Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 3:26 pm

Fnord wrote:
The_Znof wrote:
... Fnord seems to be presenting this as a reason to forget the UK learning disabled.
Not at all. From where did you get THAT idea?

this is your reply to my post mentioning it

Fnord wrote:
[color=black]Dude, that is all old news. 

Last edited by The_Znof on 15 Sep 2021, 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 3:26 pm

Hopefully no more. WE'VE GOT VACCINES!! !

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Sep 2021, 1:09 am

Fnord wrote:
chris1989 wrote:
So to always shut down and damage our economies and make people's mental health even worse is a price worth paying?
When the alternative is a slow and painful death for millions more people, absolutely!
Do the countries having multiple lockdowns have a system in place to provide for the people who are out of work :?: Like do people get a stimulus payment during the lockdowns that can actually cover the full costs of all their essential living expenses like food, shelter, utilities, & health care to name a few :?:
Hypotheticaly if people are being forced out of work due to the shutdowns & they are not able to have their basic needs met, they will be dying of starvation, cold, & health issues they had before the virus that require regular medical treatment.
Perhaps I'm concerned about this because I live in the US. Lots of people in power here want the poor & disadvantaged to be completely cut off of all forms of social assistance & support in order to decrease the poor population. Maybe things are very different in those other countries & their citizens forced out of work because of the shutdowns are actually able to live decent lives despite them not working :?

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Last edited by nick007 on 18 Sep 2021, 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 4:53 am

Enough to get everyone doing everything online as quickly as possible I suppose. That's right, lockdowns are a scam to get everyone online. Sometimes I want out of this world.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 7:54 am

The ones who complain most about lockdowns are the ones who behave in ways that increase the possibility of more lockdowns.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Sep 2021, 12:01 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Enough to get everyone doing everything online as quickly as possible I suppose. That's right, lockdowns are a scam to get everyone online. Sometimes I want out of this world.
Getting everyone online is a problem here in the US because broadband access is not available everywhere, or at least not affordably. Some rural areas & mountain regions do not have cable or DSL lines as an option(I know of a few areas in my state that don't have either). Those people either have to use dial-up(I call it cr@p-up cuz things loaded very slowly when I had it in 2001 & 2002 when sites used a lot less bandwidth than they do nowadays), their cellphone service(which may barely work at home due to no nearby tower or bad terrain & other factors), home satellite internet(which can cost aLOT & go out every time there is bad weather or may not even be available at all due to terrain blocking the signal), or leave their homes to use the net(like go visit somebody or use public wifi at a coffee shop or library). Also lots of areas with high-speed broadband like cable & DSL, only have one single service provider as an option & it's a major company that is able to charge aLOT due to no competition which lots of poor people can majorly struggle to afford their exuberant prices.

For example last year Xfinity planned on implementing a data-cap nation wide. Lots of areas in the US already had that data-cap but Vermont & some other states in the region did not. It was supposed to go into effect here at the beginning of the year but a month or so after it went into effect, Xfinity decided to put it off a bit due to backlash. Xfinity stated it would go into effect next year to give their customers time to an analyze how they use their data. Various customers complained to them & contacted their politicians about it, I did both. If we're getting charged a lot for home internet that they claim is supposed to always be on & is supposed to be very fast but they have a speed limit that we are never able to go over without paying for a faster plan 1st & we are not maxing out our bandwidth most of the day, & they raise their regular prices every year including when they planned to implement their data-cap, & then they would charge you even more if you went over it. They should NOT need to implement a data-cap, especially during a pandemic when they are already making tons of money off of. They're sticking it to their customers when they need it the most & trying to make even more money off of them should be considered price gauging.

If we tell the US citizens that they are not allowed to leave their homes & they are unable to have or afford broadband at their homes & they need the internet for education & medical stuff, they are completely sh!t out of luck & even more kids in poor communities will have untreated medical issues & not be able to access education. Then the government would rant & rave about them being lazy leeches sucking on the teats of the hard-working American taxpayer because we made it impossible for them to access education & health services that they need in order to have any shot in hell of being gainfully employed.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 1:32 pm

firemonkey wrote:
The ones who complain most about lockdowns are the ones who behave in ways that increase the possibility of more lockdowns.

I don't. I've had my vaccines, I always wear a mask when out, I always carry hand sanitizer on me and I try not to go too near other people. Isolating ourselves for months on end because of a virus that most have a 98-99% chance of surviving and even more chance now with vaccines, isn't really going to do any good.