Autistic viciously beaten by Michigan bullies

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 8:38 am

Michigan teen with autism gets brutally beaten by high school classmates, captured on video

Quote:
A Michigan teen with autism was savagely beaten up by his classmates at Howell High School last week

A bystander recorded a video of the beating on their phone. It is now being used in a criminal investigation, FOX 2 reported.

The video shows two students beating up the teen with autism. The victim can be heard shouting in pain while getting punched and kicked before the two bullies steal his shoes

The suspects have reportedly been cooperative with police. It remains unclear whether they will be tried as adults.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 8:49 am

In fifty years, nothing has changed.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 8:51 am

Yep. Typical high school crap. I hope the bullies are punished severely.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 11:41 am

I guess nothing happened to it, Em.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 2:56 pm

Fnord wrote:

Now they are filmed doing itnand it goes viral, gets national exposure etc.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 3:17 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Fnord wrote:

And that has a tendency towards shaming the cops into taking s**t seriously, at least when they're not the perps.
Actually, sometimes (albeit rarely) even when they are.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 3:42 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
And that has a tendency towards shaming the cops into taking s**t seriously, at least when they're not the perps. Actually, sometimes (albeit rarely) even when they are.
What cops?  The autistic kid was beaten by classmates.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 4:01 pm

Fnord wrote:

There's been a real vogue for involving the cops in school discipline for the last decade or so, it's weird because it's often supported by people who are otherwise skeptical of the police.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 4:20 pm

Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
And that has a tendency towards shaming the cops into taking s**t seriously, at least when they're not the perps. Actually, sometimes (albeit rarely) even when they are.

I'm aware the kid was beaten by classmates, and the cops should be involved even if otherwise they wouldn't give a s**t. They can't not give a s**t because there is video and they can be shamed into action.

The other thing I said was that video can shame them into action even when one of their own is a perp, not that one of their own was a perp in this instance.

Video can be a powerful motivator for achieving justice.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 4:28 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I'm aware the kid was beaten by classmates, and the cops should be involved ...
They are involved.  Did you not read the article?  That they became involved only after the fact has a simple explanation: They were not present when the beating happened, and until the beating happened, there was no reason for them to be present.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 5:00 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I hope the bullies are punished severely.

Not only that, but perhaps this incident could help people stop believing in the
"kids just being kids" notion, meaning that not only parents, but also people who work in the field of public
education take bullying more seriously again.

Examples: My mom worked in the field of public education for 20 years before ditching it two years ago. Whenever she witnessed a bullying incident and tried to intervene, many parents and some former colleagues told my mom to "piss off", watch "kids just being kids" as if it was funny or entertaining, or believe anything of the sort.

I was bullied a lot in grade school and middle school and was usually the one sent to the principal's office. Bullies who saw me (and similar misfits) as easy targets for intimidation often managed to charm their ways out of detention with ease. Even two teachers decided to join in.

:evil: :evil:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 5:15 pm

Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
They are involved.  Did you not read the article?  That they became involved only after the fact has a simple explanation: They were not present when the beating happened, and until the beating happened, there was no reason for them to be present.

Then why did you ask what cops? :lol:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2021, 6:51 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Then why did you ask what cops?
Because YOU mentioned them first.

Or do you not remember?

Just look at your previous posts in this thread, and do try to keep up.

NoClearMind53
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Sep 2021, 9:42 am

Dox47 wrote:
Fnord wrote:

There's been a real vogue for involving the cops in school discipline for the last decade or so, it's weird because it's often supported by people who are otherwise skeptical of the police.

Evidence? I do not supporting police presence in the school. Investigating and prosecuting a particularly heinous attack that causes injury makes sense. If the only punishment is a slap on the wrist they will do it again and again, and when they are over 18 they'll get a way more severe sentence. Makes sense to nip it off at the bud.