Cholesterol is high and it’ll be so hard to get it down

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 1:38 pm

Back in March I went to see a new doctor. Had a blood test done and it showed that my LDL was at 148. I made some efforts to change my diet, but my ADHD made it too hard for me to do it on a consistent basis. A few weeks ago, I cut off sugar from my diet for a bit to try get rid of my yeast infection, but there was no progress being made so I gave up on that and went back to eating what I wanted. I starting taking a probiotic and things seem to look better down there at least I think. That about sums up my attempts to eat healthier in the last 6 months.

After that appt in March, the doctor asked me to come back in 6 months. That appt was yesterday. I had blood drawn and it turns out my LDL is now at 182, which is under the category of “high”. An LDL of 190 or higher is considered “very high”.

Those test results are a reminder of the trouble I’m in with my health, especially since it appears to beso hard for me to get it down. Like, it will take months. Months of me being on a strict diet. It feels like a daunting task.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 3:06 pm

LDL is not "bad". And it can fluctuate, it can be high today and significantly lower tomorrow. And it is completely meaningless out of context. It can be very high in good circumstances, like if you are on a good diet, exercising, losing a lot of excess fat. And low LDL in some circumstances is a very bad sign. Most doctors care only about absolute numbers and treat perfectly healthy people with statins, ruining their health.