I am so fed up with being seen as a joke

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 11:33 am

Hi:
I want to first of all say that that I am really fed up with trying to the allistic community seeming to think we are broken and can't see taken seriously. Therefore the conversations are always shallow and limited. Then if you even mention you're autistic people treat you like a kid who's stupid. It honestly gets old after a while. I just wish people would recognize the autistic community are just as equal as everyone else.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 11:44 am

Summer_Twilight wrote:
Hi:
I want to first of all say that that I am really fed up with trying to the allistic community seeming to think we are broken and can't see taken seriously. Therefore the conversations are always shallow and limited. Then if you even mention you're autistic people treat you like a kid who's stupid. It honestly gets old after a while. I just wish people would recognize the autistic community are just as equal as everyone else.

Me too. Add ageism and a non-traditional approach to learning new skills, and it’s a recipe for chronic unemployment.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 1:52 pm

It makes me mad that people don't see me as a whole person and don't know how to have full conversations with me. It also makes me mad that everyone thinks are all the same in which people thinks because with have an invisible disability implies we are aliens from another planet.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 1:57 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
Hi:

same thing if you are poor or have ever used drugs that were not prescribed, any drug with the exception of a rather barbaric and toxic one which makes people want to fight and crash their cars.

It is Narcissism, it is spread through schooling and TV

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 9:53 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:
Hi:

Me too. Add ageism and a non-traditional approach to learning new skills, and it’s a recipe for chronic unemployment.

Me too.
NTs who stereotype people on the spectrum are IMO bigots who think
that people on the spectrum will always be idiots!

Such people need to realize people on the spectrum are human just like themselves.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 10:33 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
Hi:

In almost every social situation, I came away feeling dirty.
I decided enough was enough and became a suburban hermit. 8)

Most emotional pain comes from other people.
Reason would suggest avoiding the bastardos, if you want emotional stability. :mrgreen:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 7:17 am

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:
Hi:

Me too.
NTs who stereotype people on the spectrum are IMO bigots who think
that people on the spectrum will always be idiots!

Such people need to realize people on the spectrum are human just like themselves.

Anyone who doesn't have a STEM degree is considered useless, even NTs.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 10:22 am

I don't have a STEM degree, rather, I have a social science one. However, I have lots of other skills that people have found useless. That said, I am good at math and I understand how it works. In fact, I love math once I start working on it.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2021, 2:28 am

Summer_Twilight wrote:
I don't have a STEM degree, rather, I have a social science one. However, I have lots of other skills that people have found useless. That said, I am good at math and I understand how it works. In fact, I love math once I start working on it.

I luv human psychology, which some call a pseudo pscience. :mrgreen:
I find it enormously useful in understanding this Kockamamie life system.
I just don't give a krap what "downers" tell me, man. 8)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2021, 3:06 am

being seen as a joke is a step up from not being seen at all, IOW being a total non-entity.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2021, 3:50 am

auntblabby wrote:
being seen as a joke is a step up from not being seen at all, IOW being a total non-entity.

Disagree. I'd actually prefer to be invisible. There is such a thing as bad press.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2021, 8:38 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Disagree. I'd actually prefer to be invisible. There is such a thing as bad press.

Same. 8)
That was never an option for me, however.