feeling down after a nice day out

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 3:21 pm

I don't know why but I went out and drove my mum down to a wildlife park today in the nice weather for both our birthdays and we both love animals and I don't know why I feel quite blue afterwards and coming back home. It was a pleasant day out and we were really grateful for the pleasant staff to still let us in even though our booking slot was overdue and we were late as we got lost on the road there. After today I seem to feel I may never have a day like this ever again. I've felt like that nearly every time we come back from nice holiday somewhere in the past.

Shellbelle
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 6:37 pm

I can't say why you feel this way, I can only share my experience and hope it may resonate. I used to feel this way often. For me, it meant I needed more enjoyable things in my life and connection to people I appreciate and love. I added more of both in my life, as I could and over time, and now I don't have these feelings the day after something nice.

Maybe it is a positive sign to add more good things, people and experiences into your life?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2021, 7:45 am

Yep. There will be more great days for you, Chris.

I’m glad you pulled this one off!