Page 4 of 12 [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 12:47 pm

People not getting vaccinated are perpetuating the Pandemic.

I wouldn't wish death upon a willfully unvaccinated person--but I have the right to think of them as non-thinking folk.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 1:58 pm

Axeman wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
slam_thunderhide wrote:

But I suppose if Blacks and Hispanics are less likely than Whites to have received a vaccine, that's probably White people's fault too, right?

And besides, if Blacks and Hispanics are mistrusting of the authorities, that would be so much more understandable than for White people to be similarly skeptical right?

If you've study US extensively, you will see that yes, actually, it is white people's fault, not that I would ever say it so starkly. Black citizens were subject to testing without their knowledge, and were intentionally injected with deadly viruses without their knowledge. These experiments are a huge stain on US history. Sorry I don't have more details at my fingertips. People of color are also routinely patronized by the medical community and their descriptions of symptoms discounted. The disparate treatment comes up in glaring black and white when you see medical stats divided by race.

That's only part of it. Blacks in the US believe in crap like faith healing and weird pseudoscience more so than whites. This vaccine is being given for free in the US to everyone. There is no excuse to not get one.

Have you thought about why they are more likely to choose to believe in those alternatives? You don't think it is all connected?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 2:06 pm

smudge wrote:
The ones who call themselves purebloods (Which I'm sure they can't have meant seriously) or the non-bullying unvaccinated minding their own business too?
Both are contribution to the mutation and spread of the coronavirus -- there is no unvaccinated person who is "minding their own business" as long as other people can die from the virus.

Now, just to be clear, I am not demanding that no effort be made to spare their lives if they should become infected; instead, I am saying that they made their choices, and far be it from me that I should impose my choices upon them.

Because if it was all up to me, everyone* would receive a covid vaccine whether they want it or not.

(*Exceptions would be made for pre-existing medical conditions.)

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 2:32 pm

Axeman wrote:
Fine them, jail them, and ban them from public places.
Note: If you jail them they should not mind if the detention facility does not have expensive COVID-19 safety precautions.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 8:23 pm

League_Girl wrote:
If they don't want to be vaccinated, then they can expect to be "segregated" and "discriminated against" when jobs start requiring everyone to be vaccinated...
The funny thing is, jobs have had all sorts of requirements for ages. Many require all sorts of credentials, and one could probably make a case that requiring medical practitioners to have an appropriate degree is discrimination against the uneducated who wish to apply for such a position, but I doubt anyone would suddenly be against that for a number of reasons that should be pretty apparent. Requiring something free that anyone can have is far from the biggest hoop to jump through for a lot of jobs.

As for the act of businesses refusing to serve people...perhaps it's high time someone reminds them which group it was who advocated for the longest time for businesses to have sovereignty over such matters without being considered to be in violation of any rights. :lol:

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 8:33 pm

Perhaps we should shove them all into gas chambers while we're at it.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 1:58 pm

smudge wrote:
Well, if we did that they actually would have cause to compare the pandemic to the Holocaust. I guess we wouldn't have to call them complete morons in that case, so that would kind of be a win for them, even if it would cost them their lives.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 2:04 pm

Tross wrote:
smudge wrote:
Well, if we did that they actually would have cause to compare the pandemic to the Holocaust. I guess we wouldn't have to call them complete morons in that case, so that would kind of be a win for them, even if it would cost them their lives.
I made an anonymous referral to Forest Lawn and the Neptune Society for someone who has drank the Kool-Aid on vaccine conspiracy theories.  I hope he gets the hint, because direct confrontations have not worked.  If he does not, then the Hell with him.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 2:45 pm

If you're vaccinated and the vaccine works, why are you worried about people who aren't vaccinated?

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 4:10 pm

Bataar wrote:
If you're vaccinated and the vaccine works, why are you worried about people who aren't vaccinated?
(a) Some people are unvaccinated because they cannot be vaccinated, either due to medical conditions or being too young. The fewer voluntarily unvaccinated people there are the less danger there is for the involuntarily unvaccinated people.

(b) The vaccines are known to not be 100% effective. Getting the vaccine makes it more likely you are protected but does not guarantee it. Even though we may not know who they are we know there are a whole lot of fully-vaccinated people out there who are not fully-protected. The fewer voluntarily unvaccinated people there are the less danger there is for the fully-vaccinated people whose vaccination didn't work as well.

(c) The more virus there is in the population the more virus replication is taking place. We know that the virus sometimes mutates when it replicates, the more replication there is the more chances there are for it to mutate. Giving the virus more opportunities to mutate gives it more opportunity to mutate into something that can get past the vaccine (or, as with the Delta variant, to get better at spreading). The fewer voluntarily unvaccinated people there are the less danger there is for everyone.

(d) The voluntarily unvaccinated people are more likely to get sick, more likely to need hospital space, and more likely to need ICU space. Current news stories emphasize that the voluntarily unvaccinated people are straining medical resources in a number of places--making medical resources less available for people who need it for reasons unrelated to the Pandemic. The fewer voluntarily unvaccinated people there are the more medical care remains available for people who are not idiots.

Your freedoms do not include recklessly and unnecessarily endangering everyone else!

P.S. And if lots of voluntarily unvaccinated people unnecessarily need medical care...who's paying for that unnecessary medical care? Wouldn't insurance rates and taxes go up for everyone?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 4:33 pm

Bataar wrote:

Because we want this all to end and the more people that get vaccinated, the sooner the masks will be uplifted and the restrictions. I am glad everything is pretty much opened back up but some places are still restricted and it would be nice to not have to wear a mask anymore. That was great about being in Montana. But I still carry a mask with me just in case any places require it or no service.

I mean if unvaccinated people don't want to be vaccinated, well let them get Covid. I don't care.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 4:41 pm

Bataar wrote:
1) Some of them are my own relatives, friends, or coworkers.

2) Death by covid is a horribly lonely and painful way to die.

3) Covid spreads and mutates mostly among the unvaccinated.

4) If I do not try to convince the unvaxxed to receive the vaccine, then I have failed as a human being.

But if they are determined to kill themselves -- like smokers, drunks, and junkies -- then so be it. I wash my hands of their self-demolition.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 5:24 pm

Bataar wrote:

The question is what defines “works”

I am afraid because it does not stop my chances from catching it from them it lowers it.

I’m very fearful of Long Covid even more then COVID. That is because I have significant lifelong effects from a stroke and tongue cancer. It do not want anymore long or permanent physical disabilities.

Part of my permanent disease caused disabilities is difficulty with speak and swallow. The last thing I need is to catch a disease that will make my lungs look like Swiss cheese.

There is a whole lot of uncertainty about how much more risk the unvaccinated have put me at. But they have willfully put me at more risk causing me to make decisions that impair my life.

And the current anti vaxx movement has some roots in the idea vaccines cause autism. In other words I am some kind of mutant and not the good X-Men type. The type some want to cure via bleach enemas. I am highly offended by that.

Except for those who for medical reasons can not be vaccinated I am really unhappy with them and am unable to to make a rational decision as to what if anything to do with them.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 5:48 pm

Off Topic
League_Girl wrote:
Bataar wrote:

Because we want this all to end and the more people that get vaccinated, the sooner the masks will be uplifted and the restrictions. I am glad everything is pretty much opened back up but some places are still restricted and it would be nice to not have to wear a mask anymore. That was great about being in Montana. But I still carry a mask with me just in case any places require it or no service.

I mean if unvaccinated people don't want to be vaccinated, well let them get Covid. I don't care.
Not having to wear masks would be nice. But my bride found some that I'm rather comfy in. So, no matter where I'm going or what I'm planning to do I put a mask on before I get into my car and I leave the mask on until I return home; I even wear a mask when I'm just going to drop something into a curbside mailbox. This way I don't have to think about it, I have a mask on and don't have to fumble with it.

In July the number of daily new cases in our state were low for awhile (and we were fully-vaccinated) so we ventured out to eat. A couple of times the mask surprised me during fast-food lunches. I forgot to take the mask off before I tried to put food in my mouth! :lol:

I'll also admit I am amused by having to have a mask on when I go into a bank. :)

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 2:14 am

League_Girl wrote:
I'm with you to a degree. If it was just those people getting sick with COVID, well, that's a natural consequence. Because other people are being affected by their choices though, that's a problem.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 2:21 am

lets put them in concentration**uhum* quarantine camps

but first ; forbid them to buy and sell