Another riot planned at the Capitol for September 18th

Page 4 of 11 [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 7:12 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Its a setup for another false flag.
It looks like someone may have been dipping into the QAnon Kool-Aid again...
Quote:
Leading figures in the radical QAnon movement are telling supporters not to attend a rally at the Capitol demanding "justice" for people charged over the January 6 riots.  Ahead of the rally, a number of influential figures in the QAnon movement have warned supporters not to attend, because they fear the event is actually a setup to ensnare conspiracy theorists, white supremacists and other extremists. Ron Watkins, the former administrator for message board site 8kun who is thought by some to have played the mysterious figure known as "Q", wrote on Telegram that the September 18 rally had "a very high probability of becoming a false flag" event. "I won't be naming the event.  I do not endorse the event.  I hope none of you attend", Watkins added.  "Do yourself a favor and stay away from D.C. on September 18."
Source:  This Newsweek Article 
Q or Orange Man seem to be the answer to everything for the Left.
With proof like I have shown above, how can any reasonable person seriously doubt it?
To be fair, just because A and B align, does not mean B exists because of A.
To be accurate, leading figures in the radical QAnon movement are telling supporters not to attend a rally at the Capitol demanding "justice" for people charged over the January 6 riots; subsequently, QAnon’s followers are staying away in droves. That looks like a clear causal connection to me!

:lol:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 7:18 pm

Fnord wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Quote:
Leading figures in the radical QAnon movement are telling supporters not to attend a rally at the Capitol demanding "justice" for people charged over the January 6 riots.  Ahead of the rally, a number of influential figures in the QAnon movement have warned supporters not to attend, because they fear the event is actually a setup to ensnare conspiracy theorists, white supremacists and other extremists. Ron Watkins, the former administrator for message board site 8kun who is thought by some to have played the mysterious figure known as "Q", wrote on Telegram that the September 18 rally had "a very high probability of becoming a false flag" event. "I won't be naming the event.  I do not endorse the event.  I hope none of you attend", Watkins added.  "Do yourself a favor and stay away from D.C. on September 18."
With proof like I have shown above, how can any reasonable person seriously doubt it?
To be accurate, leading figures in the radical QAnon movement are telling supporters not to attend a rally at the Capitol demanding "justice" for people charged over the January 6 riots; subsequently, QAnon’s followers are staying away in droves. That looks like a clear causal connection to me!

To be frank, I wouldn’t attend such a rally even if I believed in its cause, either. For me it would be more about avoiding making a public statement in a time information is a little squishy, and things you say and do publicly can follow you around and create a profile that may not be accurate. I would advise friends of the same, and it would have nothing to do with someone else recommending the same thing for different reasons.

Sensible people are getting more concerned for their privacy. They see how quickly public exposure can escalate.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 7:22 pm

Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
... Perhaps we should be viciously attacking the system that produced Trump. But I don't see that happening.
That is because Fred Trump and Mary Anne MacLeod Trump are both dead.
Bazinga! That's funny, but it still doesn't negate my point.
it was not meant to be funny, since they brought him into this world, raised him, and taught him that money and power are all that matter; that anyone who gets in his way should be harassed, insulted, and dismissed outright; that it is perfectly alright to inflate and support one's own image with lies and false accusations of others; and that grabbing women by their genitals is perfectly alright.

But if you are trying to use that tired, old, left-wing, liberal excuse that "Society made him that way", then try again; because if Society made Trump, then Society (of which you are a part) has committed bigger "crimes" by creating Pelosi, AOC, the Clintons, the Obamas, and "Sleepy Joe" himself.

Gosh! You're not even close to what I was talking about. I'm talking about the political system that made it possible for such a vile person to rise to the top. It's amazing. isn't it?

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 7:23 pm

I think the erstwhile rioters are acting cowardly, after having found out that attempting a coup against the USA government can get them arrested, tried, convicted, and imprisoned for a very long time.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 7:26 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
... Perhaps we should be viciously attacking the system that produced Trump. But I don't see that happening.
It was not meant to be funny, since they brought him into this world, raised him, and taught him that money and power are all that matter; that anyone who gets in his way should be harassed, insulted, and dismissed outright; that it is perfectly alright to inflate and support one's own image with lies and false accusations of others; and that grabbing women by their genitals is perfectly alright.

But if you are trying to use that tired, old, left-wing, liberal excuse that "Society made him that way", then try again; because if Society made Trump, then Society (of which you are a part) has committed bigger "crimes" by creating Pelosi, AOC, the Clintons, the Obamas, and "Sleepy Joe" himself.
Gosh! You're not even close to what I was talking about. I'm talking about the political system that made it possible for such a vile person to rise to the top. It's amazing. isn't it?
And exactly what would YOU do to improve a system in which any “charming” narcissist can be elected president on a minority vote after having been raised as a spoiled brat by wealthy parents?

And why do you not go right ahead and do it?

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 7:56 pm

VegetableMan wrote:

FYI I think I knew what you meant, and I agree it is an issue, I just don’t see it as the only issue, and I am not going to stop working on something I believe needs fixing and hopefully can be fixed solely because it isn’t the only problem.

What would you suggest to fix the political system? I haven’t seen a lot of proposals both major parties seem to be willing to agree on. A lot has been incredibly self-serving.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 8:03 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Tross wrote:

People like that vote. No wonder the US had to put up with four years of an orangutan being in office. :x

We had to put up with four years of Trump because of forty years of neoliberal politics. We get what we deserve -- as a collective.

Perhaps we should be viciously attacking the system that produced Trump. But I don't see that happening.
In all fairness, you are correct that there seems to be a lot of things wrong with the US's system of government, as about the only thing remotely resembling a compliment that I can give to Donald and his time in office is that he exposed and brought a lot of those things to the surface, both intentionally and unintentionally (given his intelligence, likely more of the latter, but the end result is the same either way, so credit where it is due).

Some of the imperfections are likely due to the fact that a lot of things just haven't been reviewed in a very long time, sometimes centuries, and some of them strike me as issues that were always there due to the system being a hastily constructed attempt to distance itself from the British democratic system, while maintaining enough semblance to a democracy to serve the same function. Still others have likely accumulated in the intervening years due to the antics of those previously in government. I will admit, as an outsider, I haven't followed the last 40 years (or any, really) of US politics nearly as closely as I have the last five, but it doesn't surprise me in the least that some issues can be attributed to things that have happened closer to my lifetime.

All the same, a lot of Trump supporters do actually make me believe he's more intelligent than them. I'm sure supporters with better heads on their shoulders exist, but heck if they're ever around when the media is. Of course, anyone of intelligence would have stayed home rather than participate in something that was probably not going to come to anything at best, and at worst could have ended in arrests or even violence, and regardless, will likely be part of their social media history. :roll: At least the riot this is commemorating was a lot more impromptu, whereas here it was pretty obvious nothing was ever going to be gained from this gathering...well, even more obvious than the first time. That it just ended up being a dud is the best case scenario they could have hoped for.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 8:16 pm

Brictoria wrote:

:lmao:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 8:19 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Sparse crowd gathers near Capitol to protest treatment of those jailed in Jan. 6 riot
Quote:
A small, peaceful crowd gathered Saturday in Washington to protest what the organizers say is the unfair treatment of people charged in the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol.

The rally ended less than 90 minutes after it began around 12 p.m. ET. D.C., in Union Square, a small park just west, and in clear view, of the Capitol.

Police Chief Robert Contee said that the crowd was “about what we expected” and that the stepped-up police presence may have kept numbers lower.

“I’m hopeful that had some impact on it,” he told NBC News in an interview before the rally

Called it. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 8:21 pm

Tross wrote:
About what I expected. These people are way too dumb to enact any sort of plan that would be even half-sufficient to come remotely close to toppling the government. A few guns and intimidation are enough to keep them in line.

Well, this protest had nothing to do with attempted government overthrow.
Nor was the protest on the 6th. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 8:23 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Tross wrote:

People like that vote. No wonder the US had to put up with four years of an orangutan being in office. :x

We had to put up with four years of Trump because of forty years of neoliberal politics. We get what we deserve -- as a collective.

Perhaps we should be viciously attacking the system that produced Trump. But I don't see that happening.

Trump was the end result of a corrupt political aristocracy on both sides of the political divide. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 8:27 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

How dare Fnord introduce humour in this serious discussion! <stamp foot>
Disgraceful. :evil:

Surely there is no need to provide a qualifier or emoji to indicate I was jokingly ironic, right? :scratch: :mrgreen:

Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
it was not meant to be funny, since they brought him into this world, raised him, and taught him that money and power are all that matter; that anyone who gets in his way should be harassed, insulted, and dismissed outright; that it is perfectly alright to inflate and support one's own image with lies and false accusations of others; and that grabbing women by their genitals is perfectly alright.

Now *THAT* is hilarious. :lmao:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 8:31 pm

Pepe wrote:
Tross wrote:
About what I expected. These people are way too dumb to enact any sort of plan that would be even half-sufficient to come remotely close to toppling the government. A few guns and intimidation are enough to keep them in line.

Well, this protest had nothing to do with attempted government overthrow.
Nor was the protest on the 6th. 8)

Trying to force congress to reverse the results of Presidential election by use of coercion certainly sounds like an attempted overthrow to me.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 8:35 pm

Fnord wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Quote:

"Oh, ok."
So you are saying that the protesters on the 6th were predominantly Qanon believers?
If True, I didn't know that.
"Interesting." 8)

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 8:36 pm

I'm waiting on more conclusive sourcing, but it looks like they caught one guy with a gun, and he turned out to be an undercover cop with a different agency...

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 8:38 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

Regarding Fnord's comment:
It was "either" a joke, a non-sequitur, or a misunderstanding.
Time may tell. 8)