.

Also having AS doesn't give you a free pass to support violence

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 12:40 pm

cyberdad wrote:
slam_thunderhide wrote:
Also, it's kind of amusingly inappropriate seeing people on an AS forum directing anger towards "incels". I suppose if the media started lumping "loners" together with incels, the virtue-signallers on this forum would join in the two-minute hate against them as well.

Incels practice "hate". Don't see a lot of love, tolerance or understanding on 4chan or 8chan.

But, don't you get it? Girls don't like me. I keep putting nice tokens in and no sex ever comes out. :evil: :cry:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 11:58 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
slam_thunderhide wrote:

But, don't you get it? Girls don't like me. I keep putting nice tokens in and no sex ever comes out. :evil: :cry:

I sympathize with the incel community, as the frustration of not having a significant other no matter how hard one tries is palpable. However, I do not think that's cause enough to form a terrorist cult, and even if it wasn't that, there are far better things to base one's identity on.

Then again, I have developed a different take on the whole love, dating and marriage thing. So many people, and I mean so many, define themselves far more than they should IMHO on who they're in a relationship with, and if they're not in one, by being single but in a quest for a relationship. I say nuts to that.

I'll welcome the kind of companionship a "soulmate" will offer me, should I meet her. However, I'm not looking to be tied down or held back, and I'm certainly not looking to check off a box. If I am to be with someone, my life has to be better with her than without her, otherwise, I'm better off being a solo act anyways. :roll: If it happens, then great. If not, I'm more than just a relationship status, so life will still go on.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 12:04 am

auntblabby wrote:
how do we know that our world isn't some other more advanced world's penal colony?

:lol:

More likely a terraforming experiment.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 12:22 am

Tross wrote:
Then again, I have developed a different take on the whole love, dating and marriage thing. So many people, and I mean so many, define themselves far more than they should IMHO on who they're in a relationship with, and if they're not in one, by being single but in a quest for a relationship. I say nuts to that. .

That is a valid point and you have every right to be a happy productive member of society who is respected and loved regardless of your relationship status.

It's inevitable that you won't be appreciated by NT people who are part of a network of defacto, married couples/friends but they are going to be cliquey anyway so I wouldn't stress.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 12:34 pm

Sure, domestic terrorism in the USA is a real threat.. however, debilitating anxiety over it is worse - as it's highly unlikely you'll personally be a victim of domestic terrorism, but living in fear of it guarantees to victimize you.

Yeah, there are truly a lot of whackos doing whacko things, people committing violent acts in the name of politics, race, religion etc.. BUT, in general, globally, we live during the most peaceful times humans have ever lived! Fewer people die today from violence than ever in human history. It was only a short few hundred years ago that we were slaughtering each other on battlefields with broadswords. Now we live 50+ years longer and die of organ failure or illness once our immune systems wear out and can no longer protect us.

Bright side, bright side.. we're doing allllllright.* 8)

*but also don't put yourself in the line of fire by attending any protests, maga rallies, or insurrections etc.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 12:47 pm

I couldnt attend a protest even if I wanted to. :P

♤ The Military

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 1:34 pm

demonstrations are a drag, and generally futile as well as counterproductive because of the majority of stoooopid people who just don't get it. the only kind of protest that really works is financial, en masse. BOYCOTTS.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 12:37 am

The problem is the inner cities, like Chicago.

Poverty + gangs + drugs ?

It's likely politically difficult, because it's likely mostly minorities in these poverty areas, so you would be saying minorities are domestic terrorists.

Chicago’s most violent weekend of 2021: 104 shot, 19 of them killed. 13 kids among the wounded
https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2021 ... n-violence

This is just one weekend. 8O

Be the hero of your life.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 11:08 am

TheRobotLives wrote:
The problem is the inner cities, like Chicago.

Poverty + gangs + drugs ?

It's likely politically difficult, because it's likely mostly minorities in these poverty areas, so you would be saying minorities are domestic terrorists.

Chicago’s most violent weekend of 2021: 104 shot, 19 of them killed. 13 kids among the wounded
https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2021 ... n-violence

This is just one weekend. 8O

I thought terrorism by definition was politically motivated and most organized crime in the inner cities isn't attached to some sort of political group or driven by ideology.

It's still violence, it's still terrible, but it isn't terrorism.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う