Page 4 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 7:41 pm

Quote:
Dutton: Chinese criticism of AUKUS alliance ’embarrassing’
September 17, 2021 - 10:34AM

Defence Minister Peter Dutton says the comments made by Chinese media about the recent AUKUS alliance are “frankly embarrassing”.

Speaking exclusively to Sky News Australia, Mr Dutton said Australia was focused on maintaining peace in the Indo-Pacific region but said the comments “make the case” as to why the alliance is necessary.

“I think the propaganda that we’ve seen from a number of spokespersons or the media outlets that speak on behalf of the Chinese Communist Party, frankly, I think they make the case for us,” he said.

“I think their comments are counterproductive and immature and frankly embarrassing.”

https://www.skynews.com.au/australia-ne ... 0e490deeb1

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 7:43 pm

Quote:
‘Our desire is to maintain peace’: Dutton
September 26, 2021 - 22:22PM

Defence Minister Peter Dutton says the Australian government’s desire “is to maintain peace” with China.

“But you don’t maintain peace from a position of weakness,” Mr Dutton told Sky News Australia.

“And we have made historic decisions here, we’ve come to agreements that have never been able to land before.

“That reflects the period in which we’re living, and what we think potentially lies ahead.”

https://www.skynews.com.au/australia-ne ... 78209778bc

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2022, 7:30 pm

Pepe wrote:
The unconscionable behaviour of the Chinese government was the coverup and the *deliberate* policy of allowing infected Chinese citizens to travel the world and spread the problem.

When Chinese citizens have been strictly restricted from leaving the country since the beginning of the pandemic, such accusations are ridiculous.
Such strict restrictions are still true today.

The earliest infections outside China came from western countries evacuating their citizens from Wuhan. Then from the United States to the world.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.