Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 4:02 am

Does anyone know about life insurance checks?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 11:44 am

Yes, someone does.

What specifically about them?

And are you talking about cheques paying out from a policy? Or cheques written to pay regular premiums for a policy?

You have to be a lot more specific if you want any sort of answer that's of any use to you.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 12:21 pm

I don't get what life insurance is about. I paid out for life insurance in the past for a few years until my Mum saw it and asked what it was. She said that it was when I die, they would pay money to my spouse. I have never had a spouse. I did tell the man who said I needed it that I was not married and had never been married. When I stopped paying it they complained and threatened me that my children and my wife would not recieve a penny if I cancelled and died. But what wife? What children? I don't get it? Why did they think I was doing wrong by cancelling it?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 12:50 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
I don't get what life insurance is about. I paid out for life insurance in the past for a few years until my Mum saw it and asked what it was. She said that it was when I die, they would pay money to my spouse. I have never had a spouse. I did tell the man who said I needed it that I was not married and had never been married. When I stopped paying it they complained and threatened me that my children and my wife would not recieve a penny if I cancelled and died. But what wife? What children? I don't get it? Why did they think I was doing wrong by cancelling it?

It doesn't have to go to a wife or kids. The beneficiary can be anyone you name. On policies I've had automatically through employers, I've listed my mother as the beneficiary - that way if I was killed at work she'd receive a cheque for $x to pay for my funeral costs or whatever.

Naturally they're going to say whatever high pressure sales tactic lines they have to guilt people into continuing to pay for their insurance product. That's why they'd try to convince you that you're "wrong," to cancel a policy. Insurance is a HUGE $ industry.