Where do you see America 10 years from now?

Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 8:17 pm

I won't be surprised if our whole system collapses on itself and the Democrats get destroyed while the fascist GQP takes over and puts into power some kind of dictatorship.

And it may or may not be Trump who becomes our next leader. It could be someone younger and more competent at playing politics.

And then a combination of climate change and World War 3 will tear this whole world apart.

:skull:

♤ The Military

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 8:26 pm

Rejoicing over the death by "Old Age / Natural Causes" of King Donald the First.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 8:29 pm

You need to think happier thoughts, man! Happier thoughts!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 8:31 pm

Fnord wrote:
Rejoicing over the death by "Old Age / Natural Causes" of King Donald the First.

You do realize that at this point his death will never be the end of Trumpism, right? His disease is spreading throughout the entire country and it's going to get a lot worst before it ever gets better. IF it gets better.

:|

♤ The Military

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 8:34 pm

Trumpism ... Fascism ... abject stupidity ... whatever.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 8:34 pm

VegetableMan wrote:

I wish I could but I have a friend from a foreign country who told me he doesn't ever want to come to the US anymore because of how crazy things are getting here. Plus I have a hispanic friend who told me he plans to move back to El Salvador someday. People I know are becoming afraid of our country now and that worries me. :(

♤ The Military

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 8:40 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Okay, then FIVE years.

:D

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 8:50 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

I wish I could but I have a friend from a foreign country who told me he doesn't ever want to come to the US anymore because of how crazy things are getting here. Plus I have a hispanic friend who told me he plans to move back to El Salvador someday. People I know are becoming afraid of our country now and that worries me. :(

That's rough, I'm sorry. Tough times we live in.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 8:53 pm

if it's any help, I've been afraid of the US since tge Patriot act was put in place. It was the first time for as young adult to really realize that the 90s are over and history in 21st century will be different. Not 9/11 - wars and atrocities happen all the time - but the change from freedom to national security as the excuse to push through surveillance laws that would have had no chance without fear and propaganda.

But I actially don't think the US is going tear itself up.I think this awful state of hysteria is going to go on, because there really aren't two warring factions at a national level. The majority of Republicans and Democrats are neoliberals with superficial disagreements.
The Trump movement will keepbexisting, and so will the Bernie Sanders movement. But the neoliberal leadership will pretend there's a war and they're the only adults. *Unless* there's a major banking crisis, again. Then all bets are off.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 9:15 pm

shlaifu wrote:
if it's any help, I've been afraid of the US since tge Patriot act was put in place. It was the first time for as young adult to really realize that the 90s are over and history in 21st century will be different. Not 9/11 - wars and atrocities happen all the time - but the change from freedom to national security as the excuse to push through surveillance laws that would have had no chance without fear and propaganda.

But I actially don't think the US is going tear itself up.I think this awful state of hysteria is going to go on, because there really aren't two warring factions at a national level. The majority of Republicans and Democrats are neoliberals with superficial disagreements.
The Trump movement will keepbexisting, and so will the Bernie Sanders movement. But the neoliberal leadership will pretend there's a war and they're the only adults. *Unless* there's a major banking crisis, again. Then all bets are off.

Meh, it's not really very comforting. But maybe you're right about that being the actual situation in our country. :|

♤ The Military

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 10:03 pm

I see more and more of the population succumbing to a violent mental illness as we get more and more politically divided. I expect a rise in murders and lynching motivated by hate, fear, conspiracy theories, radical sociopolitics, and fundamental religious beliefs.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 3:14 am

Ten years from now?

By 2024 Harris will be POTUS, and Biden will have lost so many marbles that he will be in assisted living, and Trump will similarly also be in the assisted living ward of ...a white collar prison. :lol:

By 2030 the two candidates for Potus will be a computer with the uploaded personality of Bernie Sanders running against another computer -one with the uploaded personality of Donald Trump (both actual men will have passed on by then).

The nation will be so polarized by that time that computers with the uploaded personalites of more middle of the road candidates will have been eliminated in the primaries. Except for one. A computer with the uploaded personality of Arnold Schwartznegger will be backed by a third party-and that party will win.

Arnold Schwartznegger (the actual guy cant run because of his foreign birth...but the computer will be able to legally run for office) will prove to have a unifying nonpolarizing effect on the electorate- and save the day.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 3:37 am

As Cascadia, New England and Trumptopia.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

14 Sep 2021, 3:48 am

Quote:
Where do you see America 10 years from now?
Still on Western Hemisphere, a few inches further away from Europe than it's now :P

Politically - no idea. I expect several crises of various nature during these 10 years and strong resistance to any substantial changes of status quo... which unfortunately sets stage for a revolution but I doubt it would happen that soon.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 7:24 am

magz wrote:
... which unfortunately sets stage for a revolution but I doubt it would happen that soon.

Indeed, things aren't working anymore so something has got to give eventually. :|

♤ The Military

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 7:36 am

I see the Trudeau empire approve a major Chinese immigration as he has done in BC, just like the army were getting chinese militaries to join in to train canadians militaries. In fact, the Agenda 21 that Justin himself talked about in July 2020, he is getting there. Where Canada will be a bigger China, looking to be overpopulated and where you can't look at your "leaders" in the eyes and have where Communism rule. Canadian elections are on the verge and no decent replacement for Trudeau and this guy being back would be atrocious to the Canadiens rights. Agenda 30.. Canada was never a free country, if you need to be told it's a free one. lol