Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 4:37 pm

This happened to me over the last two weeks, with most of the action being near the end, so this will serve as a vague introductory post.

On thursday the 9th of sept, I had a meltdown at work, when the person signing my time card was making it obvious they didn't trust me, or even see me as a human being.

I was suprised they kept me on after this very loud meltdown, and thought I must have an understanding boss.

Since where I work is sort of a shelter, and I live in other inferior shelters with no lockers, I was leaving some things in the room behind our front desk rather than carry everything all the time.

On friday, it was my day off, and I was hanging around the desk.

my boss seemed ready to start fast tracking me to one of their buildings. This was exciting.

She tells me to go to the bc housing office 2 blocks away.

I did and it was closed.

I went back trying to tell them it was closed, but they kept insisting I must have gone to the wrong place, to try again.

I tried 2 or three times by myself, with protests all the way, before they gave in with my request to show them it was indeed closed.

The guy they sent with me gave a fake sounding 'sorry' when he saw it was closed, and then walked off the job for 15 or so mins.

So if they gaslight co-workers, imagine how much s**t the guests take!

Even after it became blatant they were narcs doing the abuse thing, I wanted to stick out the job a bit longer.

That ended this morning, which was the last day of my 3 day weekend. My shirt was dirty AF, and I had a bag with clean shirts stashed under a chair in the lobby.

I had just moved everything to the lobby from the staff room, as some were making it clear they were not comfortable with me back there when not on shift.

But before I can see if my shirts are still there, I am told I am not allowed behind the front desk at all when not on shift. I had made no attempt to go back there and didnt intend to anymore anyway.

I forgot all about my shirt and just walked out, probably for good - as an employee, anyway.

Oh, perhaps this post could serve as a call for help, as there are so many relative details, leaving me incoherent..

I dont think it is a police thing, but im curious what would happen if I tried that route.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 6:30 am

The_Znof wrote:
This happened to me over the last two weeks, with most of the action being near the end, so this will serve as a vague introductory post.

On thursday the 9th of sept, I had a meltdown at work, when the person signing my time card was making it obvious they didn't trust me, or even see me as a human being.

I was suprised they kept me on after this very loud meltdown, and thought I must have an understanding boss.

Since where I work is sort of a shelter, and I live in other inferior shelters with no lockers, I was leaving some things in the room behind our front desk rather than carry everything all the time.

On friday, it was my day off, and I was hanging around the desk.

my boss seemed ready to start fast tracking me to one of their buildings. This was exciting.

She tells me to go to the bc housing office 2 blocks away.

I did and it was closed.

I went back trying to tell them it was closed, but they kept insisting I must have gone to the wrong place, to try again.

I tried 2 or three times by myself, with protests all the way, before they gave in with my request to show them it was indeed closed.

The guy they sent with me gave a fake sounding 'sorry' when he saw it was closed, and then walked off the job for 15 or so mins.

So if they gaslight co-workers, imagine how much s**t the guests take!

Even after it became blatant they were narcs doing the abuse thing, I wanted to stick out the job a bit longer.

That ended this morning, which was the last day of my 3 day weekend. My shirt was dirty AF, and I had a bag with clean shirts stashed under a chair in the lobby.

I had just moved everything to the lobby from the staff room, as some were making it clear they were not comfortable with me back there when not on shift.

But before I can see if my shirts are still there, I am told I am not allowed behind the front desk at all when not on shift. I had made no attempt to go back there and didnt intend to anymore anyway.

I forgot all about my shirt and just walked out, probably for good - as an employee, anyway.

Oh, perhaps this post could serve as a call for help, as there are so many relative details, leaving me incoherent..

I dont think it is a police thing, but im curious what would happen if I tried that route.

Depends what your goal is do you just want entry to get your stuff back or your old job back.

If it’s just your stuff they need to give that back or it could be a theft issue.

If it’s your job just speak to your boss explaining things, I’m sure he is aware of your situation and if he’s reasonable will let it go.

Every workplace has its own culture, some are very formal and snooty like a private bank or professional body where they will not expect or tolerate people loosing their ****

I imagine that’s an multiple everyday event in a homeless shelter even with staff so your boss will more likely brush it off to give you a 2nd chance if you write him a letter maybe?

Hope that helps.

- George Bernie Shaw

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 2:07 pm

The details on this one really get in the way, what I posted is just a slice of the crap I went through.

Carlos is a pretty good reader, but seems to have missed the part where they were gaslighting me into meltowns.

Well I only had one, loud and exensive, but they really seemed eager to trigger the next one, esp my supervisor.

I thought one funny thing I could do is perjure myself and say I could be a danger to others - that they should have laid me off after I freaked out, [its all on camera] but Id probably end up in a straightjacked and pumped full of seroquel.

Now I'm getting better ideas on how to deal with the nonsense down here, dont have to say a thing about what happened at this job.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 2:39 pm

Quote:
Carlos is a pretty good reader, but seems to have missed the part where they were gaslighting me into meltowns.

Well it sounds like your being bullied including them blowing off steam at your expense with their games to wind you up.

If you worked for a big organisation I would say, check your HR policy on reporting bullying.

If you work for a small shelter not so easy, who do you report to if its your boss doing the bullying?

Maybe speak or email his boss, but how will he react? Will he take the side of the others because it’s easier or worse he doesnt like you and a bit of a sadistic bully himself? if so will that just encourage the bullies even more if they think they will get away with it?

Plenty of unfair dismissal stories where that has happened, where a bullying culture gets out of control

Been there before few times & either got fired or luckily got another job

Most bosses just want an easier life at work running things & usually if others behaviour causes them problems they may tell them to cut it out for the good of smooth running

Tricky situation with no good answers

- George Bernie Shaw

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 3:05 pm

Yeah, it is a large shelter, and one of many for the outfit who runs them, but I don't think going over my boss for help is likely to go anywhere, even if the outfit is not corrupt at the top.

Im not sure if it is or not, but I used to visit a guy at another one of their buildings, and that place seemed a lot more polite to the guests, so maybe they are not all bad.

There seems to be a pattern here, homeless people with more serious behavioral issues are put in hotel rooms which they destroy, and quiet guys stay on mats in a warehouse.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2023, 2:39 pm

Whats really funny here is that once or twice in the two years since I posted this thread I have searched for it and failed due to the typo in my title, and falsely thought I was being shadowbanned.

this time seems different though - or am I missing something?

Not going to get hung up on it though, way more concrete stuff to mention here than my brain farts or seo issues.

INVESTIGATE ATIRA, esp the displaced former CEO

to be continued.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2023, 11:18 pm

The term "hoser", long used by Canadians, is a comedic label given to someone that gained popularity and notoriety from the comedic skits by Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas (playing the characters of Bob and Doug McKenzie) in SCTV's "The Great White North" segments.[2] The characters also used the verb 'to hose' as a synonym for 'to swindle'.[3]

https://district6.news/2023/09/13/janic ... iolations/