Page 2 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 7:44 pm

Ok the preview I saw makes it look like a remake of the first film plain and simple.

Spunge42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2021, 8:46 pm

Fnord wrote:
DuckHairback wrote:
Keanu Reeves with a duck on his head? I'm all in.
Here ya go!

Yep yep.

"I sat with my anger long enough, until she told me her real name was grief."

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 10:33 pm

I agree with DOX47, the original Matrix was the best, and the subsequent sequels were merely to cash in the box office success (aka Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone).

In terms of impact on the culture, the memes that were generated from the Matrix pertain to the first movie. The first movie introduced one of the best (and simplest) explanations to date for how our brains perceive reality.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 11:05 pm

cyberdad wrote:
I agree with DOX47, the original Matrix was the best, and the subsequent sequels were merely to cash in the box office success (aka Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone).

In terms of impact on the culture, the memes that were generated from the Matrix pertain to the first movie. The first movie introduced one of the best (and simplest) explanations to date for how our brains perceive reality.

I love all three and honestly don't get why the sequels are disliked. I remember after seeing part one for the first time thinking that was great but I want act 2.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 12:47 am

:arrow:

Axeman wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I love all three and honestly don't get why the sequels are disliked. I remember after seeing part one for the first time thinking that was great but I want act 2.

Don't get me wrong, the sequels were good, high quality. But the impact was in the first movie.

In contrast Star wars the Clone Wars is when the Star wars story really got interesting.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 7:08 am

cyberdad wrote:
:arrow:
Axeman wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Don't get me wrong, the sequels were good, high quality. But the impact was in the first movie.

In contrast Star wars the Clone Wars is when the Star wars story really got interesting.

I agree with you that the Prequel/Clone War era tells the best story. That's including the cartoon. I also liked the Sequels.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 6:25 pm

Axeman wrote:
I agree with you that the Prequel/Clone War era tells the best story. That's including the cartoon. I also liked the Sequels.

Lucas was faced with a dilemma. The fans in the 1990s weren't satisfied with the prequels. There was a gaping hole in the chronology between the beginning of the Clone wars after the battle of Geonosis and the Revenge of the Sith.

Not sure if they ran out of money? the cartoon filled that gap...it introduced us to backstory to Anniken's fall to the darkside but also other (perhaps more interesting Jedi). Not to mention the clones.

Bad batch fills in some more gaps. For example, why did the empire choose to replace clones with recruits as stormtroopers once Order 66 was executed.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 11:40 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Axeman wrote:

Lucas was faced with a dilemma. The fans in the 1990s weren't satisfied with the prequels. There was a gaping hole in the chronology between the beginning of the Clone wars after the battle of Geonosis and the Revenge of the Sith.

Not sure if they ran out of money? the cartoon filled that gap...it introduced us to backstory to Anniken's fall to the darkside but also other (perhaps more interesting Jedi). Not to mention the clones.

Bad batch fills in some more gaps. For example, why did the empire choose to replace clones with recruits as stormtroopers once Order 66 was executed.

The Clone Wars cartoon saved the prequels I agree. Attack of the Clones shows the beginning of the war and Revenge it's final days. The prequels still work with the cartoon to bridge the gap.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2021, 10:17 pm

Axeman wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Axeman wrote:

The Clone Wars cartoon saved the prequels I agree. Attack of the Clones shows the beginning of the war and Revenge it's final days. The prequels still work with the cartoon to bridge the gap.

Lots of scope for new programs
Anniken's teenage years
Luke's time as a Jedi
Mace Windu lurking around sulking after getting his arm cut off and/or backstory leading to his appointment to the Jedi council
Leia's time as a Jedi
Jango Fett's backstory
A couple of hundred characters in the old republic and new republic

Not sure who's bright idea it was to make stories about Han Solo, or create the trilogy on Rey/Finn...I mean why??? so much else Disney could have done.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2021, 10:42 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Axeman wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Axeman wrote:

Lots of scope for new programs
Anniken's teenage years
Luke's time as a Jedi
Mace Windu lurking around sulking after getting his arm cut off and/or backstory leading to his appointment to the Jedi council
Leia's time as a Jedi
Jango Fett's backstory
A couple of hundred characters in the old republic and new republic

Not sure who's bright idea it was to make stories about Han Solo, or create the trilogy on Rey/Finn...I mean why??? so much else Disney could have done.

Han is very popular, probably second only to Luke in the entire franchise.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2021, 11:06 pm

Axeman wrote:

Han is great in the original movies because of Harrison Ford, The dudes they got to do Han and Lando were terrible in the backstory.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2021, 11:42 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Axeman wrote:

Han is great in the original movies because of Harrison Ford, The dudes they got to do Han and Lando were terrible in the backstory.

Also I enjoyed the sequels.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2021, 11:43 pm

I could never get into the first Matrix...everyone always raved about it, and then I finally saw it, and it was just bad Power Rangers The Movie wire-fu stunts mixed with pop-culture references to really good sci-fi movies.

I saw the sequels in the theatre and remember thinking they were kind of okay (aside from the terrible CGI which plagued almost every movie from those decades).

If I want to watch a cheesy cyberpunk film starring Keanu Reeves, I'll stick with the Japanese cut of Johnny Mnemonic.

cyberdad wrote:
Not sure who's bright idea it was to make stories about Han Solo...

George Lucas :)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2021, 4:59 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
I could never get into the first Matrix...everyone always raved about it, and then I finally saw it, and it was just bad Power Rangers The Movie wire-fu stunts mixed with pop-culture references to really good sci-fi movies.

I saw the sequels in the theatre and remember thinking they were kind of okay (aside from the terrible CGI which plagued almost every movie from those decades).

If I want to watch a cheesy cyberpunk film starring Keanu Reeves, I'll stick with the Japanese cut of Johnny Mnemonic.

Touche! :lol: that's hilarious

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 10:04 am

I am ready for this.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 10:32 am

Fnord wrote:
Jakki wrote:
... someone is not a fan of Disney...
I live in Anaheim where, if your name is not "Disney", you have little or no status with the people at City Hall.  Besides, look at what happened to "Star Wars" and the Marvel franchise after Disney got hold of them.

:(

I liked the new star-wars ok, and The Mandalorian was good.

But I hate Marvel lately, every movie seems like just absolute chaos where it is hard to decipher what is going on. Its like they just mashed all the Marvel stories together into one big chaotic mess. I don't like the bits that are supposed to be 'humor' its just not funny.

Its not like those spiderman movies from the early 2000's that were actually good.