Name some films you would like to see made

Page 3 of 7 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 8:02 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Can this version be found on DVD or any free streaming network?

It's on DVD, but good luck finding the widescreen version. I think it's on BD in widescreen?

I watched it on Tubi or Pluto last year, but I don't know if it's still available, you'd have to check.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 6:33 pm

A new adaptation of Alan Moore's From Hell
(As either a new movie or a mini-series)

A new adaptation of Pippi Longstocking

A remake of The People Under the Stairs

A new adaptation of The Little Shop of Horrors
(As either a new movie or a TV mini-series)

The new adaptation of Clue (even though one is in the works through Universal Pictures)

A new adaptation of The Last Airbender
(As either live-action or animated)

A new adaptation of The Wicker Man

A remake of The Postman

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 8:07 pm

The new adaptation of Clue (even though one is in the works through Universal Pictures)

A remake of The Postman

I'd like a modernization of The Creature from the Black Lagoon. Make the monster truly horrifying and make the plot it's escape and attempt to fill the sewers of NY with it's progeny.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2021, 8:11 pm

I'd also like a modernization of Gremlins, again with truly horrifying Gremlins.

My hypothesis on how they came to be is they were made by Chinese Alchemists as an extermination weapon. Take a harmless Mogway out to a city near a body of water, feed it after midnight, keep it out of the light and then let it loose one night. The Gremlins multiply at the water source and slaughter the town. Then the sun comes up killing them so the infestation is self limiting.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 6:33 pm

Biopics about the following:

The City Bonds Robbery

In 1991, someone robbed a messenger of $500 million in treasury bonds. But the prosecution's two witnesses were both murdered, so no one was ever convicted.

Actually Killed By a Bigfoot?

When 16-year-old Theresa Ann Bier went missing, the 43-year-old man who'd taken her camping with him had an explanation: Bigfoot got her. Clearly, he was lying and was responsible. And yet police released him, but they ended up freeing him altogether, the disappearance still unsolved.

Sulfuric Acid Delivery

In 1986, a truck carrying 5,000 gallons of sulfuric acid crashed in Spain. A man and wife were inside, and their 10-year-old son was too except when rescuers opened the vehicle up, there was no sign of him. It's possible that the couple were chased by drug traffickers who kidnapped the kid, who was never heard from again.

The Sodder Children

Five children died in an accidental 1945 house fire, supposedly. But the fire was suspicious, and in the days before it, an insurance salesman had threatened the family, a salesman who ended up on the jury who declared the fire an accident. Also, someone later said they saw the kids alive.

The Max Headroom Broadcast Intrusion

On November 23rd, 1988 a Chicago TV network was broadcasting an episode of "Doctor Who" when its broadcast was intruded upon by an unknown man dressed in Max Headroom gear. The intrusion lasted for about 90 seconds and of course scared everyone watching the show. The incident gained national attention, but to this day, the man who appeared on TV has never been identified.

The Unexplained Phoenix Lights

On March 13, 1996, a string of 5 lights in a V formation appeared in the sky above Phoenix, Arizona. The National UFO Reporting Center reported that the first call about the lights came in at around 8:16 pm from a retired police officer in Paulden, Arizona. After that, the National UFO Reporting Center began to receive a slew of calls suggesting that the lights were moving in a southeastern direction. Allegedly there were over 700 witnesses who had seen the lights including pilots, police officers, and military officials. Around 10 pm, a second set of as many as 9 lights appeared in the sky. Air traffic controllers could not see the lights on the radar, despite seeing them in the sky with their own eyes. To this day, the unexplained Phoenix lights remain a mystery.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2021, 6:36 pm

Biopics about the following:

The City Bonds Robbery

In 1991, someone robbed a messenger of $500 million in treasury bonds. But the prosecution's two witnesses were both murdered, so no one was ever convicted.

Actually Killed By a Bigfoot?

When 16-year-old Theresa Ann Bier went missing, the 43-year-old man who'd taken her camping with him had an explanation: Bigfoot got her. Clearly, he was lying and was responsible. And yet police released him, but they ended up freeing him altogether, the disappearance still unsolved.

Sulfuric Acid Delivery

In 1986, a truck carrying 5,000 gallons of sulfuric acid crashed in Spain. A man and wife were inside, and their 10-year-old son was too except when rescuers opened the vehicle up, there was no sign of him. It's possible that the couple were chased by drug traffickers who kidnapped the kid, who was never heard from again.

The Sodder Children

Five children died in an accidental 1945 house fire, supposedly. But the fire was suspicious, and in the days before it, an insurance salesman had threatened the family, a salesman who ended up on the jury who declared the fire an accident. Also, someone later said they saw the kids alive.

The Max Headroom Broadcast Intrusion

On November 23rd, 1988 a Chicago TV network was broadcasting an episode of "Doctor Who" when its broadcast was intruded upon by an unknown man dressed in Max Headroom gear. The intrusion lasted for about 90 seconds and of course scared everyone watching the show. The incident gained national attention, but to this day, the man who appeared on TV has never been identified.

The Unexplained Phoenix Lights

On March 13, 1996, a string of 5 lights in a V formation appeared in the sky above Phoenix, Arizona. The National UFO Reporting Center reported that the first call about the lights came in at around 8:16 pm from a retired police officer in Paulden, Arizona. After that, the National UFO Reporting Center began to receive a slew of calls suggesting that the lights were moving in a southeastern direction. Allegedly there were over 700 witnesses who had seen the lights including pilots, police officers, and military officials. Around 10 pm, a second set of as many as 9 lights appeared in the sky. Air traffic controllers could not see the lights on the radar, despite seeing them in the sky with their own eyes. To this day, the unexplained Phoenix lights remain a mystery.

Sulfuric acid will dissolve flesh and bone. It's possible the kid was a sticky puddle next to the vehicle.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 2:25 pm

Axeman wrote:

A remake of The Postman

I'd like a modernization of The Creature from the Black Lagoon. Make the monster truly horrifying and make the plot it's escape and attempt to fill the sewers of NY with it's progeny.

Universal Pictures tried getting Guillermo Del Toro to direct a remake of Creature From the Black Lagoon, but he wouldn't do it unless he was granted the permission from Universal to do his dream project first which is still At The Mountains of Madness with James Cameron as a producer and with Tom Cruise in the lead role.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2021, 3:20 pm

Axeman wrote:

A remake of The Postman

Universal Pictures tried getting Guillermo Del Toro to direct a remake of Creature From the Black Lagoon, but he wouldn't do it unless he was granted the permission from Universal to do his dream project first which is still At The Mountains of Madness with James Cameron as a producer and with Tom Cruise in the lead role.

As in the story by HP Lovecraft? That would rock.

rottingpetal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Oct 2021, 11:17 pm

A Netflix style series that's shot like a movie based on Terrence Mckenna's book, "True Hallucinations." There's no way that wouldn't be a blast. I've wanted this for a while, lol.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 9:20 am

The Tripods Trilogy. I'd probably hate it because it'd get Americanised and I love the TV series too much, even though it went off-book.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 3:48 pm

Axeman wrote:
Axeman wrote:

A remake of The Postman

As in the story by HP Lovecraft?

Yes.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2021, 4:36 pm

I would like to see a faithful adaptation of Stephen King's "Carrie."

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 5:23 am

Nobody here has probably heard of this but I'd like to see the Kitty books by Bel Mooney be merged together into a cartoon or even a non-cartoon film. Now that would be sweet.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 2:34 pm

Descartes wrote:
I would like to see a faithful adaptation of Stephen King's "Carrie."

Why do you want this? :?

Kerch
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 3:52 pm

A DC animated adaption of "The Dark Knight Strikes Again".
Although I imagine they'd try to make it actually good, which would ruin the fun (not to mention they'd probably fail).

Also, a live action film based on the Sláine comics.
Then again, they'd probably stray far from the source material and make it more of a generic medieval fantasy ala LotR or GoT.
You notice I have little faith in the film industry.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2021, 3:59 pm

The story of Annie Londonderry the first woman to cycle around the world in 1895.

Would be a bit like Round the World in 80 days. I think she cheated for part of it. Sounds like a quirky story.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annie_Londonderry