Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Velorum
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2021, 1:04 am

I have always felt odd about my body, kind of like it was an alien thing and not under my control. As I got to my 50's I thought more and more about a tattoo, not as something for others but as something for myself. Something that I could imprint on this body that personalised it to me.

Illogical I know.

Initially I had a small design done on my upper arm. I liked it so much that I then had this extended to go down to my forearm and over my shoulder. Fortunately I have a high pain threshold so it wasnt a problem from that perspective. I actually quite enjoyed it.

Once done, I felt complete and I have never felt compelled to have another.

I like to see them on others including females. For the same reason I guess, its as thought they have claimed and made something their own that they were randomly issued with.

Non-binary member of the LGBTQ+ community

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2021, 3:01 am

They are addictive, once you get one you'll definitely want another, though the price can be hard to justify. I'm a bit weird in that I don't like integrated sleeves but prefer individual pieces with meanings, though some sleeves definitely look pretty cool. My first was a tiny Japanese vegetable knife behind my left ear, I always forget I have it until I'm getting my hair cut and the barber asks me if I'm a chef, always takes a second to register how they knew.