Former Aust prime-minister Abbott fined for not wearing mask

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 4:37 am

Police have fined former Prime Minister Tony Abbott $500, after a member of the public photographed him without a mask while out in the Sydney suburb of Manly.

NSW Police said they "will allege the man did not wear a face mask while in public at Fairy Bower, Manly Beach" on the morning of Wednesday, September 8.

His response -"I never thought that dobbing and snitching was part of the Australian character and I think that the sooner we can leave this health police state mindset behind us, the better for everyone."

How do I feel?

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 12:30 am

mark Knight's cartoon of him was funny.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 12:39 am

My favourite Tony Abbott caricature is when the question was posed about him coming back as leader of the LNP

:lol:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 1:14 am

Oppress me harder, daddy.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 5:15 am

Dox47 wrote:
Oppress me harder, daddy.

Interesting you should mention oppression, Abbott was one of the most authoritarian leaders the LNP ever elected. He enforced the law like a veritable dictator,

That's why its highly amusing that the law used to fine him for a breach of COVID restrictions (which was caught irresponsibly flouting) was signed by a member of his own party, Justice in action :lol: