Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 2:02 am

Like freaking hell I saw somthing on reddit of Lego changing their brick material from plastic, it is possible they will use hemp plastic. But someone litterally commented that they figured if lego did that it would be to indoctrinate children to smoke pot. Like I cracked up laughing like this person literally thinks lego is just getting in with weed companies so they can encourage children to smoke pot...like what? You think lego is going through all the effort to find ways to make their product without oil based plastic all just to encourage kids to smoke pot?...Like where do people like this get such crazy ideas? I think Legos goal is just to be more environmentally friendly. just some people will find a way to complain about anything.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 2:50 am

Ya mean....you will soon be able to put a Lego brick into your pipe, and....SMOKE it?????

Awesome! :lol:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 3:34 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Ya mean....you will soon be able to put a Lego brick into your pipe, and....SMOKE it?????

Awesome! :lol:

Well I would not recommend that, at best it would be like smoking a pile of stems and that is no good.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 3:46 am

Hemp is an incredible plant that has many uses and is much better environmentally than many of the crops we grow now.

Successive government messaging and media however have done such a good job in frightening people about the danger of cannabis that people see 'hemp' and read 'drug' - even though hemp only contains a trace amount of THC and would never get you high.

But when you actively develop nations full of scared, ignorant people then I guess you end up with people who are scared and ignorant.

In the UK growing hemp requires a license which is hard to get and short-lived when you do get it. It's a shame.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 4:48 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Like freaking hell I saw somthing on reddit of Lego changing their brick material from plastic, it is possible they will use hemp plastic. But someone litterally commented that they figured if lego did that it would be to indoctrinate children to smoke pot. Like I cracked up laughing like this person literally thinks lego is just getting in with weed companies so they can encourage children to smoke pot...like what? You think lego is going through all the effort to find ways to make their product without oil based plastic all just to encourage kids to smoke pot?...Like where do people like this get such crazy ideas? I think Legos goal is just to be more environmentally friendly. just some people will find a way to complain about anything.

People who are spaced out on pot buy more Lego products, obviously. [facetious] :mrgreen:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 5:30 am

Sweetleaf wrote:

Given the real reasons for the War on Drugs, this doesn’t surprise me.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Udinaas
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 11:01 am

Does making them out of oil encourage children to drink gasoline? :?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 11:23 am

DuckHairback wrote:
Hemp is an incredible plant that has many uses and is much better environmentally than many of the crops we grow now.  Successive government messaging and media however have done such a good job in frightening people about the danger of cannabis that people see 'hemp' and read 'drug' ...
The "War On Hemp" started with William Randolph Hearst, the newspaper mogul who invested heavily into the timber, pulpwood, and paper-making industries.  He was so afraid that paper made from hemp would "unfairly" compete with his own paper made from wood pulp that he used his wealth, influence, and "Reefer Madness" propaganda to coerce Congress into making ALL hemp plants and products illegal.

America has still to fully recover from his efforts.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 11:51 am

Udinaas wrote:
Does making them out of oil encourage children to drink gasoline? :?

Obviously. 8)

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 11:52 am

Du Pont was a major player in the criminalisation of hemp, also.

Prohibition has been such an effective tool at creating a better society, hasn't it?

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 12:12 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Du Pont was a major player in the criminalisation of hemp, also.  Prohibition has been such an effective tool at creating a better society, hasn't it?
The criminalization of hemp was a purely economic move by people who profited from the timber industry.

Prohibition was driven by religious groups who considered alcohol (and subsequent drunkenness) a moral threat to the nation, with little or no economic consideration involved.

The outcome of both was to make criminals out of those who just wanted to relieve their anxiety and pain.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 12:24 pm

Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Du Pont was a major player in the criminalisation of hemp, also.  Prohibition has been such an effective tool at creating a better society, hasn't it?
The criminalization of hemp was a purely economic move by people who profited from the timber industry.

Prohibition was driven by religious groups who considered alcohol (and subsequent drunkenness) a moral threat to the nation, with little or no economic consideration involved.

The outcome of both was to make criminals out of those who just wanted to relieve their anxiety and pain.

I think the prohibition of alcohol is somewhat based on economics. The government wasn't likely to ever pass it, because they would have lost too much revenue collected from alcohol sales. Once they passed the income tax bill, it cleared the way.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 12:54 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Du Pont was a major player in the criminalization of hemp, also.  Prohibition has been such an effective tool at creating a better society, hasn't it?
The criminalization of hemp was a purely economic move by people who profited from the timber industry.  Prohibition was driven by religious groups who considered alcohol (and subsequent drunkenness) a moral threat to the nation, with little or no economic consideration involved.  The outcome of both was to make criminals out of those who just wanted to relieve their anxiety and pain.
I think the prohibition of alcohol is somewhat based on economics. The government wasn't likely to ever pass it, because they would have lost too much revenue collected from alcohol sales. Once they passed the income tax bill, it cleared the way.
Good point; but I think economics played a more important role in the repeal of Prohibition due to lost tax revenue from alcohol sales.

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 1:07 pm

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 1:45 pm

Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Du Pont was a major player in the criminalization of hemp, also.  Prohibition has been such an effective tool at creating a better society, hasn't it?
The criminalization of hemp was a purely economic move by people who profited from the timber industry.  Prohibition was driven by religious groups who considered alcohol (and subsequent drunkenness) a moral threat to the nation, with little or no economic consideration involved.  The outcome of both was to make criminals out of those who just wanted to relieve their anxiety and pain.
Good point; but I think economics played a more important role in the repeal of Prohibition due to lost tax revenue from alcohol sales.

That and the fact they realized that because the Volstad Act was not popular with a majority of Americans, it was not sustainable. Also, the power the organized crime syndicate achieved was only going to increase. But by the early 1930s, it was already too late. It would be another five decades before their power would be substantially diminished.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 2:05 pm

Fnord wrote:
DuckHairback wrote:
Hemp is an incredible plant that has many uses and is much better environmentally than many of the crops we grow now.  Successive government messaging and media however have done such a good job in frightening people about the danger of cannabis that people see 'hemp' and read 'drug' ...
The "War On Hemp" started with William Randolph Hearst, the newspaper mogul who invested heavily into the timber, pulpwood, and paper-making industries.  He was so afraid that paper made from hemp would "unfairly" compete with his own paper made from wood pulp that he used his wealth, influence, and "Reefer Madness" propaganda to coerce Congress into making ALL hemp plants and products illegal.

America has still to fully recover from his efforts.

I thought it had to do with disenfranchising blacks.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!