Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ValleyAspie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Sep 2021, 12:58 pm

Hello everyone, ValleyAspie here, coming to you from the beautiful Ottawa Valley, in the Canadian province of Ontario. We're about an hour's drive from Ottawa, our nation's capital, and the leaves' colours around here are now (mid September) changing, likely reaching their peak by early October... autumn in this area, as well as nearby Lanark County, is absolutely gorgeous.

I'm a guy in my late 30s, among the oldest of the "millennial" generation; diagnosed with Asperger's at about age 12, and for about the past ten years, I've also struggled with depression and anxiety. Despite my AS, I completed high school *and* college, and worked in the electronic media field (TV/radio/web/social) for some 20 years. Was laid off last year, along with a few of my co-workers, as ad revenue across the industry was steadily dropping throughout the 2010s, and the pandemic brought it down even more.

In 2005, I began dating a young woman (well, a few years older than me) who was/is an elementary schoolteacher, and we've been happily married since 2012. Even though I'm very high functioning and often don't look or sound like someone with an ASD, her experiences with me have sort of helped her better understand the hows and whys of her ASD students.

Over a few forthcoming posts, I hope to discuss some topics relating to sleep, fatigue/tiredness, mobility, emotions, and handling difficult people and situations. Glad to be here, and I'm looking forward to your input!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 1:14 pm

Ohmigawd!
Fer shur, fer shur!
He's ValleyAspie
And needs no cure!

:wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 2:20 pm

Welcome to WP! I hope you find it to be a nice place to visit.

Any time you think it is not a nice place, maybe just change threads rather than leave the planet.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 5:10 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 6:16 am

Fnord wrote:
Ohmigawd!
Fer shur, fer shur!
He's ValleyAspie
And needs no cure!

:wink:

I think you have in mind a valley other than the Ottawa Valley?