Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 3:28 am

For the first couple of hours after getting up I squint a lot to try and cope with the glare. It's very hard to focus on my laptop screen. I'm wondering whether anyone else on WP experiences the same thing.

Deep Heat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Sep 2021, 6:39 am

You could try wearing sunglasses for the first hour or two if you have a pair laying around or try a cheap pair of anti glare tinted glasses like this cheap pair on amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rnow-Computer- ... B01NATMJ9H

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 8:13 am

^Excellent. Thank you very much.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 8:18 am

In my case, it's just screens in general.

Usually I turn down the screen light setting to dim and warm, or do not use and look at any screens for a while.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 8:24 am

^Good advice.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 8:28 am

Might be a stupid suggestion but if you haven't already have you tried turning the brightness down all the way? A lot of laptop screens can get very dim if you do so.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 8:29 am

Do you use a dark screen extension?

My WP looks like this, and it helps a lot:

I also keep the brightness setting very low. Right now I'm on the third dot.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 9:35 am

Unless you are using your laptop in the dark, glare probably means your pupils are too dilated. First of all I would check how my pupils react to light when I have this glare and when I don't anymore.

If that's the case, It could be caused my some medications, low blood glucose, dehydration, poor sleep quality, high blood pressure etc. I would start with measuring my pulse, blood pressure and blood sugar if you have something to do so. Drinking more water if you feel like you don't drink enough might be a good start too.

Adjusting brightness and stuff would only address the symptom, but there is some actual issue you should deal with.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 10:00 am

Nades wrote:
Might be a stupid suggestion but if you haven't already have you tried turning the brightness down all the way? A lot of laptop screens can get very dim if you do so.

It's a fine suggestion.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 10:02 am

^^ I don't use a dark extension.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 10:12 am

badRobot wrote:
Unless you are using your laptop in the dark, glare probably means your pupils are too dilated. First of all I would check how my pupils react to light when I have this glare and when I don't anymore.

If that's the case, It could be caused my some medications, low blood glucose, dehydration, poor sleep quality, high blood pressure etc. I would start with measuring my pulse, blood pressure and blood sugar if you have something to do so. Drinking more water if you feel like you don't drink enough might be a good start too.

Adjusting brightness and stuff would only address the symptom, but there is some actual issue you should deal with.

The one that stands out is dehydration I'm very prone to that. Usually involves headache, nausea and being dry mouthed.I'm sure it's interoception related. Pulse tends to be on the fast side. BP- vast majority of time in 120-130/80-85 range. Sleep quality-sleep issues since before toddler age. Prone to sleep onset insomnia

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 11:39 am

I also am dealing with sensitivity to light and dehydration (dry mouth, lips, eyes). I put the lighting to the minimum and often use "dark" mode for many apps or websites that I use. I once tried putting a kind of semi-transparent binder divider, in between the monitor and frame, to get the monitor to show a bit darker. It worked a bit but it was not fitting right.