NYC restaurant hostess assaulted after asking for vaxx proof

Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 3:20 am

NYC restaurant hostess assaulted after asking women for proof of vaccination

Quote:
Police say the hostess of a restaurant on the Upper West Side was assaulted after asking three women from out of town to show proof of vaccination.

The incident was reported at Carmine's Restaurant at 2450 Broadway around 5 p.m. Thursday.

Officials say the three women from Texas -- a 44-year-old, her 21-year-old daughter and another 49-year-old woman -- tried to enter the restaurant.

That is when authorities say they assaulted the 24-year-old hostess who asked for their proof of vaccination.

he suspects broke the hostess' necklace during the assault, but she refused medical attention.

The three women were taken into custody and given desk appearance tickets.

The investigation into the incident is ongoing.

"Our goal is to serve our customers great food, offer excellent service and hospitality while keeping our employees and customers safe as we comply with the government mandated COVID-19 protocols," said a spokesperson from Carmine's Italian Restaurant. "It's a shocking and tragic situation when one of our valued employees is assaulted for doing their job - as required by city policies - and trying to make a living. Our focus right now is caring for our employee and the rest of our restaurant family. We are a family-style restaurant, and this is the absolute last experience any of our employees should ever endure and any customers witness."

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 6:49 am

Crazy….just crazy!

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 2:21 pm

Before anyone gets too excited, I'm just going to point out that I've seen the video, and these particular Texans probably aren't who you're thinking from the framing of the story.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2021, 12:08 am

Don't come between a "hangry" anti-vaxxer from Texas and their steak :lol:

I look forward to her arrest. we have had hundreds of these idiots blocking traffic here in Melbourne helping spread COVID and be excellent vectors.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2021, 1:30 am

cyberdad wrote:

Did you go find a video? I don't think these people were anti-vax in the way you're thinking...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2021, 1:32 am

Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Did you go find a video? I don't think these people were anti-vax in the way you're thinking...

Were they just "Hangry"? I'll look for the video and confirm

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2021, 1:41 am

cyberdad wrote:
Were they just "Hangry"? I'll look for the video and confirm

Let me put it this way, I think they're more likely to yell "yo!" than "yeehaw!", if that gives you a hint.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2021, 1:44 am

Dox47 wrote:
Before anyone gets too excited, I'm just going to point out that I've seen the video, and these particular Texans probably aren't who you're thinking from the framing of the story.

I got your hint this first time. They were Black. Correct?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2021, 1:51 am

naturalplastic wrote:
I got your hint this first time. They were Black. Correct?

That's a Bingo. Shouldn't matter, but it does, particularly with this anti vax stuff.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2021, 4:24 am

nutters come in all shades of the rainbow

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2021, 5:00 am

As far as we know, the fight could of happened because the hostess said a racial insult.

Be the hero of your life.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2021, 5:04 am

I can only imagine that employee thought they could be assaulted further, but luckily hey...at least that women did not get shot to death for calling the cops, unlike that poor Australian lady. That is why some of us have the decency to not call cops...like even if they could help chances are getting them involved will make it worse for everyone involved.

Even the victims of whatever crime, like the poice are usless unless they can arrest you for soemthing, then well what are you going to do when you are arrested and cuffed...sit there in the seat while they take you to jail. Even though maybe you were the one who called and thought they'd help rather than assualt...well no welcome to cops 2021 where you will even see boot-lickers with blue line flags driving around trying to provoke and bother people where all of us should just ignore it when they do hat, and not give them the attention they crave.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 19 Sep 2021, 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2021, 5:08 am

It could be that she used a racial slur. Or maybe not.

But also ...

1) Blacks tend to be paranoid about stuff like vaccines for slightly different reasons than the reasons White MAGA types get arrogant about it because of bad experiences Blacks have had in the past.

2) The Black family in question may have been triggered by memories of the Jim Crow south (of which Texas was part) when Blacks might be refused service in public places like restaurants, and jumped to the false conclusion that the vaccine requirment was really a cover for descriminating against them because of the color of their skin (like a literacy tests were used to suppress voting back in segregation days of the South).

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2021, 5:23 am

naturalplastic wrote:

But also ...

1) Blacks tend to be paranoid about stuff like vaccines for slightly different reasons than the reasons White MAGA types get arrogant about it because of bad experiences Blacks have had in the past.

2) The Black family in question may have been triggered by memories of the Jim Crow south (of which Texas was part) when Blacks might be refused service in public places like restaurants, and jumped to the false conclusion that the vaccine requirment was really a cover for descriminating against them because of the color of their skin (like a literacy tests were used to suppress voting back in segregation days of the South).

Well whites seem to be paranoid about the same thing, so do try to stray away from generalizing racial groups that way. And also, black people is a generally more appropriate way to say it than 'blacks'. And also sure, but how does that excuse all the white hillbillies that wont get their goddamn vaccine?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2021, 7:24 am

This is the clearest video I could find

It's really not clear why the party attacked the 22yr old hostess but it's possible the tone of voice she used toward the party of tourists (there seems to be more than three) might have given the impression they were asked to show proof because they were black. Otherwise this isn't really normal behaviour for tourists.

The three engaging in the assault have been charged,

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2021, 8:53 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

But also ...

Well whites seem to be paranoid about the same thing, so do try to stray away from generalizing racial groups that way. And also, black people is a generally more appropriate way to say it than 'blacks'. And also sure, but how does that excuse all the white hillbillies that wont get their goddamn vaccine?

Blacks were victims in the Tuskegee experiment. Not Whites.
I didnt say it "excused" anything.