Page 2 of 7 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 2:10 pm

Since hatred only leads to further divison, conflict, violence, and death, I'll pass.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 2:33 pm

Territorial disputes. Fake items sales. Violation of land and sea borders. Discrimination. Outright brain washing of it's recent citizens. Military intimidation tactics. Exclusion. Dysregulation of markets. Censorship.

Or so it says. Not my personal complaints -- except censorship. :roll:
It's kinda like woke culture, but with weirder logic that would make sense to some eastern PPR contexts.

The truth, I think, is more anticlimactic than most western accounts have.

I'm from Southeast Asia. Practically neighboring China.
The complaint goes beyond propaganda, economics competition and whatever political cold war that may exists across the sea.

And personally?
I'm not worried. Not because I don't do catastrophizing. Because I know what's going on a bit closer than that -- again, it's very anticlimactic.

The truth is less grand than some take over and competition.

Enough to worry for China instead, in somewhat the same but completely different regard in worrying for the US.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 2:36 pm

Edna3362 wrote:
Territorial disputes. Fake items sales. Violation of land and sea borders. Discrimination. Outright brain washing of it's recent citizens. Military intimidation tactics. Exclusion. Dysregulation of markets. Censorship.

Or so it says. Not my personal complaints -- except censorship. :roll:
It's kinda like woke culture, but with weirder logic that would make sense to some eastern contexts.

The truth, I think, is more anticlimactic than most western accounts have.

I'm from Southeast Asia. Practically neighboring China.
The complaint goes beyond propaganda, economics competition and whatever political cold war that may exists across the sea.

And personally?
I'm not worried. Not because I don't do catastrophizing. Because I know what's going on a bit closer than that -- again, it's very anticlimactic.

The truth is less grand than some take over and competition.

Enough to worry for China instead, in somewhat the same but completely different regard in worrying for the US.

Hmm, I never thought of it all that way before. I guess it helps more to listen to those who live close to China instead of paying attention to the media and internet.

♤ The Military

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 2:40 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
Ah yes. Here comes the "You're now allowed to criticize China on anything because only America deserves it!" police. :roll:

China is no angel but maybe check your sources. Where are you getting all this China is evil stuff from?

Probably the same people who have been peddling lies for decades, those linked to the Military Industrial Complex, which in the US includes the main stream media (which i believe is totally controlled by just 6 people), interest groups, Hollywood & corrupt politicians being paid by military lobbyists like raytheon & the like.

Its all a business to them, more war inc another cold war means more money to them & less to ordinary americans for health care & education.

Here`s the US at the moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2RvooEI0YE

Here`s how china is doing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up5m8mRq6EU

Maybe the US should start spending its money on its own people rather than threatening or killing those 1000`s of miles away

- George Bernie Shaw

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 2:57 pm

carlos55 wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Ah yes. Here comes the "You're now allowed to criticize China on anything because only America deserves it!" police. :roll:

China is no angel but maybe check your sources. Where are you getting all this China is evil stuff from?

Probably the same people who have been peddling lies for decades, those linked to the Military Industrial Complex, which in the US includes the main stream media (which i believe is totally controlled by just 6 people), interest groups, Hollywood & corrupt politicians being paid by military lobbyists like raytheon & the like.

Its all a business to them, more war inc another cold war means more money to them & less to ordinary americans for health care & education.

Here`s the US at the moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2RvooEI0YE

Here`s how china is doing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up5m8mRq6EU

Maybe the US should start spending its money on its own people rather than threatening or killing those 1000`s of miles away

I trust YouTube even less than I do Fox News. And believe me I do NOT trust Fox News.

YouTube spreads just as much disinformation and conspiracy theories.

But with that said, I imagine some things about China are being exaggerated, but they exaggerate things about Americans all the time just as the USSR did.

♤ The Military

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 3:05 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
I haven't read "The Art of War," but I get it's basic premise. While their work is far from complete, China is well on it's way to taking Canada without firing a shot. They have a lot of wealthy people here calling shots and shaping politics at every level - municipal/city/Provincial/Federal.. heck, even student councils on college campuses. They're buying up all kinds of property, residential, commercial, industrial, natural resources etc. They import their own people to build and operate projects, claiming language barriers and expertise mean Canadians can't work for them. etc. The same story is playing out in many countries.

I think we're at very high risk for China controlling Canada completely within another generation or two. It won't be so bad if they're good at it, I suppose.. but if they're here to plunder resource and ship them all back to China vs. to protect Canada in it's most natural state possible as humanity's "life raft on Earth," - a place to survive climate change thanks to fresh water and other resources, well then.. not only is Canada screwed, but so is our species. All we can do now is hope that they're good rulers and work with the latest knowledge of the environment and ecological sciences vs. the ages old typical model of colonialism and resource plundering. In an ideal world they'd be here to save us from ourselves.. but, being more realistic, they're here to take control for China's benefit - however they see fit. Hopefully they have the foresight to play the very long game and choose the most sustainable path.

Alternatively, the Chinese ultra wealthy class will come to own everything here and Canadians will become like the nameless faceless worker-bee class of people in China not even considered by the ruling class elites to be human. We'll live in cages like people in Hong Kong, and be made to do whatever dangerous work is required to harvest resources and ship them back to China to utilize in their global domination efforts.

OR, maybe none of that will happen exactly like that and they'll just keep buying and owning things while we do the work and they reap the profits. Only time will tell.

Here's what I know;

Yes, it is such a case from where I came from.

But it got little to do with China's government, but history. A really long one -- lies past precolonial era.

Also as for why the 'take over' -- it has to do with their culture and mindset in business and managerial.
Whatever you claim as 'work' is actually a collective subconscious.
It plays a rather predictable dynamic towards another culture -- another collective subconscious -- ones without a mindset of ambition or psych knowledge beyond survival modes to even consider such.

Really, there are explicit first hand accounts and direct observations here usually involving Chinese families comparing native families and their way of life.
It's always the mindset -- the inherited mindset, along with traditions that are originally from China.

My native cultures' mindset is incidentally molded by the Spanish in the colonial period. Making it a rather 'vulnerable' target in this modern era.
So thus the local dynasties exists for generations. Because something flows here and the Chinese knew it -- the natives don't.
It's somewhat a form of sense; kinda knowing how money works.

Then the now here -- currently top businesses owned mostly by the Chinese or of Chinese descent.

And yes -- the same sentiments exists. The natives here holds a grudge because of that.
The same worry exists -- not because of China, but the ever festering colonial mentality.

Personally, I do not care. I dislike the whole principle of business by that much. :lol:
And from my own autistic POV -- in some sense, NTs are vulnerable. And NTs are the majority.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Last edited by Edna3362 on 12 Sep 2021, 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 3:19 pm

it seems that Tiananmen Square [1989] marked a turning point for china from a relatively low-key authoritarian state, to one a lot more malevolent and activist.

AngelL
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Nov 2021, 6:31 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Since hatred only leads to further divison, conflict, violence, and death, I'll pass.

:heart:

There isn't a person in China that isn't my brother or sister in every way that really matters, so I'll join you in passing.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2021, 2:30 am

goldfish21 wrote:
I haven't read "The Art of War," but I get it's basic premise. While their work is far from complete, China is well on it's way to taking Canada without firing a shot. They have a lot of wealthy people here calling shots and shaping politics at every level - municipal/city/Provincial/Federal.. heck, even student councils on college campuses. They're buying up all kinds of property, residential, commercial, industrial, natural resources etc. They import their own people to build and operate projects, claiming language barriers and expertise mean Canadians can't work for them. etc. The same story is playing out in many countries.

I think we're at very high risk for China controlling Canada completely within another generation or two. It won't be so bad if they're good at it, I suppose.. but if they're here to plunder resource and ship them all back to China vs. to protect Canada in it's most natural state possible as humanity's "life raft on Earth," - a place to survive climate change thanks to fresh water and other resources, well then.. not only is Canada screwed, but so is our species. All we can do now is hope that they're good rulers and work with the latest knowledge of the environment and ecological sciences vs. the ages old typical model of colonialism and resource plundering. In an ideal world they'd be here to save us from ourselves.. but, being more realistic, they're here to take control for China's benefit - however they see fit. Hopefully they have the foresight to play the very long game and choose the most sustainable path.

Alternatively, the Chinese ultra wealthy class will come to own everything here and Canadians will become like the nameless faceless worker-bee class of people in China not even considered by the ruling class elites to be human. We'll live in cages like people in Hong Kong, and be made to do whatever dangerous work is required to harvest resources and ship them back to China to utilize in their global domination efforts.

OR, maybe none of that will happen exactly like that and they'll just keep buying and owning things while we do the work and they reap the profits. Only time will tell.

Welcome to the life under an empire rule.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2021, 2:58 am

what would have happened if nixon stayed home instead of approaching china?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2021, 4:06 am

I thought this site is about love not hate?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2021, 4:07 am

VegetableMan wrote:

For once I agree with you

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2021, 5:17 am

VegetableMan wrote:

this,

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2021, 5:22 am

the modding here... lmao

edit: I went to link to a situation involving 2 warnings for homophobic slurs which I did not agree with. [Im not homophobic but a south park addict.] I had posted about them in the site issues thread, and its gone, shocker.

Not only me, there is a thread where ass-p gets completely mobbed , for faking being homeless.. by idiots with no evidence - and for hesitating to move across the country to live with some smug b***h who had already talked of coming at him with a shotgun.

Last edited by The_Znof on 30 Nov 2021, 5:48 am, edited 4 times in total.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2021, 5:42 am

MaxE wrote:
This is intended as a safe space for folks to vent their rage at China and its Communist Party.

BTW if you believe there should be an apostrophe in the title, you haven't done your research!

no apostrphe can redeem this disgrace of a thread