Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 7:19 am

It's never done this before, but just yesterday I got very sore around the inside of my thighs where my underwear is, and it's dreadfully painful to walk. But I walk to work daily and I move around a lot at work so it's hard to bear.

I've put some soothing cream on it a few times, and soaked in a warm bath, and the underwear I wear is very comfortable and not tight and is even cotton, but I'm still sore. The trouble is, it's under the pubic hair so I can't really see how sore it is and I'm not sure if the cream is getting to it properly because of the pubic hair, but it's not a very good time to shave or wax it off when the skin is so sore. So I don't know what to do.

Anyone know why my underwear is rubbing so suddenly when it never did before? Could it be stress? I am under a lot of stress with life at the moment and it's causing me to sweat more. I'm just worried about going to work later because walking about makes the skin really hurt. But I can't not wear underwear.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

17 Sep 2021, 7:46 am

You can cut the hair short with scissors to see better without the irritation of shaving.
Is your pubic hair regrowing after having been shaven? That can be pretty painful.
My friend valued very much baby creams that leave a protective layer to help sores in delicate places heal.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 7:56 am

I understand your predicament. The same thing happens to me.

What has worked for me is rubbing Shea butter around the irritated area. Also: wearing looser underwear.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 8:18 am

I get this kind of chafing when I run sometimes, if I'm not wearing seamless underwear or going long distances. It really sucks.

You have to give it time to heal and try not to further irritate it while its healing. What I do is stick something over it - you can buy rolls of elastoplast or I tend to have kineseology tape around. That protects it while its healing and makes it possible to walk with minimal discomfort because nothing can rub against it. Obviously it's a hairy area so removing the tape is always painful - but it beats the discomfort imo.

You can get anti-chafe creams if you find the problem repeats.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 8:55 am

If you haven't been running marathons or cycling long distance recently, I would bet on opportunistic yeast/fungal infection. Doctor probably would prescribe some topical steroid + antifungal creme. A little baby powder might help to relief it a little. Also I would avoid sugar and white bread until it disappears.

I think chamois, ant-chafe or anti-blister cremes are a waste of money, you shouldn't use it while there is irritation, and after it's healed, you should not need it.

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 8:57 am

But anyway, you should ask your doctor, don't just follow advise of random internet strangers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2021, 9:49 am

I get chafing; it's definitely not "yeast."

It's because of the combination of the fabric of underwear and sweat irritating the chafed area.

There are, of course, cases where yeast or fungus could be the cause of it.

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 11:36 am

I get to have a few similar issues and use hand cream to affected areas, a few times a day, every day. Mostly my hands, knees and some parts of the foot.

christinejarvis21
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Jul 2023, 1:15 pm

Im dealing with that exact same problem in that area too as well as on the sides of my stomach and under my chest area. I've been using petroelum jelly I just have a hard time knowing how much I should put on to make it more comfortable. But would shea butter be better than petroleum jelly?