Where do you see America 10 years from now?

Page 3 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 2:52 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Does anyone really believe that the government is concerned about your well being?

Nope, and I don't believe Trump is either.

♤ The Military

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 4:33 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

I can't wait for this COVID mess to end!

Me too!

However, the way Pumpkin handled the COVID-19 pandemic back in 2020 is IMO, may have been a factor (but obviously not the only one mind you) that caused Pumpkin to lose the election to President Biden.

The US in 2031 I say would be even more of a dystopia than it is already especially with increases in gun violence and hate crimes all across the country. I also say that if this happens, the country will become more of a police state meaning that every single US citizen will be watched regardless of individual background.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 5:20 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Does anyone really believe that the government is concerned about your well being?

I don't believe your Lord and Savior Biden.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 5:47 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:

You clearly don't pay attention to anything I post about how much I don't like Biden. :roll:

♤ The Military

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 5:48 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I can't wait for this COVID mess to end!

Me too!

However, the way Pumpkin handled the COVID-19 pandemic back in 2020 is IMO, may have been a factor (but obviously not the only one mind you) that caused Pumpkin to lose the election to President Biden.

The US in 2031 I say would be even more of a dystopia than it is already especially with increases in gun violence and hate crimes all across the country. I also say that if this happens, the country will become more of a police state meaning that every single US citizen will be watched regardless of individual background.

Basically we'll wind up being like China, by the same as*holes who claim to be against China. How ironic. :jester:

♤ The Military

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 6:34 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
You clearly don't pay attention to anything I post about how much I don't like Biden.
I doubt that anyone really likes Mr. Biden as much as they (we) hate Mr. Trump.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 6:55 pm

Fnord wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
You clearly don't pay attention to anything I post about how much I don't like Biden.

Exactly, and I think this cartoon about sums it up.

♤ The Military

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 7:16 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
… I think this cartoon about sums it up.

Nice!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 8:31 pm

Fnord wrote:

See, to me that's legitimate and a respectable position, the people I can't understand are the ones who were and are genuinely enthusiastic about Biden, or Hillary before him. That's actually how I separate plain old liberals from the kind I'm not supposed to talk about but rhyme with fitlibs, the ones who change their opinions based on who's in power and what "their" party is saying at the moment rather than having consistent values and acknowledging when their party or president doesn't live up to them.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 10:25 pm

I don't know about anyone else but I have been of the belief for a long time that America is screwed no matter which side is in charge.

Yes I probably do lean more towards being liberal. And why shouldn't I? As far as I can tell it's the Conservatives who have always been against my right to exist as a homosexual. They're the ones who convinced the whole country that AIDS back I the 1980's was God's way of 'punishing' homosexuals. They're the ones against us having the right to get married, adopt children, or join the military or police force.

They're also the ones who think I should be forced to pray to a God I don't really like and to say the pledge of allegiance to a country that, like I said, does not believe I deserve any rights.

And now the Republicans are turning fascist before my very eyes and the Democrats who claim to care about my rights are too pathetic and disorganized to do anything to stop them. All the Democrats ever do is pay us lip service while sabotaging each other.

I feel like my future is utterly screwed by people like Trump, the QAnon, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Robert DeSantis, and the rest of Trump's red MAGA hat wearing army.

Joseph McCarthy was the one who once said "Better Dead than Red!" When America was determined to do everything in its power not to allow the influence of Communism to reach our country during the Cold War.

But now we have Trump's "Red Wave" to worry about. So talk about irony. :|

♤ The Military

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 10:35 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
Yes I probably do lean more towards being liberal. And why shouldn't I? As far as I can tell it's the Conservatives who have always been against my right to exist as a homosexual. They're the ones who convinced the whole country that AIDS back I the 1980's was God's way of 'punishing' homosexuals. They're the ones against us having the right to get married, adopt children, or join the military or police force.|

That's the Christian conservatives, i.e. social conservatives, the mouth breathers of the American Right. You're almost there realizing the Democrats only care about you so long as you vote for them, just one more leap to realizing that it's all kayfabe, that idpol is just the latest scheme to divide the populace, that as a cis het white (?) gay male you're already an outsider to the latest iteration of activists. Look at Andrew Sullivan, he's a British Catholic gay man with AIDS who's center left, and he's been effectively anathematized due to not lining up with the current idpol vogue.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 10:47 pm

Dox47 wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Yes I probably do lean more towards being liberal. And why shouldn't I? As far as I can tell it's the Conservatives who have always been against my right to exist as a homosexual. They're the ones who convinced the whole country that AIDS back I the 1980's was God's way of 'punishing' homosexuals. They're the ones against us having the right to get married, adopt children, or join the military or police force.|

That's the Christian conservatives, i.e. social conservatives, the mouth breathers of the American Right. You're almost there realizing the Democrats only care about you so long as you vote for them, just one more leap to realizing that it's all kayfabe, that idpol is just the latest scheme to divide the populace, that as a cis het white (?) gay male you're already an outsider to the latest iteration of activists. Look at Andrew Sullivan, he's a British Catholic gay man with AIDS who's center left, and he's been effectively anathematized due to not lining up with the current idpol vogue.

I guess basically what I am is neither right nor left nor really centered either.. I am just plain disillusioned with my whole country. The way I see it we are doomed in two ways: either by becoming a totalitarian state or by collapsing into anarchy.

There's no way I would survive either situation.

P.S. I live in the Bible Belt so EVERY conservative I know is a "Christian Conservative".

♤ The Military

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 11:16 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
I guess basically what I am is neither right nor left nor really centered either.. I am just plain disillusioned with my whole country. The way I see it we are doomed in two ways: either by becoming a totalitarian state or by collapsing into anarchy.

There's no way I would survive either situation.

P.S. I live in the Bible Belt so EVERY conservative I know is a "Christian Conservative".

Ahh, that makes sense, where I grew up in the Seattle area, social conservative were a hypothetical threat, we'd read about them in the news and hear about their influence in other areas, but we never really had to deal with them locally, all of our local politics was pretty solidly liberal. What really soured me on liberalism was how many people would move here that were essentially refugees from Christian areas, that grew up with social conservatives in their business, but as soon as they moved here and had majority political power, basically turned into the liberal version of Christian conservatives, in everyone's business and trying to control even their personal thoughts in the name of liberalism, without any thought registering that they'd become what they claimed to have hated about where they came from. I owned a business on the edge of Seattle in the late 2010s, it was nasty having to self censor in order to avoid a cancel mob trying to Yelp bomb me or otherwise destroy my livelihood if they found out I didn't have the same beliefs they did, exactly like someone living in a small town dominated by Christian conservatives, which is where many of these people came from. I don't doubt for a minute that had I grown up in an environment similar to yours, I'd have a grudge against Christian conservatives, but since I grew up with their liberal equivalent, I came to the opposite politics, albeit with an added grudge against liberals for their hypocrisy.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 11:57 pm

Trump predicts America will end in 3 years
https://news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-pre ... p_catchall

.. his presidency is possibly the only thing that will save us :)

Be the hero of your life.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 12:02 am

Fixxer wrote:
I see the Trudeau empire approve a major Chinese immigration as he has done in BC, just like the army were getting chinese militaries to join in to train canadians militaries. In fact, the Agenda 21 that Justin himself talked about in July 2020, he is getting there. Where Canada will be a bigger China, looking to be overpopulated and where you can't look at your "leaders" in the eyes and have where Communism rule. Canadian elections are on the verge and no decent replacement for Trudeau and this guy being back would be atrocious to the Canadiens rights. Agenda 30.. Canada was never a free country, if you need to be told it's a free one. lol
I can't say I agree. Sure, we have a lot of Chinese immigrants here in BC, among immigrants from elsewhere, but the majority around here don't sympathize with the fascist regime in their country of origin. Heck, there are many second, third, fourth generation Chinese people and beyond who are Canadian through and through, and aren't any different from people of other ethnicities. I also don't think Canada is in danger of becoming too overpopulated anytime soon.

Trudeau is a lot of things, not all of which I'm a fan of. Fascist isn't one of them, so you have nothing to worry about there. If you really think about it, there's no such thing as a free country, but I've never once felt that Canada is anything less than about as free as it gets in this day and age. At the very least, I have yet to feel as though any of my rights are infringed upon. Even in these tough times, I can still go and do most things...at least now that the worst period has passed, and I'm pretty sure that's behind us.

Also...this is a discussion about the US. I get the sense that US politics have really influenced your worldview as you're sounding a lot like the Trump crowd, but if you want to discuss Canadian politics, it might be best to do so in a another thread. If anything, a discussion about that country down south makes me even more glad to be Canadian. We really ought to stop letting their politics affect ours though, as it has certainly worsened things up here.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 12:10 am

TheRobotLives wrote:
Trump predicts America will end in 3 years
https://news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-pre ... p_catchall

.. his presidency is possibly the only thing that will save us :)
He is an idiot. Also, he's a big part of why such deep cracks have formed in the unity of the "United" States. He may only be the "symptom", or whatever, but all he did was fan the flames rather than helping put them out. The US seems to have always had a sizable population religiously swear by one political party or another, but it has only been in the last four years that things have gotten downright ugly between people of different political views, and I credit that fat oaf and his cult with helping that become a reality. His return would likely only serve to bring about the end of America, not prevent it.

Here's hoping he will be too busy stuck behind bars to run again, or incapacitated in some other way. He's not the healthiest guy on the planet, and he's not getting any younger. :P

Realistically speaking, I don't actually think the US will implode that quickly. Give it at least 5-10 years, especially if the orange ape can be kept out of office.