Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 7:14 pm

Or any sub Saharan African country or anyplace in the Americas south of Texas or some South Pacific island that time forgot or India where covid wave three is making oxygen cylinders a black market item or Afghanistan or Russia (mostly a bizarree third worldly place with a warped view of pretty much everything).

Im happy with the US thanks.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 7:22 pm

Good for you :wtg:

♤ The Military

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 7:32 pm

King0fSpades wrote:

Ok I get it you are autistic, gay, pagan, and in the South so can't be easy but it's not some third world hell hole. Also I happen to know that despite the Christian Fundies paganism is very much alive and well there.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 7:34 pm

I'm also happy to live in the best country.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 7:37 pm

Dox47 wrote:
I'm also happy to live in the best country.

OMG that was awesome.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 7:44 pm

Axeman wrote:
OMG that was awesome.

Ironically, I'm not a huge fan of BRCC, as I see them as cynical marketers capitalizing on political polarization to sell coffee that I don't drink, but I do enjoy some of their videos. :lol:

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 8:08 pm

Axeman wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

Ok I get it you are autistic, gay, pagan, and in the South so can't be easy but it's not some third world hell hole. Also I happen to know that despite the Christian Fundies paganism is very much alive and well there.

Yeah for now. Give it a few more years. :D

♤ The Military

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 8:15 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
Axeman wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

It's a cultural thing there going way back. Folk magick, Voodoo, etc. It's not going to die out.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 8:20 pm

Axeman wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Axeman wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

It's a cultural thing there going way back. Folk magick, Voodoo, etc. It's not going to die out.

I dunno about that, the QAnon thinks everything liberal is related to Satan worship and pedophilia. I dunno about you but I won't be surprised when they start rounding up everyone who practices New Age stuff and puts them to the wall to be shot at. :nerdy:

♤ The Military

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 9:03 pm

Axeman wrote:
Or any sub Saharan African country or anyplace in the Americas south of Texas or some South Pacific island that time forgot or India where covid wave three is making oxygen cylinders a black market item or Afghanistan or Russia (mostly a bizarree third worldly place with a warped view of pretty much everything).

I've been to some of the places you listed (I mean, you listed half the globe...) - there are places where it's perfectly possible to live a nice life, with a bit of luck.
I lived as an expat in India for a bit, and that's really a place I wouldn't want to live permanently - but mainly because seeing the poverty everywhere was unbearable. My job was also stupid, so I quit.
I haven't been to Russia, and a lot of Subsaharan Africa, but there's a bunch of South American places which are great!
For long-term living, I'd probably pick Chile.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 1:41 am

shlaifu wrote:
Axeman wrote:

I've been to some of the places you listed (I mean, you listed half the globe...) - there are places where it's perfectly possible to live a nice life, with a bit of luck.
I lived as an expat in India for a bit, and that's really a place I wouldn't want to live permanently - but mainly because seeing the poverty everywhere was unbearable. My job was also stupid, so I quit.
I haven't been to Russia, and a lot of Subsaharan Africa, but there's a bunch of South American places which are great!
For long-term living, I'd probably pick Chile.

Other unbearable things about India include the heat, the food (it actually tastes WORSE than it smells imo and it smells AWFUL) , and the lack of adequate sanitation. Oh well I'm sure with covid Kali will reap a healthy harvest of heads and hands meaning fewer scammers on my phone. Go Kali go!

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 11:09 am

King0fSpades wrote:
Axeman wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Axeman wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

I dunno about that, the QAnon thinks everything liberal is related to Satan worship and pedophilia. I dunno about you but I won't be surprised when they start rounding up everyone who practices New Age stuff and puts them to the wall to be shot at. :nerdy:

QAnon are like Harold Camping followers. Their sick fantasy didn't pan out so now they can just go home and sulk.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 11:12 am

I'm also glad I don't live in the UK, EU, Australia, or Canada. Don't get me wrong, these are all good places to live. But imo they sacrifice too much individual freedom for the collective good there.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 12:31 pm

I’ll pass on North Korea, Afghanistan and anywhere that is flat, treeless, crowded, infested with mosquitoes,Ebola, lacks modern medicine and clean water, or frigid.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 12:41 pm

I love countries like the UK and Ireland and hope to visit one day, but however I think living there permanently as an American would simply be a downgrade in the geography and climate department (geographic and climatic diversity) which is important to me.