Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 12:00 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Humans are disgusting beasts. Is this all for real?
Not if it was reported on only Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or other unreliable source of rumors.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 12:38 pm

Sign here
https://www.change.org/p/tell-us-fda-an ... tm_term=cs

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 9:13 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
It should NEVER be allowed. They are probably the most beautiful and sweet natured dogs on earth. Humanity is like a virus always encroaching on the turf of other creatures.

Humanity is an evolutionary mistake, pure and simple.
I never had any intention of adding to the obscenity through breeding. 8)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 9:19 pm

Most of humanity doesn’t perform these sorts of experiments.

There are good people and bad people.

We are not an “evolutionary mistake”

We’re probably too big for our britches.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 14 Sep 2021, 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 9:20 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Is this the first time people are learning about the role of animal experimentation and vivisection in medical research? :scratch:

I wasn't today years old when I learned this was standard operating procedure in that field so I don't know why this specific instance triggers outrage when not too many folks seem to care unless they can whine about Fauci.

As I said, I don't like fauci.
Saying I am "whining" is demeaning and against WP policy.
I suggest you refrain. 8)

Quote:
1. Posting offensive language, comments, video, or images.
Unacceptable content includes swearing; racist, sexist, homophobic language; behavior intended to provoke or belittle other members;

Quote:
What does whiny mean?

Whiny is an adjective describing someone who is complaining in an annoying way, especially in a high-pitched tone of voice.

To whine is to moan or make a high-pitched cry, or to say something in such a way. It also means to complain, especially by talking in such a way. Whiny is always used negatively to criticize such behavior. It can be used to describe a person or their words or actions.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 9:23 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Most of humanity doesn’t perform these sorts of experiments.

There are good people and bad people.

We are not an “evolutionary mistake”

Please provide a rational argument for saying this. 8)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 9:28 pm

Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Is this the first time people are learning about the role of animal experimentation and vivisection in medical research? :scratch:

I wasn't today years old when I learned this was standard operating procedure in that field so I don't know why this specific instance triggers outrage when not too many folks seem to care unless they can whine about Fauci.

Quote:
Unacceptable content includes swearing; racist, sexist, homophobic language; behavior intended to provoke or belittle other members;

Quote:
What does whiny mean?

Whiny is an adjective describing someone who is complaining in an annoying way, especially in a high-pitched tone of voice.

To whine is to moan or make a high-pitched cry, or to say something in such a way. It also means to complain, especially by talking in such a way. Whiny is always used negatively to criticize such behavior. It can be used to describe a person or their words or actions.

So are you conceding that you're only complaining about this industry standard practice because you've found a way to connect Fauci to it?

You've never brought up animal testing or vivisection before. It's certainly valid topic to discuss if one is consistent in their rejection of it, but I went to a school named after a guy who won a Nobel prize for testing on beagles. Folks with diabetes (at least Type 1) owe him their lives though.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 9:38 pm

Fnord wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Humans are disgusting beasts. Is this all for real?
Not if it was reported on only Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or other unreliable source of rumors.

Your reasoning is flawed.
Biased sources *can* be accurate.
To suggest say that, just because a source has been unreliable in the past, it can't iterate the Truth at any time, is logically invalid, assuming the reference hasn't the specific purpose of being misleading/farcical/satirical.

If, however, you use the criterion of credibility and probabilities/possibilities, then some resources have greater or lesser worth/reliability.

In essence, an investigation is required to determine the Truth, hence my keeping an open mind if I haven't done "due diligence". 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 9:51 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
What does whiny mean?

So are you conceding that you're only complaining about this industry standard practice because you've found a way to connect Fauci to it?

You've never brought up animal testing or vivisection before. It's certainly valid topic to discuss if one is consistent in their rejection of it, but I went to a school named after a guy who won a Nobel prize for testing on beagles. Folks with diabetes (at least Type 1) owe him their lives though.

I am saying the subject matter is too painful for me to go out of my way to investigate, hence my passing on Miss Lizard's link.

I think humanity is disgusting filth because of the way it treats other animals, and itself.
I am not interested in discussing animal experimentation.
You will have to civilly/respectfully do that with someone else. 8)

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 11:19 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
What does whiny mean?

The name of the school should be changed to Beagle elementary or whatever grade in memory of the dogs that died.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 12:05 am

Misslizard wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Pepe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
What does whiny mean?

The name of the school should be changed to Beagle elementary or whatever grade in memory of the dogs that died.

The dogs didn't figure out the role insulin plays though.
Maybe they could name it after Sir Banting (and all the dogs he killed for science)? :nerdy:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 11:36 am

I’m only halfway serious but the beagles did die ,so they get the school name and they can also be the mascot.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 5:19 am

Quote:
Dr Anthony Fauci was “up to his neck” funding coronavirus research in Wuhan, which “just shows how incredibly stupid” he is, says Sky News host Sharri Markson.

Ms Markson has been investigating Anthony Fauci’s involvement in funding the Wuhan Institute of Virology and discovered his agency “had funded 60 projects at the Wuhan laboratory”.

“Then he wrote a paper where he said gain of function research was worth the risk of a pandemic, and that he had even funded coronavirus research in conjunction with the Chinese military,” Ms Markson said.

Mr Fauci, who has been the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since 1984, apparently stayed silent during Oval Office meetings at the start of the pandemic about the “risky research that was underway at the Wuhan Institute of Virology”.

“He never mentioned that his agency was funding this, and he actually knew a whole lot about it.”

Sharri Markson explores this in a documentary premiering on Monday night, ‘What Really Happened in Wuhan’, including exclusive interviews with former US President Donald Trump and Mike Pompeo.