Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 1:05 am

I'm thinking of someday designing my own tarot deck based on things that have spiritual significance to me.

It'll take a lot of planning and brushing up on my artistic skills, but if I can design my own custom deck someday I think that would be the coolest thing in the world. 8)

Here are a few of my ideas for cards in the Major Arcana so far.

The Tower: The World Trade Center during 9/11 with airplanes crashing and smoke pouring out.

Death: A doctor in a biohazard suit wheeling out Covid patients in body bags.

The Emperess: Hillary Clinton 

The Emperor: Donald Trump

The Sun: The Christian Cross in a field of corn with a warm rising sun illuminating from behind the cross.

The Moon: The Crescent Moon and Star symbol of Islam over a dark wavey beach covered in sea shells.

The Star: The Glowing Star of David of Judaism in a night sky shining over an old woman in a bonnet tending to.a garden of thorny roses.

The World and Wheel of Fortune: Both drawn with the American Eagle, Chinese Dragon, Russian Bear, and British Lion in place of the Tetramorph (Man, Lion, Bull, and Eagle). Also the Wheel of Fortune would be drawn with a game show wheel.

The Chariot: The Lincoln Memorial in a Horse Carriage being pulled by an elephant on the right and a donkey on the left, and an American Eagle soaring above the statue.

The High Priestess: Lady Columbia sitting with an American Flag tapestry behind her and a crown of 13 stars in her head plus a red column with the big letter R and a blue column with the big letter D with her throne sitting I between.

The Devil: A demonic figure sitting on a throne with a blue Union soldier and grey Confederate soldier wearing chains and collars around their necks as they attack each other with rifles.

That's all I can think of for now. I may post more of my ideas later. What do you guys think? 8)

♤ The Military

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 1:48 am

Those sound kind of cool to me. I don't really believe in like astrology and such but I have always enjoyed looking at the images on tarot cards, some of them look really cool.

And the things you describe seem like they could look cool if they had a good artistic style. That said also on the topic I did figure my boyfriends sighn and just for fun looked up how me and his sign match up and some of what I read sounded kind of on point, but idk it also seems vauge enough anyonne could see themselves and other people based on that even so though it was interesting that some of what I read on that made sense with me and my boyfriends relationship....but we are full atheists' who are satanists, and don't really believe in magical things like that. It for sure is not out of wanting though, like for sure we wish we could both be wizards and just use magic to solve our problems, but we know it is just a silly fantasy.

But even so I still find the artwork on tarot cards to be nice to look at, and I feel your ideas of what you would put on them sounds cool. Like if you get that deck going I'd for sure want to see it, even if I don't really believe that they work..

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 7:22 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Those sound kind of cool to me. I don't really believe in like astrology and such but I have always enjoyed looking at the images on tarot cards, some of them look really cool.

And the things you describe seem like they could look cool if they had a good artistic style. That said also on the topic I did figure my boyfriends sighn and just for fun looked up how me and his sign match up and some of what I read sounded kind of on point, but idk it also seems vauge enough anyonne could see themselves and other people based on that even so though it was interesting that some of what I read on that made sense with me and my boyfriends relationship....but we are full atheists' who are satanists, and don't really believe in magical things like that. It for sure is not out of wanting though, like for sure we wish we could both be wizards and just use magic to solve our problems, but we know it is just a silly fantasy.

But even so I still find the artwork on tarot cards to be nice to look at, and I feel your ideas of what you would put on them sounds cool. Like if you get that deck going I'd for sure want to see it, even if I don't really believe that they work..

I'm glad you think some of my ideas are cool SweetLeaf. :)

♤ The Military