US,UK and Australia forge military alliance to counter China

Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 8:00 am

Juliette wrote:
China Fires Back with “No Mercy”:
https://www.usnews.com/news/world-report/articles/2021-09-16/china-fires-back-at-aukus-alliance-with-violent-rhetoric-australian-troops-would-be-the-first-to-die

Charming … “China on Thursday expressed outrage at a new security pact between Australia, the U.K. and the U.S., blasting what it considers a new Western provocation and singling out Australian troops as the first to die as a result of "Beijing's countermeasures so as to send a warning to others."

“Canberra will most likely become a target of Beijing's countermeasures so as to send a warning to others," the Global Times wrote. "Thus, Australian troops are also most likely to be the first batch of Western soldiers to waste their lives in the South China Sea."

Anyone who takes this Chinese propaganda nonsense seriously is a fool. 8O
As if Australia can challenge China in any way whatsoever.
The only reason this is happening is because of China's jingoistic aggression.
And they have been intimidating us, Tawain, India, Vietnam and Japan mercilessly.

Their reasoning is worse than the worst "logic" I have seen on this website. :mrgreen:

Peter Dutton, one of our future Prime Ministers, calls it embarrassing, and so it is, like a child having a tantrum.
The problem here is that this "child" has nuclear weapons galore. 8O

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 9:25 am

Absolutely! Australia has nothing to fear, that is, unless the US is to fall in the next 20-30 years … perish the thought!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 9:28 am

Nades wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
China has destroyed the whole world with their precious virus, the government there deserve to be blasted off the face of the earth.
My best evaluation is that the pandemic was caused by an accidental leak from the Wuhan lab. This does happen. The unconscionable behaviour of the Chinese government was the coverup and the *deliberate* policy of allowing infected Chinese citizens to travel the world and spread the problem. This is the sort of world we live in. Enjoy.
Links to intentionally allowing it's citizens to spread the virus?
Intentionally ... passively ... the results are the same -- the world is in the midst of a pandemic that originated in China, making it China's fault for the pandemic ... China and a few scientifically ignorant and blatantly narcissistic world leaders ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 10:48 am

Our "president" works for China.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 1:07 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
... and Trump ... and ISIS ... and the Pope ... and the Gnomes of Zurich ... and the Mermaids of Atlantis ...

For whom does he NOT work?

:lol: Mr. Reynholm, of course!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 1:12 pm

If the French had been invited we would have FAUKUS.Which might be mispronounced…

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 1:24 pm

Misslizard wrote:
If the French had been invited we would have FAUKUS.Which might be mispronounced…
Ya better be pronouncin' that word like "FOCUS", missy!"

Gall-durned young 'uns...

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 2:38 pm

Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
... and Trump ... and ISIS ... and the Pope ... and the Gnomes of Zurich ... and the Mermaids of Atlantis ...

For whom does he NOT work?

:lol: Mr. Reynholm, of course!

Biden doesn't work for American citizens.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 2:44 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
... and Trump ... and ISIS ... and the Pope ... and the Gnomes of Zurich ... and the Mermaids of Atlantis ... For whom does he NOT work?  Mr. Reynholm, of course!
Biden doesn't work for American citizens.
Like I said, not for you; he is, after all, a left-leaning liberal and a well-educated lawyer.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 4:02 pm

Misslizard wrote:

Actually that would make it "Fraukus". Which would be pronounced "Fracas". Which is kinda the point. To have a gang rumble.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 4:07 pm

Juliette wrote:
China Fires Back with “No Mercy”:
https://www.usnews.com/news/world-report/articles/2021-09-16/china-fires-back-at-aukus-alliance-with-violent-rhetoric-australian-troops-would-be-the-first-to-die

Charming … “China on Thursday expressed outrage at a new security pact between Australia, the U.K. and the U.S., blasting what it considers a new Western provocation and singling out Australian troops as the first to die as a result of "Beijing's countermeasures so as to send a warning to others."

“Canberra will most likely become a target of Beijing's countermeasures so as to send a warning to others," the Global Times wrote. "Thus, Australian troops are also most likely to be the first batch of Western soldiers to waste their lives in the South China Sea."

Bunch of crybabies. We already have "ANZUS" (the US, Australian, NewZealand, alliance). And back in the cold war we had SEATO (South East Asian Treaty Organization...like NATO) which was much bigger than this new alliance. So its not something very radical that we English speaking countries are doing. Just going back to the past.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 4:21 pm

There are no good answers to anything anymore. Ugh.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 5:53 pm

Juliette wrote:
Absolutely! Australia has nothing to fear, that is, unless the US is to fall in the next 20-30 years … perish the thought!

I will be dead by then.
I suspect I won't care what happens after that. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 6:03 pm

Fnord wrote:
Nades wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
China has destroyed the whole world with their precious virus, the government there deserve to be blasted off the face of the earth.
My best evaluation is that the pandemic was caused by an accidental leak from the Wuhan lab. This does happen. The unconscionable behaviour of the Chinese government was the coverup and the *deliberate* policy of allowing infected Chinese citizens to travel the world and spread the problem. This is the sort of world we live in. Enjoy.
Links to intentionally allowing it's citizens to spread the virus?
Intentionally ... passively ... the results are the same -- the world is in the midst of a pandemic that originated in China, making it China's fault for the pandemic ... China and a few scientifically ignorant and blatantly narcissistic world leaders ...

Well, I *very* clearly remember how China ransacked PPE from the entire world while they were reassuring us that "there was nothing to see", that the virus wasn't transmissible to humans.
I also remember, later on, that they assured Trump that the problem would go away in summer.

I mean, you don't have to be Einstein's dog to connect the dots, in terms of culpability. :mrgreen:

BTW, I *did* say it was my considered opinion. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 6:05 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:

There is evidence to the contrary, in terms of AUKUS, at least.
As I said, Uncle Joe is in my good books again because of that. :thumright:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 6:09 pm

Misslizard wrote:

FAUK the entire free world if China succeeds in its ultimate aim of world domination. 8O
Damn, this is so reminiscent of the rise of Nazi Germany. 8O 8O 8O