Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

softlyspeaks41
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Sep 2021, 1:45 am

Hello and welcome :) Glad you took the plunge and decided to reach out here. I know what anxiety is like, that on top of autism can be like salt on a wound. I was diagnosed very close to your age. You'll find plenty of care and understanding around these parts I bet :)

Alien99
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Sep 2021, 9:58 pm

Welcome,

Same story as you. Except I had to strong arm my doctor's to get an MRI before they finally said omg your amagdyala is huge and I got my formal diagnosis. Got kids just like one passed the test on paper the others had to get MRIs. I am delighted to meet other people like me finally. Gosh my whole life I've been searching.

summerly
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Oct 2021, 9:44 pm

Hi! I totally know how you feel! I am 50 (self diagnosed as I don't have the $1400 bucks for an official dx) and it is so hard for me to initiate any kind of social move. The lonliness is horrible yet initiating social stuff is extremely hard for me.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2021, 12:31 pm

welcome to the WP population... good to have you aboard .... :D :D :D :D
Glad you found your way here.

where ever you go ,there you are

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2021, 7:35 am

Solivagant66 wrote:
Hi guys, this is a first for me even though I have attempted many times to reach out and never gone through with it in the end. I don’t know if it’s because I’ve spent my entire life ‘dealing with it on my own’ or because I just don’t know what to say. I read that it’s easier for us to converse via forums however for me I find it terrifying as I never know what to say or how to respond, to how my response will be received, so I just don’t reach out. The problem I have, is, the older I get the more crushingly lonely I feel and I don’t have any friends. My anxiety is going through the roof just writing this and I know I’ll ruminate forever thinking about how stupid I was to post this as nobody cares and nobody understands. I know this is wrong on this forum but my life experience has taught me that people don’t get it and it’s easier for me to be lonely than it is to reach out due to the many negative experiences I’ve had. I would love to hear other people’s stories.

Welcome. I see you're in the UK. Can I ask how you went about getting a diagnosis - if you're comfortable talking about it.

I'm interested because I find myself unable to persist through the resistance of the NHS gatekeepers and unable to find the £900 necessary for a private analysis. I'd like to hear about your experience.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2021, 7:46 pm

Welcome to the WP family :D You will love it here. You will fit right in. People here are caring, nice & understanding.

I’m 51, I was diagnosed in my 20s, it explained everything, I thought I was really weird, I blamed myself for not making friends at school, I mostly kept quiet at school. High school was more hard, I skipped school ALOT, I almost didn’t graduate.

malco
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Apr 2022, 4:21 pm

Hi. I know and I care. I hope thngs will be better for you now you've found like souls. I felt the same until I discovered what was wrong with me. You have to live it to know it. There are so many stories of heartache here. :(