What percentage of you have been or are in a relationship?

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

What percentage of you are or have been in a relationship?
1 relationship 12%  12%  [ 3 ]
2 relationships 12%  12%  [ 3 ]
3 relationships 28%  28%  [ 7 ]
4 relationships 12%  12%  [ 3 ]
5 relationships 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
6-8 relationships 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
8-10 relationships 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
10-12 relationships 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
12 or more 16%  16%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 25

Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 12:34 am

Quote:
Yes, in a relationship now, and it is the only serious relationship I've ever had. We've been together 22 years.

Seems similar to my case. Only one serious relationship and it has lasted 11 years. Celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary this summer. I was 23 when we got together so I never spent much time in the dating business. As for sex, we were both virgins when we met and haven't been with anyone else. Makes for lots of opportunities for mutual exploration.

No regrets. If it had been possible I would've married her earlier.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 1:13 am

Two long-term relationships, then a short one, then a long one with marriage. We married in 2007 and separated in 2010. I moved back in with her in 2012 and we've been happily separated together ever since.

Last edited by renaeden on 21 Sep 2021, 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offset
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Sep 2021, 1:21 am

Why the hell isn't there a zero option? I'm black and gay and autistic, and sadly, I've never had a boyfriend/relationship, due to obvious reasons. I really want one, and dream about finding a guy, and a man for me someday. Even though I'm 30 years old, and you can see why I'm most displeased and salty at the moment smh lol. I rather not get into obvious or complicated reasonings or explanations as to why this is the case. I mean I could explain, (*cough* *hack* LGBTQ community not being accepting of people with autism. Autism community being homophobic. *cough* *hack*) but I could also explain the time and space continuum, and that would probably be easier to relay and go through lol. Thank you for triggering me, and making me mad, with this damn stupid ass thread. Smh.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 5:42 am

1986 wrote:
Seems similar to my case. Only one serious relationship and it has lasted 11 years. Celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary this summer. I was 23 when we got together so I never spent much time in the dating business. As for sex, we were both virgins when we met and haven't been with anyone else. Makes for lots of opportunities for mutual exploration.

No regrets. If it had been possible I would've married her earlier.

Very sweet :)

My partner and I have known each other since 7th grade, but we had become friends in high school. We were both the outcasts in school, so we could always be found hiding in the library (and taking in as much information as humanly possible). He was obsessed with astrophysics, and I loved poetry, philosophy, and art. I had little interest in relationships (I fluctuate between asexual and hypersexual, and I was asexual at that time), but with time our friendship grew into something more.

We married when I was 20. Very young, but I was desperate to shed my family name (so much abuse attached to it) and join his family. It seemed like it would simplify things on a lot of other levels as well. I have no regrets, and it is absolutely the most successful area of my life. I'm a failure when it comes to keeping jobs and friendships. I can barely drive myself or walk into store without being overloaded, drained, and/or having a meltdown. Even minor changes disrupt my calm. I have chronic health issues to boot. Somehow I got really lucky and found a partner that loves me despite all of that. He is my constant, and I am his. I have no idea how I got so lucky.

Velorum
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 5:47 am

Three significant relationships - all of which have resulted in marriage.

"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results" Albert Einstein

Non-binary member of the LGBTQ+ community

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 7:41 am

I have two ex husbands and have had one long term girlfriend. Beyond that, eh. I have been involved with people, but nothing too serious/involved, most of them being atypical relationships for one reason or another. Example, I currently have a fwb, which is a good fit for me since I struggle with being emotionally invested in others in ways that matter to them. They end up needing/wanting more from me than I seem to be able to give.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 9:05 am

0 %. Not for the lack of effort, but I just don't really attract people in that sense and the few that I have somewhat attracted (have gotten on dates with) have not been such good matches that they'd actually develop to relationships.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 9:57 am

Offset wrote:
Why the hell isn't there a zero option? I'm black and gay and autistic, and sadly, I've never had a boyfriend/relationship, due to obvious reasons. I really want one, and dream about finding a guy, and a man for me someday. Even though I'm 30 years old, and you can see why I'm most displeased and salty at the moment smh lol. I rather not get into obvious or complicated reasonings or explanations as to why this is the case. I mean I could explain, (*cough* *hack* LGBTQ community not being accepting of people with autism. Autism community being homophobic. *cough* *hack*) but I could also explain the time and space continuum, and that would probably be easier to relay and go through lol. Thank you for triggering me, and making me mad, with this damn stupid ass thread. Smh.

I feel for you. I am also autistic, bisexual in living in a extremely homophobic society. I have been attracted to Women lately but since i have no chance to pursue it they Just remained crushes. (My current crush lives in a different continent)

And the men where i live are extremely sexist, see women as basically potential Mothers and homemakers. Marriages without children are rare here and since i don't want children i will probably remain single all my life. I feel alienated even among autistic people here.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 12:31 am

I had many sexual relationships and one marriage, but they were based on my partner's assumptions and illusions about me, which wore thin sooner or later. Only in the last, best one did I try to be myself more and it was the only one that was ended by me, due to inadequate compatibility. The last encounter was a decade ago. However, I have had a close male friend, and now that he is moving, I'm experiencing "missing someone" much more distinctly than ever before. Even the "relationship" I had with my parents was very simple and businesslike.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 5:00 am

does being sexually molested and raped count? Does being sexually victimized and intimidated, manipulated into sex count? Is this trying to check to see if you might be missing something out of life? Relationships have nothing to do with how many times or with how many people you have sex.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson