Page 1 of 7 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 8:24 am

This is intended as a safe space for folks to vent their rage at China and its Communist Party.

BTW if you believe there should be an apostrophe in the title, you haven't done your research!

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 9:51 am

Tibet
Panchen Lama
Coronavirus
Tiananmen square
Uyghur Muslims
Munching on endangered animals
Real Bodies art exhibit made with Chinese prisoners that died

Redpaws
Toucan
Toucan

11 Sep 2021, 10:41 am

Two minutes ain't nearly enough time!

The world's single biggest polluter, and they're not planning on changing that at all, on the contrary, they will put up even more coal power plants

Using endangered species for "traditional medicine", like for example rhino horns which consists of the same stuff as our finger nails, against fever, impotence and nose bleeding

Eating endangered species and speculating on them becoming rarer and thus more profitable

cruelty to animals

The corona virus and every single death it has caused is a direct result of China, whether it escaped a lab or was the result of the cruel wet markets. If the latter, then it's the second time China's wet markets have caused a deadly virus, as that is how SARS started as well
and let's not forget all the lying about it and refusing to cooperate with WHO, and their refusal to share info with WHo about the lab etc

and let's not forget all the other pandemics that started in China as well, from the Black Death to influenza pandemics in the last century, and now the current corona pandemic

No terror, no war. No sympathy for terrorists or their supporters and sympathizers

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 1:44 pm

I dont necessarily hate China itself, in fact there's lot of things about the country's history and culture itself that I admire.

But the Chinese Communist Party itself is evil.

You can read a lot about everything from the Tiananmen Square massacre to the Internet Censorship to other atrocities committed by the CCP here.

https://www.chinasucks.net/

♤ The Military

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 3:35 pm

China has beautiful silks, art, an amazing diverse landscape, and rich culture.In other circumstances it would be a cool place to visit.
My daughter had a layover there and she said it was weird.The Chinese police grabbed her driver that was taking her to the hotel and drug him off and just left her and her luggage sitting there.Then she said there were only drunk men and prostitutes on the street.She said it was the creepiest layover ever and she never wants to go back.She’s been all over the globe so if it bothered her , it must have been bad.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 7:32 pm

Misslizard wrote:
China has beautiful silks, art, an amazing diverse landscape, and rich culture.In other circumstances it would be a cool place to visit.
My daughter had a layover there and she said it was weird.The Chinese police grabbed her driver that was taking her to the hotel and drug him off and just left her and her luggage sitting there.Then she said there were only drunk men and prostitutes on the street.She said it was the creepiest layover ever and she never wants to go back.She’s been all over the globe so if it bothered her , it must have been bad.

It's just like Germany, Russia, Italy, and the UK. A lot of beautiful things came out of the cultures of those countries too, but also some very terrible things were introduced to the world by these countries like Nazism, Fascism, Communism, and Colonialism.

♤ The Military

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 7:45 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

It's just like Germany, Russia, Italy, and the UK. A lot of beautiful things came out of the cultures of those countries too, but also some very terrible things were introduced to the world by these countries like Nazism, Fascism, Communism, and Colonialism.

yes, all of that is true. The US gave us Twin Peaks but is also an agressive empire, and thanks to the republican party and their climate change denial basically sealed the fate of mankind in the 21st century...

why exactly are we hating the CCP right now? Also, why in an Orwellian fashion, as in, why are we obliged to hate the CCP for two minutes a day? what dystopian dictatorship is forcing us?

edit: almost forgot to actually hate China. Their shutting out foreigners makes me angry. I want to visit a friend who lives in Shanghai, but they made it ridiculously complicated to just get around as a tourist - it was okay, 5 years ago when I was there, and I feel personally hurt that I can't see China's landscapes and architecture again, any time soon.

Last edited by shlaifu on 11 Sep 2021, 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 7:59 pm

shlaifu wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

yes, all of that is true. The US gave us Twin Peaks but is also an agressive empire, and thanks to the republican party and their climate change denial basically sealed the fate of mankind in the 21st century...

why exactly are we hating the CCP right now? Also, why in an Orwellian fashion, as in, why are we obliged to hate the CCP for two minutes a day? what dystopian dictatorship is forcing us?

Because the CCP and the US are about to enter into what seems like a second Cold War.

And for the record China contributes just as much to climate change as we do if not more.

♤ The Military

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 8:05 pm

What's very interesting (to me at least) is how the Fallout video games were almost prophetic in saying that there would some day be a Sino-American war over Earth's last resources in which an increasingly authoritarian America would rage war against Communist China and both sides would be committing intense war crimes while violating human rights from every corner before destroying the entire world.

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Sino-American_War

Of course this was set in a fictional alternative timeline where the US never evolved past the Cold War mindset of the McCarthy Era. But I remember someone once described Trumpism as "Mccarthyism on Steroids"

♤ The Military

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 8:20 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
shlaifu wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Because the CCP and the US are about to enter into what seems like a second Cold War.

And for the record China contributes just as much to climate change as we do if not more.

sure. they are also 4 times as many people, and are installing solar panels like crazy. They're not denying climate change outright.

well, let's hope then the US doesn't threaten to blow up the whole world again after placing nuclear warheads on the border of tge USSR - and them returning the favour. For tge record: Khrushchev pulled back publicly, but the US did not.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2021, 8:27 pm

shlaifu wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
shlaifu wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

sure. they are also 4 times as many people, and are installing solar panels like crazy. They're not denying climate change outright.

well, let's hope then the US doesn't threaten to blow up the whole world again after placing nuclear warheads on the border of tge USSR - and them returning the favour. For tge record: Khrushchev pulled back publicly, but the US did not.

♤ The Military

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 12:15 pm

I haven't read "The Art of War," but I get it's basic premise. While their work is far from complete, China is well on it's way to taking Canada without firing a shot. They have a lot of wealthy people here calling shots and shaping politics at every level - municipal/city/Provincial/Federal.. heck, even student councils on college campuses. They're buying up all kinds of property, residential, commercial, industrial, natural resources etc. They import their own people to build and operate projects, claiming language barriers and expertise mean Canadians can't work for them. etc. The same story is playing out in many countries.

I think we're at very high risk for China controlling Canada completely within another generation or two. It won't be so bad if they're good at it, I suppose.. but if they're here to plunder resource and ship them all back to China vs. to protect Canada in it's most natural state possible as humanity's "life raft on Earth," - a place to survive climate change thanks to fresh water and other resources, well then.. not only is Canada screwed, but so is our species. All we can do now is hope that they're good rulers and work with the latest knowledge of the environment and ecological sciences vs. the ages old typical model of colonialism and resource plundering. In an ideal world they'd be here to save us from ourselves.. but, being more realistic, they're here to take control for China's benefit - however they see fit. Hopefully they have the foresight to play the very long game and choose the most sustainable path.

Alternatively, the Chinese ultra wealthy class will come to own everything here and Canadians will become like the nameless faceless worker-bee class of people in China not even considered by the ruling class elites to be human. We'll live in cages like people in Hong Kong, and be made to do whatever dangerous work is required to harvest resources and ship them back to China to utilize in their global domination efforts.

OR, maybe none of that will happen exactly like that and they'll just keep buying and owning things while we do the work and they reap the profits. Only time will tell.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 12:39 pm

They’ve been eyeing American farmland also.
https://www.senate.mo.gov/senator-doug- ... -farmland/

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 12:46 pm

Misslizard wrote:
They’ve been eyeing American farmland also.
https://www.senate.mo.gov/senator-doug- ... -farmland/

They've also been eyeing video game companies in America and Europe.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/07/28/chi ... world.html

♤ The Military

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 1:38 pm

MaxE wrote:
This is intended as a safe space for folks to vent their rage at China and its Communist Party.

BTW if you believe there should be an apostrophe in the title, you haven't done your research!

Maybe you should stop believing NeoCon warmongering hate propaganda and start looking closer to home for some issues that need dealing with.

Like the millions dead from the US wars of choice over the decades, Madeleine Albright claiming a million iraqi dead kids are a price worth paying for continued sanctions on that country in the 90`s.

The lying over WMD that led to a war leaving millions of dead civilians. Against a dictator they sold chemical weapons to so they could use against the Kurds.

Depleted uranium & agent Orange shells that continue to poison the local population.

None of the 36 countries listed since WW2 ever threatend or attempted to invade the US, so technically practically all are war crimes as far as UN law is concerned.

Now they go boohoo over China on fox news because they have overtaken them economically (purchasing power parity) and will soon overtake in the fake GDP figure that includes currency value and other fake subjectives like property prices, medical bills, insurance and financial instruments like futures, debt & shareprices that unlike China makes up a huge part of the US ecconomic number.

On real tangibles China is probably already 1.5 - 2 as big as the US now.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/ ... ii-172786/

- George Bernie Shaw

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 2:01 pm

Ah yes. Here comes the "You're now allowed to criticize China on anything because only America deserves it!" police. :roll:

♤ The Military