Page 2 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 11:44 am

funeralxempire wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I do not see civilization lasting another 50 years; but then again, I do not see ME lasting another 50 years, either.

...pity :|

Who wants to live forever?

I'm afraid of death. Because death for me could mean no longer being able to experience the pleasures of our world because I no longer exist. If there is indeed bo afterlife.

And as much as I hate people (because I really am a misanthrope who gets easily disgusted with humanity) I dont want the whole world to die, and I want my neice to grow up in a safe and better world. :(

♤ The Military

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 11:48 am

King0fSpades wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I do not see civilization lasting another 50 years; but then again, I do not see ME lasting another 50 years, either.

...pity :|

Who wants to live forever?

I'm afraid of death. Because death for me could mean no longer being able to experience the pleasures of our world because I no longer exist. If there is indeed bo afterlife.

And as much as I hate people (because I really am a misanthrope who gets easily disgusted with humanity) I dont want the whole world to die, and I want my neice to grow up in a safe and better world. :(

If you're not around to experience anything as far as your consciousness is concerned it's not happening, no you won't experience the pleasures but you also won't experience anything else. You're no longer a participant in the game from that point on.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 3:53 pm

So the GQP obviously arent going to do a damn thing about these domestic terrorists once they succeed in fully taking over the country.

It's going to really suck. :|

♤ The Military

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 4:22 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
So the GQP obviously arent going to do a damn thing about these domestic terrorists once they succeed in fully taking over the country. [...]
It would not surprise me if the GOP put those domestic terrorists on the payroll and gave each one a brown shirt.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 4:28 pm

Fnord wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
So the GQP obviously arent going to do a damn thing about these domestic terrorists once they succeed in fully taking over the country. [...]
It would not surprise me if the GOP put those domestic terrorists on the payroll and gave each one a brown shirt.

Me neither. I mean, why the hell else would they be so intent on sabotaging the January 6th investigation? They have done everything in their power to sweep what happened under the rug.

If it walks like a fascist, swims like a fascist, and quacks like a fascist...

♤ The Military

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 5:57 pm

Boy, how does anyone in this thread get anything done between checking for Proud Boys under the bed, Putin in the closet, Donald Trump under the floorboards, conspiracy theorists in the attic (beaming wrongthink at you, so best foil up), white supremacist in the garage, incels peeping in the windows, toxic masculinity wafting through the air...

It sounds exhausting.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 6:18 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Boy, how does anyone in this thread get anything done between checking for Proud Boys under the bed, Putin in the closet, Donald Trump under the floorboards, conspiracy theorists in the attic (beaming wrongthink at you, so best foil up), white supremacist in the garage, incels peeping in the windows, toxic masculinity wafting through the air...

It sounds exhausting.

Not as exhausting as being a keyboard warrior I'm sure.

♤ The Military

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 10:46 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
Not as exhausting as being a keyboard warrior I'm sure.

Oh no, this is relaxing for me, I hung up my ranger tab a long time ago.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 4:23 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
Fnord wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Fnord wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Between the frequent mass shootings, people running over protestors with cars, and people being caught with homemade explosives prepared to blow up the Capitol Building.  I think it's time that we admit that America has a terrorism problem on its own soil.  I'm always scared that if I go out in public to do grocery shopping I myself could be the victim of a random mass shooting.  I think people in this country have truly lost their minds...
Incels, white supremacists, toxic males, anti-semites, misogynists, conspiracy theorists ... round them all up and ship them off to Australia.
That wouldn't be fair to Australians. Let's stuff them in a rocket ship and launch them all into the sun!
Cheaper to ship them to Australia.  Besides, the Land Down Under was founded as a penal colony, so why not carry on the tradition?

Good point, but there are many kind Australians who I wouldnt want to dump our trash on.

Hey I know! How about we send them all to Antarctica? :wink:

Nah, Antarctica is a place where much scientific research is conducted. It is a place for intellectuals, not those dunces. We could ship them off to Australia, but the part of the Australian Outback where the vast majority of Australians never go anyways. That way, they're out of sight, out of mind for even the Aussies.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 4:29 pm

Tross wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Fnord wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Fnord wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Between the frequent mass shootings, people running over protestors with cars, and people being caught with homemade explosives prepared to blow up the Capitol Building.  I think it's time that we admit that America has a terrorism problem on its own soil.  I'm always scared that if I go out in public to do grocery shopping I myself could be the victim of a random mass shooting.  I think people in this country have truly lost their minds...
Incels, white supremacists, toxic males, anti-semites, misogynists, conspiracy theorists ... round them all up and ship them off to Australia.
That wouldn't be fair to Australians. Let's stuff them in a rocket ship and launch them all into the sun!
Cheaper to ship them to Australia.  Besides, the Land Down Under was founded as a penal colony, so why not carry on the tradition?

Good point, but there are many kind Australians who I wouldnt want to dump our trash on.

Nah, Antarctica is a place where much scientific research is conducted. It is a place for intellectuals, not those dunces. We could ship them off to Australia, but the part of the Australian Outback where the vast majority of Australians never go anyways. That way, they're out of sight, out of mind for even the Aussies.

I guess the Outback would be the best place for them. :wtg:

♤ The Military

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 4:49 pm

Tross wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Fnord wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Fnord wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

Most of Antarctica is just as out-of-sight/out-of-mind as the Outback.

Why not make them flip a coin to decide their fate? Heads it's fire, tails it's ice.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 5:24 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Tross wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Fnord wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Fnord wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

Why not make them flip a coin to decide their fate? Heads it's fire, tails it's ice.

A Song of Ice and Fire? 8)

♤ The Military

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 5:27 pm

We could always banish them to Greenland too! :mrgreen:

♤ The Military

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 5:34 pm

Well... a self respecting empire always sends convicts to faraway territories that it wants to fill up with settlers as fast as possible - to beef up the population in order to exploit the territory, and to defend it.

The emperors of China would send you to Hainan Island (a large island off their southern coast that was considered a tropical non paradise faraway from civilization).

Both the Czars and the Soviets would banish you to Siberia.

Britain first used Georgia for that purpose, then after the American Revolution used Australia.

Today...the US might use the Planet Mars! Or ...maybe Antarctica- for that purpose.

Trouble is that takes high tech skills to survive on Mars. It takes only slightly less life support to survive in Antarctica. So maybe neither of those is an option for some of the more maladjusted of the types in question.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 5:44 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Well... a self respecting empire always sends convicts to faraway territories that it wants to fill up with settlers as fast as possible - to beef up the population in order to exploit the territory, and to defend it.

The emperors of China would send you to Hainan Island (a large island off their southern coast that was considered a tropical non paradise faraway from civilization).

Both the Czars and the Soviets would banish you to Siberia.

Britain first used Georgia for that purpose, then after the American Revolution used Australia.

Today...the US might use the Planet Mars! Or ...maybe Antarctica- for that purpose.

Trouble is that takes high tech skills to survive on Mars. It takes only slightly less life support to survive in Antarctica. So maybe neither of those is an option for some of the more maladjusted of the types in question.

I had no idea my state was originally a penal colony? That's pretty interesting! :D

♤ The Military

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 9:44 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
I guess the Outback would be the best place for them. :wtg:
Yes, and not the steakhouse.
funeralxempire wrote:

Good point. While we're on the subject, I think there are parts of the Sahara that are uninhabited around this time of year...and always, because humans generally don't spend much time there. Oh, maybe they can be the ones to put up and maintain solar panels in part of the Sahara. They could actually be useful that way. :lol:
King0fSpades wrote:
A Song of Ice and Fire? 8)
Indeed. 8)
King0fSpades wrote:
We could always banish them to Greenland too! :mrgreen:
Yes, there are clearly options for both ice and fire.