Another riot planned at the Capitol for September 18th

Page 2 of 11 [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 11:23 am

I fully expect 'sting' operations to run concurrently within each of the rallies (several are planned, each in different cities), random searches and ID checks, too.  Expect fugitives to be rounded up and detained along with anyone who commits assault or tries to incite violence.

This time, the police will be ready, and they will have clear orders to follow.

:twisted:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 4:52 pm

Even Trump thinks this smells:

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-ca ... l-a-setup/

Quote:
Trump also characterized the planned Sept. 18 rally at the U.S. Capitol as a “setup” meant to denigrate Republican voters regardless of what transpires.

“On Saturday, that’s a setup,” Trump said, referring to the rally. “If people don’t show up they’ll say, ‘Oh, it’s a lack of spirit.’ And if people do show up they’ll be harassed.”.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 5:27 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Even Trump thinks this smells:

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-ca ... l-a-setup/

Quote:
Trump also characterized the planned Sept. 18 rally at the U.S. Capitol as a “setup” meant to denigrate Republican voters regardless of what transpires.

“On Saturday, that’s a setup,” Trump said, referring to the rally. “If people don’t show up they’ll say, ‘Oh, it’s a lack of spirit.’ And if people do show up they’ll be harassed.”.

Trump is very good at managing expectations in such a way that he gets to craft a message useful to him, personally, so matter what happens. In other words, I expect him to play it as he is whether or not there is any base for suspicion. I don’t find his comments informative.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 5:36 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Trump is very good at managing expectations in such a way that he gets to craft a message useful to him, personally, so matter what happens. In other words, I expect him to play it as he is whether or not there is any base for suspicion. I don’t find his comments informative.

I don't think he's even involved with this event, so I don't see any element of expectation management, he's been largely silent on the Capitol Riot generally, so I read this more as a warning off of his remaining supporters, not that most need one at this point.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 5:53 pm

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

I don't think he's even involved with this event, so I don't see any element of expectation management, he's been largely silent on the Capitol Riot generally, so I read this more as a warning off of his remaining supporters, not that most need one at this point.

Could be.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 6:24 pm

Dox47 wrote:
I'm going to laugh if it's like 20 fat guys, and 8 of them are undercover feds.

America is known for obesity and narcs. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 6:31 pm

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

I have always maintained that Trump had a brain fart on the 6th, as a result of the psychological distress of losing the erection election.
My guess is he was embarrassed by what he did, and would rather not dwell on it.
I am glad he has distanced himself from his previous indiscretion. 8)

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 7:16 pm

They can try. The authorities should be more prepared this time. I've even heard something about a fence going up, and I'm assuming there will be guards to go with that fence to ensure people can't just scale it.

King0fSpades wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Here we go again if this does actually happen. :roll:

And watch the GOP deny it ever happened again like the fascists they are.

Exactly like China and the Tiananmen Square Massacre.
Maybe don't go that far, especially since the other side also compares the government's crackdown on their "peaceful protests" to Tiananmen Square. Also, China's apparently waiting for the US authorities to respond to something like that with guns so they can say something along the lines of "looks like fascists aren't the only ones who respond to protests with bullets".

In reality, Tiananmen Square is a tragedy the likes of which we have yet to see replicated and which indicates just how depraved the dictatorship in China really is. Neither side of the political spectrum should make reference to it as it is not only inaccurate to compare anything that has happened in US politics in our lifetimes to that, but it's just as much a disservice to the people who lost their lives that day as when people casually compare the pandemic to the Holocaust.

Truthfully, I wouldn't put it past the Republican party to continue to become more and more corrupt, and maybe one day they will become despots the likes of which are only seen in dictatorships, but I for one don't think they're quite there yet. I'm under the impression that they still have some humanity left...even if they don't show it all the time. :roll:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 7:22 pm

Tross wrote:
They can try. The authorities should be more prepared this time. I've even heard something about a fence going up, and I'm assuming there will be guards to go with that fence to ensure people can't just scale it.
King0fSpades wrote:

Maybe don't go that far, especially since the other side also compares the government's crackdown on their "peaceful protests" to Tiananmen Square. Also, China's apparently waiting for the US authorities to respond to something like that with guns so they can say something along the lines of "looks like fascists aren't the only ones who respond to protests with bullets".

In reality, Tiananmen Square is a tragedy the likes of which we have yet to see replicated and which indicates just how depraved the dictatorship in China really is. Neither side of the political spectrum should make reference to it as it is not only inaccurate to compare anything that has happened in US politics in our lifetimes to that, but it's just as much a disservice to the people who lost their lives that day as when people casually compare the pandemic to the Holocaust.

Truthfully, I wouldn't put it past the Republican party to continue to become more and more corrupt, and maybe one day they will become despots the likes of which are only seen in dictatorships, but I for one don't think they're quite there yet. I'm under the impression that they still have some humanity left...even if they don't show it all the time. :roll:

This is glaringly self-evident.
People are embarrassing themselves when they compare the attrocities of China to what is happening in America. :mrgreen:

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 7:27 pm

Dox47 wrote:

Based on what is coming out from the Whitmer case, it would be more likely that at least 2/3 of those involved were undercover feds or informers.... Potentially including the organisers of the event.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 10:29 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Based on what is coming out from the Whitmer case, it would be more likely that at least 2/3 of those involved were undercover feds or informers.... Potentially including the organisers of the event.

Pretty much, this entire event has glowed in the dark from the get go, even people outside the right are openly calling it a federal event.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 11:10 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

I remember a skeme where the establishment offered prizes to those on the wanted list, for going to an event.
The sting was quite successful. :mrgreen:

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 1:48 am

Pepe wrote:
Tross wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

This is glaringly self-evident.
People are embarrassing themselves when they compare the attrocities of China to what is happening in America. :mrgreen:
That and comparing having to wear a face mask to the atrocities of Auschwitz and other death camps at the hands of the Nazis seem to come up far more often than they should...which is never. Obviously people making such remarks haven't been through such tragedies, and I don't think their intent is to make light of them, but here we are.

I don't blame individual people for it either so much as what Western culture has become in the past decade, which is to say, I'm really glad that life in the West has reached the point where even the thought of such events is distant and fleeting. No one should have to know the suffering that a lot of people sadly had to endure. All the same, it's clear that some people could use more education on the topic of past atrocities, as well as what people still experience in other parts of the world. The January 6th riot doesn't hold a candle to things that are happening in Afghanistan right now, and it's clear not everyone knows just how good things are here and now.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 8:38 am

Fnord wrote:
I fully expect 'sting' operations to run concurrently within each of the rallies (several are planned, each in different cities), random searches and ID checks, too.  Expect fugitives to be rounded up and detained along with anyone who commits assault or tries to incite violence.

This time, the police will be ready, and they will have clear orders to follow.

Trust No One
by Headlines

Posted on The Nib, 2021-09-17

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 10:49 am

Its a setup for another false flag.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 12:46 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Its a setup for another false flag.
It looks like someone may have been dipping into the QAnon Kool-Aid again...
Quote:
Leading figures in the radical QAnon movement are telling supporters not to attend a rally at the Capitol demanding "justice" for people charged over the January 6 riots.  Ahead of the rally, a number of influential figures in the QAnon movement have warned supporters not to attend, because they fear the event is actually a setup to ensnare conspiracy theorists, white supremacists and other extremists.

Ron Watkins, the former administrator for message board site 8kun who is thought by some to have played the mysterious figure known as "Q", wrote on Telegram that the September 18 rally had "a very high probability of becoming a false flag" event.

"I won't be naming the event.  I do not endorse the event.  I hope none of you attend", Watkins added.  "Do yourself a favor and stay away from D.C. on September 18."

Source:  This Newsweek Article 

:lol: