Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 4:04 pm

So I'm kinda having a conflict.

Potentially really liking someone
And I think shes way out my league.

She's totally aware of my autism and oddly enough she won't leave. She's pretty. I am not I am f ugly . She's good with talking to people I am not she says everything right but I just know I'm gonna get hurt.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 4:48 pm

Danusaurus wrote:
So I'm kinda having a conflict.

Potentially really liking someone
And I think shes way out my league.

She's totally aware of my autism and oddly enough she won't leave. She's pretty. I am not I am f ugly . She's good with talking to people I am not she says everything right but I just know I'm gonna get hurt.

Well if she doesn't like you, why won't she leave? Any theories on that?

Id say it seems there must be something she likes about you.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 5:02 pm

Danusaurus wrote:
I just know I'm gonna get hurt.

I think you should be cautious but don't assume you necessarily will get hurt. If you like her and she likes you, so far, I would suggest that you continue getting to know her and see what happens.

Perhaps there is something about her, that you haven't seen yet, that makes it hard for her to find a good relationship. That something, whatever it might, may or may not be a deal-breaker for you too, depending on what it is. You just don't know yet, nor will you know until you get to know her a whole lot better.

Don't forego a potentially good opportunity just because it seems too good to be true. Don't rush into anything with her, but do continue getting to know her, and do allow yourself to show your interest in her.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 3:07 am

You never know what someone else is attracted to. Proceed with caution to protect yourself, but don't make her decision for her by assuming she couldn't possibly like you. She just might actually like you. In what way (friend or romance), I can't say.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 3:33 am

Is she already your girlfriend or just a crush? The above posters are assuming you two in relationship but I see nothing in your post indicates so.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 3:57 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Is she already your girlfriend or just a crush? The above posters are assuming you two in relationship but I see nothing in your post indicates so.

I was not assuming that the two of them were in a relationship yet. My impression was that they were still in the early phases of getting to know each other.

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2021, 5:07 am

We are in them stages.. except she's not the that typical chick . She's isn't like others I've wanted to fill usual NT crap with.. I have this weird feeling where I don't want to and actually feel I have to with.. someone who I feel like I've known for ages.. it's so very weird . That girl next door thing people talk about.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2021, 7:48 am

She’s IN your league. Enough with the rubbish about “leagues”!

Just don’t blow it by not having confidence.

I’ve blown it by not having confidence.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2021, 8:02 pm

You should ask her out and here's why.

If you ask her out and she says no, sure it will hurt, I'm not denying that. But what if she happens to say yes? What if a year from now, you wake up and there she is completely naked right by your bedside? She wakes up, you two cuddle, and then have sex. This future will never happen if you never go for it.

If you never take that chance to ask her out on a date, the only question you'll be asking yourself years from now is what if? That's not a question you want to be asking yourself.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2021, 9:18 pm

If you want to know whether or not a girl likes you, you have to pay attention to the signs. Oftentimes, women give off indicators on their level of interest towards you, some very subtle while others not so subtle. Knowing someone's level of interest in you takes a little bit of "reading between the lines".

I'll give you a couple of signs that could indicate that a woman is or isn't interested.

- When you're interacting with a girl in person, pay attention to her behavior. One sign that a woman is interested in you is the fact that she stays and talks to you for a long period of time. If a girl is talking to you for 5+ minutes and ESPECIALLY 10+ minutes, then it really means that you two are hitting it off and connecting; which is a great sign that not only you two are compatible, but she has a high degree of interest in you. Of course, maybe you two are only hitting it off as friends, but at least there is a high connection going on whether platonic or not if you can have a 10+ minute conversation with someone.

On the other hand, women who are NOT interested will oftentimes try to leave the conversation early; they may dart their eyes around the room, tell you she's going to go talk to their friends after only talking to her for a minute, and some girls are rude enough to simply just walk away from you without saying a word. If other people come to your social circle and start talking to you, she might use that as an opportunity to get away. Or her friends come to her social circle to "rescue" her and then they completely ignore you. These are all subtle signs she's not interested.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 12:39 am

I just saw a picture of you and you're not fugly. Not in the slightest.