School cop convicted of assaulting autistic schoolboy in UK

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 6:26 am

https://boingboing.net/2021/09/09/uk-school-cop-convicted-of-assaulting-10-year-old-boy-with-autism.html

Quote:
A police officer who dragged a schoolboy with autism down a hallway and aimed a kick at him was convicted of assault at a magistrate's court and and found guilty of gross misconduct by a board of his fellow officers. The officer, named as Christopher Cruise, 57, must pay £3105 ($4300) in fines and compensation and was told he would have been fired had he not taken retirement immediately after the incident, which occured at a special education school he was stationed in in Liverpool, England.

Cruise also reportedly threatened another child—and a teacher who told him they would file a complaint about the incident. The leniency of the punishment has led to further anger online, especially given how appalling the CCTV footage is.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman