13 Sep 2021, 3:51 am

A lot don't.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 4:15 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
Why do men love tattoos so much?

Nowadays...why do you even ask that question?

The question to ask now is...why do so many young LADIES get tattoos?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 4:56 am

Kitty4670 wrote:

So many women wear them too, these days.

I used to have a major problem with Tattoos on women.
Why would people graffiti a beautiful biological work of art?
Who would tag the Mona Lisa? 8O

These days I have gotten used to it.
Some are done well.

Tattoos used to be a sign of a rebel.
These days it is getting close to being the norm. 8)

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 3:57 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:

Since no-one has answered, a girl with a lot of tattoos generally gives off "bad girl" vibes. Men are just as attracted to that as the perceived "bad boy" vibe for women.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 4:13 pm

Tattoos are very common; even people who are not "bad" in the least wear them.

I will never get a tattoo, though.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 4:31 pm

MXH wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

Since no-one has answered, a girl with a lot of tattoos generally gives off "bad girl" vibes. Men are just as attracted to that as the perceived "bad boy" vibe for women.

I believe that she was asking "why men like tattoos ...on THEMSELVES".

Not "why do men find women with tattoos attractive".

Who says that men DO find that attractive on women?

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 5:15 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
MXH wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

it is the love and dating subforum, so its fair to think that a woman asking such a thing would be asking towards a mens view of women with tattoos.

Also, me and my plenty of male friends that find women with tattoos instantly more attractive say so.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 6:09 pm

MXH wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
MXH wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

it is the love and dating subforum, so its fair to think that a woman asking such a thing would be asking towards a mens view of women with tattoos.

Also, me and my plenty of male friends that find women with tattoos instantly more attractive say so.

Well lets wait until the original poster returns, and can state clearly WTF she is talking about.

But you're probably right. Apparently the problem is that we are having a generational break down of communication here.

I am an older old skool person. Grew up in a world in which only a minority of men had tattoos. Suddenly ALL young folks seem to have tats including seemingly all females.

I am similar to Pepe -ambivalent. Against the idea of women with tattoos, but I do admit that individual ladies do look hawt with tattoos (some combination of the artistic way its done plus the girls rebel personality). But Thats some women. Some would be just as attractive without, and some tattoos are disimprovement. Its still not an automatic thing that tattoo equals more hawt.

But maybe guys of the younger generation DO make that equation. I dont know.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 10:19 pm

MXH wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

Not all men, nor skunks.
I *tolerate* Tatts on women.
That wasn't the case, at one time.
It wouldn't be a deal-breaker, however. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 10:20 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Tattoos are very common; even people who are not "bad" in the least wear them.

I will never get a tattoo, though.

I am told that having a tat makes it difficult to be buried in a Jewish cemetery. 8O

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 10:23 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
MXH wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
MXH wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

Well lets wait until the original poster returns, and can state clearly WTF she is talking about.

But you're probably right. Apparently the problem is that we are having a generational break down of communication here.

I am an older old skool person. Grew up in a world in which only a minority of men had tattoos. Suddenly ALL young folks seem to have tats including seemingly all females.

I am similar to Pepe -ambivalent. Against the idea of women with tattoos, but I do admit that individual ladies do look hawt with tattoos (some combination of the artistic way its done plus the girls rebel personality). But Thats some women. Some would be just as attractive without, and some tattoos are disimprovement. Its still not an automatic thing that tattoo equals more hawt.

But maybe guys of the younger generation DO make that equation. I dont know.

What a rational suggestion.
How unusual, here.
I am not entirely comfortable with that. :mrgreen:

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 11:50 pm

I don't think men in general like tattoos. Some will, some won't. Most of the people I have known in my life have had tattoos. They do it for self expression, to set themselves apart, because something (the image they chose) means a lot to them...the reasons vary. That's why they like them, because they do for whatever their individual reason might be. I don't think there's a one size fits all answer for that.

But the thing I've noticed most is that once people get one, they have to get more. It's like opening a bag of chips and only eating one, 99% of the time, it won't happen. :lol: I don't know if I've ever met a person with one tattoo, unless it was their very first, then they always got more later.

If you mean why do men like them on women? I'm speculating, but it might be because the men have tattoos themselves and see women with them as like minded people? Maybe they just think it's hot. I dunno. I never asked anyone why they like them on women, though I have heard men say they liked a tattoo on a woman because of the image of the thing itself... you know that whole, "That's a cool tat" kind of thing.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 1:48 am

FleaOfTheChill wrote:
I don't think men in general like tattoos. Some will, some won't. Most of the people I have known in my life have had tattoos. They do it for self expression, to set themselves apart, because something (the image they chose) means a lot to them...the reasons vary. That's why they like them, because they do for whatever their individual reason might be. I don't think there's a one size fits all answer for that.

I don't have a functioning ego and don't take myself or life too seriously.
I am also not a fashion victim.
Erm, no offence to you bizarre interesting people out there. :mrgreen:

BlueBox
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Sep 2021, 4:22 am

I don't know if they do. I know that I don't like them on men. I think they make men look ugly. It gives me the impression the man is common, uneducated and probably a little dumb ( why else would they be paying to deliberately have their largest organ damaged?)

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2021, 5:50 pm

Nades wrote:
A lot don't.

I'm not into them. On men or women. Maybe I just don't like the bad vibe.

Then again, tattoos are becoming so commonplace that I would no longer associate them exclusively with bad vibe people.

naturalplastic wrote:

I'm not into doodling on myself either.

They're just so common nowadays for both men and women that I see them as a huge cliché.