Page 4 of 7 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 4:07 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Biopics about the following:

The City Bonds Robbery

In 1991, someone robbed a messenger of $500 million in treasury bonds. But the prosecution's two witnesses were both murdered, so no one was ever convicted.

Actually Killed By a Bigfoot?

When 16-year-old Theresa Ann Bier went missing, the 43-year-old man who'd taken her camping with him had an explanation: Bigfoot got her. Clearly, he was lying and was responsible. And yet police released him, but they ended up freeing him altogether, the disappearance still unsolved.

Sulfuric Acid Delivery

In 1986, a truck carrying 5,000 gallons of sulfuric acid crashed in Spain. A man and wife were inside, and their 10-year-old son was too except when rescuers opened the vehicle up, there was no sign of him. It's possible that the couple were chased by drug traffickers who kidnapped the kid, who was never heard from again.

The Sodder Children

Five children died in an accidental 1945 house fire, supposedly. But the fire was suspicious, and in the days before it, an insurance salesman had threatened the family, a salesman who ended up on the jury who declared the fire an accident. Also, someone later said they saw the kids alive.

The Max Headroom Broadcast Intrusion

On November 23rd, 1988 a Chicago TV network was broadcasting an episode of "Doctor Who" when its broadcast was intruded upon by an unknown man dressed in Max Headroom gear. The intrusion lasted for about 90 seconds and of course scared everyone watching the show. The incident gained national attention, but to this day, the man who appeared on TV has never been identified.

The Unexplained Phoenix Lights

On March 13, 1996, a string of 5 lights in a V formation appeared in the sky above Phoenix, Arizona. The National UFO Reporting Center reported that the first call about the lights came in at around 8:16 pm from a retired police officer in Paulden, Arizona. After that, the National UFO Reporting Center began to receive a slew of calls suggesting that the lights were moving in a southeastern direction. Allegedly there were over 700 witnesses who had seen the lights including pilots, police officers, and military officials. Around 10 pm, a second set of as many as 9 lights appeared in the sky. Air traffic controllers could not see the lights on the radar, despite seeing them in the sky with their own eyes. To this day, the unexplained Phoenix lights remain a mystery.

I think we must have very similar YouTube watch history's.

Yes to all of these!

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 4:24 pm

A Biopic of Whittaker Wright - a mining speculator who rose to the very top of British society in the late 1800s. Wright built an incredible mansion in Surrey surrounded by landscaped grounds with a series of bizarre follies (including a glass room under his lake so he could watch the fish) and imported Italian statues. Some of it remains to this day. Wright was found to be manipulating the figures of his many businesses and had actually ripped off many of his investors while he was living a life of unparalleled luxury. Minutes after he was convicted of fraud he swallowed enough cyanide to kill 7 men and was found to have a pistol in his pocket as a failsafe.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 10:58 pm

Would like to see sequels to Terra Nova, the Watchmen and Lovecraft Country.

Also Movie length Star Wars movies on Darth Revan, Mace Windu and Jango Fett.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 11:17 pm

I legitimately would like a movie based off of The Legend of Zelda or Fable. Something like that would make my life. lol

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 12:04 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I legitimately would like a movie based off of The Legend of Zelda or Fable. Something like that would make my life. lol

Cast

Link of Hyrule-- Orlando Blume
Princess Zelda-- Emma Watson
Gannon--Ralph Fiennes

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 12:33 am

Descartes wrote:
I would like to see a faithful adaptation of Stephen King's "Carrie."

Why do you want this? :?

Because it's one of my favorite works of horror.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 6:13 am

cyberdad wrote:

I loved Watchmen but my favorite character was Rorschach. It would suck for me with him gone. Mace and Jango both benefit from what I call the Boba Fett effect, which is common in Star Wars. It's where a minor B or C list character has a fan following all out of proportion with the importance or actual coolness of the character. As for Revan, he was of questionable canonicity before the Disney takeover and almost certainly Legends now. No way would they do a film on just him.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 12:40 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Would like to see sequels to...Watchmen...

YES!

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 12:54 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:

For Tingle I would want the guy who plays Eugene on Walking Dead.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 8:29 pm

cyberdad wrote:

I think there's a TV series prequel or sequel to The Watchmen, but I don't know anything about it.

HeroOfHyrule wrote:

There's a fan-made Ocarina of Time movie, called Hero of Time. It's pretty low budget and cheesy, but you can tell they had a lot of fun making it.

Unfortunately, Nintendo said they had to shut it down after they finished their theatrical run, so the only way to watch it is some lower quality downloads from Daily Motion.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 11:40 pm

i'd like to see a quality remake of "the martian chronicles." i'd like it to be either a tv miniseries available for rental on netflix via DVD, or a movie in theatres. i'd also like to see "the midnight library" filmed or video'ed.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2021, 4:23 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Biopics about the following:

The City Bonds Robbery

In 1991, someone robbed a messenger of $500 million in treasury bonds. But the prosecution's two witnesses were both murdered, so no one was ever convicted.

Actually Killed By a Bigfoot?

When 16-year-old Theresa Ann Bier went missing, the 43-year-old man who'd taken her camping with him had an explanation: Bigfoot got her. Clearly, he was lying and was responsible. And yet police released him, but they ended up freeing him altogether, the disappearance still unsolved.

Sulfuric Acid Delivery

In 1986, a truck carrying 5,000 gallons of sulfuric acid crashed in Spain. A man and wife were inside, and their 10-year-old son was too except when rescuers opened the vehicle up, there was no sign of him. It's possible that the couple were chased by drug traffickers who kidnapped the kid, who was never heard from again.

The Sodder Children

Five children died in an accidental 1945 house fire, supposedly. But the fire was suspicious, and in the days before it, an insurance salesman had threatened the family, a salesman who ended up on the jury who declared the fire an accident. Also, someone later said they saw the kids alive.

The Max Headroom Broadcast Intrusion

On November 23rd, 1988 a Chicago TV network was broadcasting an episode of "Doctor Who" when its broadcast was intruded upon by an unknown man dressed in Max Headroom gear. The intrusion lasted for about 90 seconds and of course scared everyone watching the show. The incident gained national attention, but to this day, the man who appeared on TV has never been identified.

The Unexplained Phoenix Lights

On March 13, 1996, a string of 5 lights in a V formation appeared in the sky above Phoenix, Arizona. The National UFO Reporting Center reported that the first call about the lights came in at around 8:16 pm from a retired police officer in Paulden, Arizona. After that, the National UFO Reporting Center began to receive a slew of calls suggesting that the lights were moving in a southeastern direction. Allegedly there were over 700 witnesses who had seen the lights including pilots, police officers, and military officials. Around 10 pm, a second set of as many as 9 lights appeared in the sky. Air traffic controllers could not see the lights on the radar, despite seeing them in the sky with their own eyes. To this day, the unexplained Phoenix lights remain a mystery.

I think we must have very similar YouTube watch history's.

Yes to all of these!

And a new biopic about The Betty & Barney Hill Incident.

For these unfamiliar with The Hills, they were an interracial couple who claimed that they were abducted by aliens in 1961 as they were returning home from a vacation. After the incident, they found themselves 35 miles away but only had vague recollections of the section of the road. Several days later, both Hills began experiencing many strange events that only happened to them.

Skeptics at the time believed that this incident never happened because it was the stress of being an interracial couple in the 1960s. Betty Hill's rebuttal was that her marriage to Barney was happy and that it caused no problems at all.

If such a movie ever happens, make it like Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 2:55 am

Axeman wrote:
Jabba a Star Wars Story

Star Trek Romulan War ( This would be a trilogy set in Archers era showing the Romulan War and founding of the Federation).

A Justice League film with Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter

A good or even half way decent Fantastic Four film bringing them back into the Marvel fold.

I would like to see a biopic about Graham Stephan.I would like to see a biopic of Billy Sol Estes and another one about the Claytie Williams.

Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 16 Nov 2021, 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 2:57 am

it's time for a remake of "they live."

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2021, 3:18 am

Axeman wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I loved Watchmen but my favorite character was Rorschach. It would suck for me with him gone. Mace and Jango both benefit from what I call the Boba Fett effect, which is common in Star Wars. It's where a minor B or C list character has a fan following all out of proportion with the importance or actual coolness of the character. As for Revan, he was of questionable canonicity before the Disney takeover and almost certainly Legends now. No way would they do a film on just him.

There are some interesting characters in the old republic but, yep, they Level B/C type characters and (yes) Legends isn't Canon so not certified by Lucas.

Mace/jango are slated for stand alone productions but talk on the street it won't happen till 2025. They both might might make cameos in other productions like the Mandalorian season 3, Bad Batch, Book of Boba, Kenobi.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2021, 2:25 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i'd like to see a quality remake of "the martian chronicles." i'd like it to be either a tv miniseries available for rental on netflix via DVD, or a movie in theatres.

MGM bought the film rights to The Martian Chronicles in 1960, but nothing happened.

As of 2012, the film rights are currently in the hands of execs
at Paramount Pictures, so only time could allow it.

On the other hand, a movie (or a series of movies) about The Lewis & Clark Expedition would be nice.