Page 5 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 4:06 pm

thinkinginpictures wrote:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58503973

Quote:
A poll from the Pew Research Center released in June suggested that 60% of US adults favoured the death penalty, though nearly 80% believed there was some risk that an innocent person could be put to death.

Logical deduction is as follows:

1. The majority favours DP.
2. The majority don't care about innocent being put to death, even though they know the risk.

No. 2 is evil because you are in favour of executing an innocent (it is is evil to punish an innocent). Therefore, the logical conclusion must be that the majority (no. 1) are evil.

That's not deductive reasoning, that's inductive reasoning.

Also, aren't you the same fella that thinks all bullies should be put to death?

Seems a little morally inconsistent.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 8:43 pm

You know? I don't think it's just Americans that are evil. I think humanity itself is a cancer on the earth.

People around the world just love to hate on America and Americans because our laws happen to permit that luxury.

When people are hating on us for being hypocrites when we try to occassionally do the right thing but are defending the countries like China whose governments are actively committing genocide and silencing any form of protest against oppression that should give you an idea of just how sh***y human beings around the world (and especially on the internet!) truly are.

I dont think humanity is worth saving. Hell many apparently dont want to be saved because they think vaccines contain the mark of the beast and will cause AUTISM! :roll:

♤ The Military

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 10:03 pm

thinkinginpictures wrote:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58503973

Quote:
A poll from the Pew Research Center released in June suggested that 60% of US adults favoured the death penalty, though nearly 80% believed there was some risk that an innocent person could be put to death.

Logical deduction is as follows:

1. The majority favours DP.
2. The majority don't care about innocent being put to death, even though they know the risk.

No. 2 is evil because you are in favour of executing an innocent (it is is evil to punish an innocent). Therefore, the logical conclusion must be that the majority (no. 1) are evil.

Yet there's also those which endorse murdering the helpless too, like babies, the elderly, and the disabled. Usually the crowd that's opposed to executing murderers and rapists. I don't trust the courts to actually care about truth or justice, as their scales weigh mainly gold as for who can hire the best liars and pay all the known and unknown fees, plus the whole word-twisting ordeal of the "case-building" method they have rather than a valuation of probable truth or whatever would work best to actually find the truth of the matter. It is better to protect the innocent than punish the guilty though. It is amusing though whenever people that likely support infanticide would dare use the term "evil" for looking down on another. Like, you can call evil "good" and good "evil" all day long, and it will ultimately mean nothing but a twisting contrivance of words.

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 10:05 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
I think humanity itself is a cancer on the earth.

Who indoctrinated you to hate humans? What insanity is this? This kind of eugenics philosophy spread amongst those that would be murdered by those in power is the real cancer.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 10:55 pm

Iamaparakeet wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

Who indoctrinated you to hate humans? What insanity is this? This kind of eugenics philosophy spread amongst those that would be murdered by those in power is the real cancer.

It is what humans all too often do when they get into power.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power tends to corrupt absolutely.
Blame the evolutionary process.

It's life.
You could have strangled yourself with your umbilical cord, but you didn't.
You chose to be born. <sic>
Deal with it. 8)

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 7:31 am

Iamaparakeet wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

You know? Instead of insulting me and calling me insane for being disillusioned with humanity for acting so sh***y towards each other and destroying the planet, how about trying to prove me wrong? Without the insults?

:roll:

♤ The Military

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 7:35 am

Iamaparakeet wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

Probably got it from reading the Bible.

Thats IS what the Bible says. Were all scum because Adam and Eve ate a fruit. :lol:

Or maybe he just came to that conclusion on his own.

Not sayin I agree. Just that you're over reacting to the person over reacting. Autistics often grow up with a bad attitude about their fellow members of their own species because of being bullied etc. Dont take it...personally!

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 7:43 am

naturalplastic wrote:

Thats IS what the Bible says. Were all scum because Adam and Eve ate a fruit. :lol:

Yup.

♤ The Military

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 8:50 am

God thinks humans are scum also.He drowned most of them in a great flood.
Next he plans a fire cleanse.
That’ll fix ‘em.

Last edited by Misslizard on 12 Sep 2021, 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 9:20 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Iamaparakeet wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

Not sayin I agree. Just that you're over reacting to the person over reacting. Autistics often grow up with a bad attitude about their fellow members of their own species because of being bullied etc. Dont take it...personally!

That is just a euphemism.
Adam busted her cherry, hid the salami, they both had jiggy jiggy. 8O

Childhood/naivety = garden of Eden.
When people's reasoning abilities mature, and they see the obscenity of life, people are cast out of paradise.

Forgive me.
I am compelled to speak the Truth. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 9:25 am

Misslizard wrote:
That’ll fix ‘me.

And the people of Sodom and Gomorrah were punished because they were too broadminded.
I bit of a puritan rough dude, that god character. 8O
Thankfully, I am a hardcore atheist. 8)

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 10:50 am

I think the fire cleanse has already started.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 11:46 am

Misslizard wrote:
That’ll fix ‘em.

Apparently Zeus felt that humans were scum too and he tried to destroy us a couple of times. First by creating Pandora, the first woman who brought everything evil onto mankind by opening her box because she couldnt resist her curiosity. And he also flooded the entire world due to getting fed up with humanity's wickedness and drowned everyone except for two people who were tasked with repopulating the world (this all sounds kinda familiar, no? :chin:)

https://www.ranker.com/list/zeus-messed ... ob-shelton

♤ The Military

Starlight2001
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Sep 2021, 12:10 pm

I believe most people, regardless of country, are good. The problem is that politicians and government leaders tend to be evil. No country has a system of government that deters this as far as I know. That said, the death penalty is the same as murder and you can't deter people from killing people by showing them that killing is acceptable.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 12:50 pm

Starlight2001 wrote:
I believe most people, regardless of country, are good. The problem is that politicians and government leaders tend to be evil. No country has a system of government that deters this as far as I know. That said, the death penalty is the same as murder and you can't deter people from killing people by showing them that killing is acceptable.

I think throughout history most countries were good, until suddenly they weren't.

The Germans weren't always Nazis before WW2 after all.

♤ The Military

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 4:05 pm

This topic is going to end well.....