My Boyfriend Is Coming To Town & I’m Nervous

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

nalinakimori
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Sep 2021, 6:29 pm

Hello Everyone.
I am an a high-achieving Aspie.
My Love will be coming to my home state after the first time in a while due to CoVid, & him having to take care of thing at home where he lives. We are in a long distance relationship, & he is coming to visit me. I am so nervous because it has been a while since we have seen each other, & he still gives me butterflies just like when I first met him. We met 7 years ago and I am still very much in love with him as I was when we first met.

The only difference with him coming to see me now, is that this time, he will be staying at my place with me for the weekend. I have been practicing how to make his favorite meals, and how to make someone who is visiting your place for the first time as an overnight guest comfortable.
I have a habit of getting Dhiarhea of the mouth (basically rambling, and saying idiotic things out of nervousness) around him that sometimes kills the mood, or destroys the moment.

How do I make him comfortable , and do you have any tips to make our time together memorable , good, and wonderful?

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 7:08 pm

Have fun, just not too much fun, you ain't trying to get pregnant or anything.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 7:41 pm

nalinakimori wrote:
I have a habit of getting Dhiarhea of the mouth (basically rambling, and saying idiotic things out of nervousness) around him that sometimes kills the mood, or destroys the moment.

He obviously likes you, Let him do the talking.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 11:25 am

Hope it goes well :). I’d be doing a workout to relieve any excess stress/anxiety the morning he’s arriving(if there’s time) or going for a run/walk. Just to relax a little more. Whatever calms you. Only natural you feel this way though :). I agree with the above post that says “Just let him talk” by practicing calm, taking a breath and if you do start rambling, try to break that cycle by asking him about his life etc, allowing him to speak more. This will all be so much easier once you’re with each other more hopefully. :)

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 3:07 pm

If I had a long distance girlfriend and saw her after a long time of no contact, i'd be clapping some cheeks like it was a full time job with overtime hours.