This isn't the Last Pandemic
Or Necessarily One That Still
Comes That Vaccinations Don't Touch...
Even Ones Still Propagated in Variants
of the Current Pandemic in 'Petri Dishes'

of Unvaccinated
Folks Concentrated
in Places Like Churches
In Places of Ignorance Around our Country still...

This is Way More Complicated Than Just A

Pandemic of the Unvaccinated...

And Potentially More Deadly

Than MOST FOLKS ARE

CONCEIVING OF NOW...

Of Course, Ironically,
This is Coming From
A Very Conservative
View Point Regarding

The Value of Healthcare
And Well Being of All Associated
With "Love One Another;" Yes, All of Us Together
That Seems Like Such a 'Foreign' Idea to Some

Folks at

Most

In Just
Plain Ignorance

Of Love FOR ALL At Least For Sure...

If Folks Developed A Kind of Education
That Was More Compassionate Towards
All Their Fellow Human Beings; Yes, Empathy
Would Spell Wear A Mask That Spells Love the
Same And Yes Get Vaccinated to Save a Neighbor the (Love) Same...

Ironically, The Same Essence of the 'Love Story of Jesus' That Somehow,
Someways, in Ignorance Of Those Who Profess to Follow the Teaching of

So Called

"Jesus
of Nazareth"

Fail to Act ON,
Even if they Pay (Pray)
Lip Service Only With Ears...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 11:16 am

carlos55 wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
ng out with us. Something like that.

As someone who has received the vaccine your science is simply not true.

The vaccine never stopped you getting COVID just reduced chances of dying from it.

This is obvious when looking at numbers from the neutral worldometer website which shows more people including vaccinated getting covid than this time last year.

As far as transmission data is concerned this is simply based on the fact that the more sick you are the more likely you’ll spead it. If the vaccine means you’ll get less sick your less likely to spead it.

The same with masks where data is based on ordinary flu or colds where if someone coughs they cough into the mask rather than up to 10 feet in the air. But covid will still come through the masks just less so.

However this is all based on the fact that a very sick person will be walking around town visiting shops and drinking in bars as opposed to at home in bed which is unlikely.

Some people have mild or no symptoms but they are less likely to cough the virus out in the normal way.

So what we have here is a lot of deliberate gov misinformation to encourage vaccination and mask wearing.

It’s not altogether a bad thing but at the same time not to get a false sense of security.

So...you're saying that "if what I said were 100 percent proven then you would 100 percent agree with me, but since its only 75 percent proven you only 75 percent agree with me."

Okay. Thanks for still essentially agreeing with me.
:lol:

You havent shown that waiving masking rules and not getting vaccinated is a good idea (for either the individual, or for society).

The way I see it as that this is the London Blitz. We are all huddling in the subways while the foreign enemy is bombing us in the Blitz. Covid is like an invading human army. And we admit to having imperfect military intelligence on it. So we do the best we can with what we have.

slam_thunderhide
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Sep 2021, 12:19 pm

Fnord wrote:
Tross wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Tross wrote:
What to do with anti-vax/anti-maskers...
Just ignore them.  Those who do not come to their senses will likely die.  Either way, the problem will solve itself.
Ouch, and here I was thinking my view would come off as kind of harsh. The death part aside, ignoring the behaviour or enacting the necessary punishment where needed is probably the best course of action, especially when considering things from an ABA standpoint.

If the actions of these people stops leading to them gaining what they want, and also, if the consequences end up actually being negative, perhaps the behaviour will eventually decrease, if not stop altogether. We as individuals and as a society need to be firm and consistent though in order for that end to be achieved. If only the whole pandemic wasn't politicized... :roll:
Here is something else to consider: Most people who believe all the conspiracy theories about the covid vaccines (which they refuse to get), wearing face masks (which they refuse to do), and avoiding crowded public events (which they also refuse to do) also seem to believe the conspiracy theories about stolen elections, false-flag rallies, cannibalistic paedophiles running pizza parlours, and so forth.

The Darwin Effect may eventually diminish their numbers far enough that they do not have any significant influence on upcoming elections.

In other words, those who wanted to make America
 white  great again may literally be a dying breed.

Actually, according to the following article, Blacks and Hispanics in the US are less likely than Whites to have received a vaccine.

Quote:
https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-1 ... ethnicity/

Latest Data on COVID-19 Vaccinations by Race/Ethnicity
Published: Sep 09, 2021

.. Black and Hispanic people remain less likely than their White counterparts to have received a vaccine, leaving them at increased risk, particularly as the variant spreads ...

But I suppose if Blacks and Hispanics are less likely than Whites to have received a vaccine, that's probably White people's fault too, right?

And besides, if Blacks and Hispanics are mistrusting of the authorities, that would be so much more understandable than for White people to be similarly skeptical right?

I mean, any interpretation of the facts on the ground will do so long as White liberals can keep on pointing and sputtering about the "bad Whites" - that's all that matters, right?

(And in case anyone is wondering, I am White, I live in the UK, and I'm double-vaccinated.)

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 2:55 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
carlos55 wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
ng out with us. Something like that.

As someone who has received the vaccine your science is simply not true.

The vaccine never stopped you getting COVID just reduced chances of dying from it.

This is obvious when looking at numbers from the neutral worldometer website which shows more people including vaccinated getting covid than this time last year.

As far as transmission data is concerned this is simply based on the fact that the more sick you are the more likely you’ll spead it. If the vaccine means you’ll get less sick your less likely to spead it.

The same with masks where data is based on ordinary flu or colds where if someone coughs they cough into the mask rather than up to 10 feet in the air. But covid will still come through the masks just less so.

However this is all based on the fact that a very sick person will be walking around town visiting shops and drinking in bars as opposed to at home in bed which is unlikely.

Some people have mild or no symptoms but they are less likely to cough the virus out in the normal way.

So what we have here is a lot of deliberate gov misinformation to encourage vaccination and mask wearing.

It’s not altogether a bad thing but at the same time not to get a false sense of security.

So...you're saying that "if what I said were 100 percent proven then you would 100 percent agree with me, but since its only 75 percent proven you only 75 percent agree with me."

Okay. Thanks for still essentially agreeing with me.
:lol:

You havent shown that waiving masking rules and not getting vaccinated is a good idea (for either the individual, or for society).

The way I see it as that this is the London Blitz. We are all huddling in the subways while the foreign enemy is bombing us in the Blitz. Covid is like an invading human army. And we admit to having imperfect military intelligence on it. So we do the best we can with what we have.

Just saying your over exaggerating the impact of vaccines. They don`t do anything for herd immunity as they dont stop you getting COVID.

Its fair to say that vaccines dont do anything other than give your immune system a head start in dealing with the virus, reducing the chances of dying from it.

It has little impact on others i.e transmission. This can be clearly seen on the neutral worldometers site where cases are at crazy levels now compared to same time last year, both in US & UK, Not sure the % of US vaccinated but the UK (bottom link) gives a better idea as vaccination levels is close to 90% but picture speaks for itself

Looks like a dark winter ahead if the two graphs is anything to go by:

US:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

uk

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

- George Bernie Shaw

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 6:51 pm

All of this may be true, but its more fun to blame white people. :D

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 9:08 pm

slam_thunderhide wrote:

But I suppose if Blacks and Hispanics are less likely than Whites to have received a vaccine, that's probably White people's fault too, right?

And besides, if Blacks and Hispanics are mistrusting of the authorities, that would be so much more understandable than for White people to be similarly skeptical right?

If you've study US extensively, you will see that yes, actually, it is white people's fault, not that I would ever say it so starkly. Black citizens were subject to testing without their knowledge, and were intentionally injected with deadly viruses without their knowledge. These experiments are a huge stain on US history. Sorry I don't have more details at my fingertips. People of color are also routinely patronized by the medical community and their descriptions of symptoms discounted. The disparate treatment comes up in glaring black and white when you see medical stats divided by race.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 9:13 pm

carlos55 wrote:
It has little impact on others i.e transmission.

I disagree. Those who are vaccinated as less likely to carry and spread the virus at all, by 1/4. That is a significant reduction in the available hosts spreading the infection. The vaccines may not have met the high hopes that they could magically end the pandemic, but they ARE a significant weapon against the spread of the pandemic, currently the clear BEST weapon, and should not be discounted.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 9:53 pm

Wow, this discussion certainly took off way more than I expected. My stance is that people can believe what they want to believe, but the second that people other than themselves are affected, their "my body, my rules" defense falls apart. I'm sorry, but are they insinuating that their "rights" to walk around without a mask and refuse to take a simple jab or do anything whatsoever to combat the pandemic supersedes the right of older people and those with compromised immune systems to live? I don't think they're intentionally being sadists, but that's mostly because I don't think they're really thinking much at all.

The fact that this whole thing has been politicized when it really shouldn't have just makes everything worse. Do you know what's apolitical? A virus. Let the record show that none of us love wearing masks, having to make appointments to get vaccines, or putting up with all the other protocols that we didn't have to deal with up until last year. Sure, the pandemic has brought more than its fair share of financial anxiety. Not being thrilled with the way things are now is to be expected, but we're all in this together, or at least we should be.

Making people out to be villains for trying to save lives is a big reason why I just can't get along with a certain group of people. :roll: They can complain all they want, but they shouldn't drag other people down with them. Also, in regions with proper protocols, they still aren't going to be allowed into most stores and restaurants. In fact, they may just end up in prison instead at the rate they're going, and I can guarantee they're not getting their White Spot burger there. Well, they can do what they want, but any consequences they have to suffer as a result are on them.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 5:16 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
slam_thunderhide wrote:

If you've study US extensively, you will see that yes, actually, it is white people's fault, not that I would ever say it so starkly. Black citizens were subject to testing without their knowledge, and were intentionally injected with deadly viruses without their knowledge. These experiments are a huge stain on US history. Sorry I don't have more details at my fingertips. People of color are also routinely patronized by the medical community and their descriptions of symptoms discounted. The disparate treatment comes up in glaring black and white when you see medical stats divided by race.

That's only part of it. Blacks in the US believe in crap like faith healing and weird pseudoscience more so than whites. This vaccine is being given for free in the US to everyone. There is no excuse to not get one.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 10:03 am

If they don't want to be vaccinated, then they can expect to be "segregated" and "discriminated against" when jobs start requiring everyone to be vaccinated or when stores want masks required or no entry. This is already happening where I live and it's funny seeing them rant and whine about it.

If they can't afford to get one, they can get one for free, I got mine for free. Of course this may fall under systematic racism since it's shown that POC are unvaccinated more than whites.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 10:30 am

Bashing, hating and mocking them is just going rub them up the wrong way.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 10:35 am

smudge wrote:
So?

As long as they are bashing, hating, and mocking anyone who appears in public while wearing a mask, I do not care if their feelings get hurt by being denied access to any private business that requires its customers to wear masks.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 10:35 am

smudge wrote:

They could listen to John Nolte and pretend it's all an organized act of reverse psychology and take the vaccine just to spite the radical left boogiemen.

Or they can earn more Herman Cain awards.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 11:04 am

Fnord wrote:
smudge wrote:
So?

As long as they are bashing, hating, and mocking anyone who appears in public while wearing a mask, I do not care if their feelings get hurt by being denied access to any private business that requires its customers to wear masks.

Live and let live, from both sides.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 11:39 am

smudge wrote:
Fnord wrote:
smudge wrote:
So?  As long as they are bashing, hating, and mocking anyone who appears in public while wearing a mask, I do not care if their feelings get hurt by being denied access to any private business that requires its customers to wear masks.
Live and let live, from both sides.
Or, in my view of the unvaccinated "Purebloods": Live and let die.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 12:32 pm

The ones who call themselves purebloods (Which I'm sure they can't have meant seriously) or the non-bullying unvaccinated minding their own business too?