How would you describe yourself, if asked?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

XenopusMan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Sep 2021, 1:28 am

Like in terms of your personality, how you act, etc. Describe yourself as if you were a character.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 1:49 am

I'll take this description of Emily Bronte, by Charlotte.

It sounds very much like me.

"In Emily's nature, the extremes of vigour and simplicity seemed to meet. Under an unsophisticated culture, inartificial taste and an unpretending outside, lay a power and fire that might have informed the brain and kindled the veins of a hero; but she had no worldly wisdom—her powers were unadapted to the practical business of life—she would fail to defend her most manifest rights, to consult her legitimate advantage. An interpreter ought always to have stood between her and the world. Her will was not very flexible and it generally opposed her interest. Her temper was magnanimous, but warm and sudden; her spirit altogether unbending."

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 2:05 am

that is a very tall order.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 2:30 am

I'd ask them back -- what do you think? :lol: How would you describe it?

If one insists...
Moody and.. Not very predictable. :lol:
And likes dark chocolates.

The rest is too random.
Not without contradiction. One cannot just know, even to myself.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 8:16 am

I feel like a broken human being at times...

I know I mean well towards others and I care about things that should be right and wrong but I understand why people get easily irritated with me. I'm not always an easy person to get along with.

♤ The Military

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 8:56 am

Wounded

Misunderstood

Languid

Apathetic

Outsmarted outnumbered overpowered

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 10:54 am

I’m really imaginative and creative. Some days, I’d rather be reading a fantasy novel or drawing than doing anything else. I like being social around the right people. Like I’ll be nice to everyone unless they’re being a complete jerk. Even then I just remember they have their own stuff going on that isn’t my fault.

I do have flaws. I’m very vain and can be materialistic. When I see a mirror I have to check myself out. I love how I look and have perfected my hair care, skincare, makeup routine and like my outfits to look well thought out. I also value my personal belongings and like for my living space to look organized and decent.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 12:36 pm

Hm, sounds like an interesting challenge. I think I’ll cheat somewhat by borrowing from descriptions that friends and acquaintances have used to describe me in the past regarding first impressions. Styled in a past tense description. This is going to be odd. An author would probably introduce me like this:

A lanky woman walked in the room. Her movements were somewhere between elegant confidence and uncertain nervousness, often switching between the two as if breaking character. There was a calmness about her presence, an unusual stillness that was somehow comforting to others. Her voice was soft yet insistent. There was a hidden resilience in her appearance, it was difficult to place exactly what gave that impression, yet it was so intrinsic to the way she held herself. She wasn’t scary in the traditional sense, her features were unthreatening, yet she held a quiet power. One that would be unwise to underestimate.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 1:16 pm

I guess I'll use the words people have used to describe me over the years instead of using my own perception of myself.

Being told I'm coherent on occassion

Being told I was highly empathetic 'for an Aspie' by my Special Ed teacher.

Being told "It's called empathy!" By my own therapist As if I have none...

Being told I "reek of narcissism" by some random Facebook person.

Being compared to my mom's abusive ex husband who I despise by my own mother.

Being told I was always a "sweet boy" by most old ladies

Being told I was a creep by someone I thought was my friend a long time ago

Being called "Harry Potter on Crack" when I was in middle school.

...Maybe I shouldn't let others decide who or what I am for me? :?

♤ The Military

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 1:29 pm

6'3" 200# on a good day. shorter and fatter in a less-that-good time. dark hair in pony tail or letting freak flag fly in the breeze on a frisky day. dark hazel eyes. tanned complexion. usually wears tank top and thin/loose-fitting trousers, loafers or orthopedic shoes. always votes left-wing. hates to waste resources with a passion. still has not got a cell phone but ironically was an early adopter back a few decades. working class. loves '88-'95 Cadillac sedan de villes. also loves Citroens but never got to even see one up close but once. lover of Wurlitzer-type theatrical organs with all the percussions and sound effects on board. aficionado of stereophonic surround sound. loves most music recorded between the 20s through the 80s. has distaste for most sports. distaste for monochrome and monophonic. HATES eating cucumbers and olives. has Stendhal's Syndrome. cries at good sad movies and musics. strong despiser of ableists and classists. autistic and schizotypal traits predominate, along with avoidant personality disorder and some kind of pathological demand avoidance.