Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2021, 10:52 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
So basically, the demand for homes there is all about wanting to be around artsy hipsters?

Not every single "artsy" person living in Portland is a hipster.

True, but is the huge demand for these places because of those people?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2021, 7:39 pm

In a recent interview, the current mayor of Portland has stated no intentions to resign.

https://www.koin.com/local/multnomah-county/portland-mayor-ted-wheeler-i-love-this-job/

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2021, 3:07 pm

Fnord wrote:
Small towns are the best, in my opinion, because people in those places tend make their own fun.

Interesting.

Small marginalized subcultures are similar to small towns in that regard -- they too tend to make their own fun. However, most small marginalized subcultures exist (in physical form, at least) only in large cities.

I've never been able to fit in with the social mainstream. My social life has always revolved around small oddball subcultures, which is one of the reasons why I've always needed to live in a large city.