Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2021, 11:02 am

Every person I’ve met that’s on disability turns out to be not the right friend for me. To begin with, they all smoke. It’s hard to trust them because of their lifestyle choices. The last two were men that had to take antipsychotic meds. Thought that meant I had something in common with them. They seemed nice at first. Then seemed downright dangerous. Can’t listen to everything they tell me at mental health. They said it would be alright to live in a halfway house for men that’s not staffed. They told me it would be okay to make friends with men that need to take antipsychotic meds. It was not. They told me my medication would not have side effects, there are millions. Tired of all the lies. Going to think for myself from now on. Might continue to get help from mental health. But won’t listen to every word they say from now on. I haven’t felt like doing anything lately. It’s not burnout. Just don’t have motivation after getting my ass kicked by life. I’m getting therapy though. I know I need help. I feel like running away like a wayward teenager. But anyway. Think I’ll be alright if I be careful who I hang around. Oh and mental health is getting me involved in activities and get togethers. So there you go. Hopefully they can help me drag my ass forward.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 8:14 am

Yep. I agree with you seeking decent people to hang out with.

Ideally, people who don't take recreational drugs and don't drink to excess.

You folks have been sort of lucky with the hurricanes lately; they've gone east of you.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 11:12 am

Yes Kraftie hopefully it stays like that. The west coast is lucky most of the time. Like they hardly ever get weather like that do they. I’d like to visit the west at some point. BC and/ or Washington. So that would be pretty easy for me. All I need is money!! lol

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 11:18 am

I had a pretty good day yesterday despite the fact I wrote that depressing post. I wonder if it’s because the weather has been mild and sunny yesterday and today. It’s been a pretty rainy late summer where I live. Can’t believe how much the weather has been effecting my mood lately.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 7:35 pm

Nice weather always helps......

When the weather is nice, it seems like it's "nicer" in places which don't get too much nice weather.