Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Sep 2021, 8:36 am

The ones I found for free focus on pattern recognition which is rubbish…

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2021, 9:10 am

Technic1 wrote:
The ones I found for free focus on pattern recognition which is rubbish…
Pattern recognition is a significant part of intelligence.

Try this one:
 The Mensa Challenge 

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Sep 2021, 9:31 am

But my physics (throwing light from light, to break the fastest speed possibly known to humans) doesn’t get tested…

I want a more rounded IQ test?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2021, 9:33 am

Technic1 wrote:
But my physics (throwing light from light, to break the fastest speed possibly known to humans) doesn’t get tested…

I want a more rounded IQ test?
If you want an IQ test tailored to your specific talents -- virtually guarantying a high score -- then good luck.

IQ tests are used to help determine your talents, not the other way around.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2021, 10:04 am

I don't think that I've ever seen or heard of an IQ test that wasn't pattern recognizing based.
This is the reason why I never say that I'm intelligent, just that I'm pretty good at taking IQ tests.

/Mats

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Sep 2021, 11:22 am

Fnord wrote:
Technic1 wrote:

IQ tests are used to help determine your talents, not the other way around.[/color]

Any suggestions?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2021, 11:45 am

I have already given you one suggestion; let us see how well you do with it.

But if you believe you can exceed the speed of light, then you need more than an IQ test -- you need an education.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2021, 2:06 pm

Just about every "FREE" IQ test ive seen on the internet sneakily demands payment for the result, after spending 30 min answering questions.

Anyone know a proper accurate (not a 10 min 30 questions) one that is actually free with no payment or obligations?

- George Bernie Shaw

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Sep 2021, 4:07 am

Are you telling me that if I went to. A professional for an iq test that they would ‘use pattern recognition?

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 8:47 am

I would expect that.
IQ tests measures your ability to answer IQ tests, not your inteligence.

/Mats

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 8:49 am

Technic1 wrote:
Are you telling me that if I went to a professional for an IQ test that they would use pattern recognition?
That is likely to be the case.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 9:26 am

At least within the Wechsler's and the Stanford-Binet (two of the more conventional IQ tests), there is a "verbal" score and there is a "performance" score.

"Pattern recognition" is an aspect within a "performance" assessment.

A knowledge of physics would fit more under a "verbal" assessment.

I believe many IQ tests, without the intention, are biased towards a "western" upbringing. This is one reason why people from Africa tend to score "lower," on average, than people from Europe.

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 10:22 am

I wonder, have you been diagnosed?
Because during my asessment I did several inteligence tests, most but not all were pattern recognition based. Some math, some vocabulary, some "common knowlege".
None necesarily directly connected to inteligence, but it painted a picture.

/Mats

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Sep 2021, 5:42 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
At least within the Wechsler's and the Stanford-Binet (two of the more conventional IQ tests), there is a "verbal" score and there is a "performance" score.

"Pattern recognition" is an aspect within a "performance" assessment.

A knowledge of physics would fit more under a "verbal" assessment.

I believe many IQ tests, without the intention, are biased towards a "western" upbringing. This is one reason why people from Africa tend to score "lower," on average, than people from Europe.

Thank you. I tried the Stanford Binet test but could not answer all the questions in time, I was in the 3rd percentile…is that good or bad?

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2022, 4:44 am

Image Verbal. By a psychometrician. Available at https://iqexams.net/index.php. Pay for instant result. Or wait several weeks to get it for free. I did it when it was 'send to'.