Page 5 of 12 [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 2:45 am

Bataar wrote:
If you're vaccinated and the vaccine works, why are you worried about people who aren't vaccinated?

1) Because the unvaccinated are prolonging the crises by keeping the pandemic going by allowing the virus to spread by offering themselves up as hosts for the virus.

2)Most importantly- they not only prolong the pandemic -they increase the chances for the virus to mutate into resistant strains. Strains that might over power the existing vaccines- thereby messing up things for for the sane folks like me who got vaccines.

3) On top of the self interested reasons above- ever hear of common decency? I am concerned with all of those folks dying.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 9:04 am

Tross wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
I mean if unvaccinated people don't want to be vaccinated, well let them get Covid. I don't care.
I'm with you to a degree. If it was just those people getting sick with COVID, well, that's a natural consequence. Because other people are being affected by their choices though, that's a problem.
Nope. Not with you at all.

Their reckless stupidity endangers everyone.

Sigh. Even if they all decided to drink bleach the survivors would also strain the medical system.

Last edited by Double Retired on 25 Sep 2021, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 10:25 am

How about we bring back the stocks? :twisted:
Then they can’t move freely about infecting people.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 10:37 am

Quote:
What To Do With Anti-Vax/Anti-Maskers...

Put em in a bag and shake em up

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 11:56 am

Protests per se should not be outlawed -- that would be a severe violation of freedom of speech.

But blocking ambulances from getting to their destination is probably already illegal. Any relevant laws should be enforced. Ditto for other interference with the activities of hospitals and schools.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 12:06 pm

Nades wrote:
Getting the vaccine and still wearing a mask is equally stupid unless the aim of the game is to turn everyone's immune system into a shriveled husk of what it once was.

Unfortunately, the vaccine doesn't completely prevent COVID although it does greatly reduce the likelihood of severe COVID.

Also, the main purpose of masks is not to protect the wearer, but to protect other people from viruses carried by the wearer.

Nades wrote:
As far as I'm concerned the pandemic is over now for most of the western world. Everyone who might have been vulnerable to the virus has now been offered their vaccine and the vaccine centers near me have now started to close. There is nothing more that can be done and the limit of what science can do has been reached.

If the vaccine centers near you are starting to close, that's way premature. 10% of Americans are unvaccinated but willing.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 12:08 pm

What will we do with the anti-vaxxer
Early in the morning?

Make him breathe with a ventilator
Early in the morning!

:wink: I'm sure others can make up more verses...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 12:44 pm

https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/

Just gonna leave this here. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 2:11 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Bataar wrote:
If you're vaccinated and the vaccine works, why are you worried about people who aren't vaccinated?

1) Because the unvaccinated are prolonging the crises by keeping the pandemic going by allowing the virus to spread by offering themselves up as hosts for the virus.

"Fully vaccinated people with Delta variant breakthrough infections can spread the virus to others. "

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... l#:~:text=•%20Fully%20vaccinated%20people%20with,the%20virus%20to%20others.

So vaccinated people are prolonging COVID too.

Be the hero of your life.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 4:19 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Bataar wrote:

"Fully vaccinated people with Delta variant breakthrough infections can spread the virus to others. "

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... l#:~:text=•%20Fully%20vaccinated%20people%20with,the%20virus%20to%20others.

"Ad Hominem Tu Quoque" much?

While vaccinated people may carry the virus for a day or two, unvaccinated people (from whom vaccinated people are more likely to catch the virus) carry the virus much longer -- some for the rest of their lives.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 4:20 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Bataar wrote:

Well...at least they're doing their best to not tie up hospital and ICU space that others might need.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2021, 4:24 pm

Double Retired wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Bataar wrote:

Well...at least they're doing their best to not tie up hospital and ICU space that others might need.
AND we, the vaccinated, are far less likely to die than those anti-science Luddites who pretend to be smarter than us.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 6:14 am

Fnord wrote:
AND we, the vaccinated, are far less likely to die than those anti-science Luddites who pretend to be smarter than us.

When did you have your last shot?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 7:47 am

As for me, I had my last shot April 6th.

I had flu-like symptoms the day after the shot----but I still was able to walk 10 miles.

I don't know if people should be losing jobs over vaccination. I believe frequent testing of the non-vaccinated (more than once a week) is a suitable compromise. I think it's absurd that a few health care workers are refusing to get vaccinated over some political, libertarian sort of point that has to be made.

The vaccine mandates are based on the results of research, not on a political agenda.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 7:51 am

Double Retired wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Bataar wrote:

There is also the issue that people that desperately need surgeries are being told “not at this time” because of so many COVID cases involving the anti-vaxxed. Would you want to be put your life on hold because of someone being stupid in their life choices? How would you feel if a loved one died while waiting because of this issue? Anti-vaxxed people are selfish at best.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 8:33 am

QuantumChemist wrote:
[...] There is also the issue that people that desperately need surgeries are being told “not at this time” because of so many COVID cases involving the anti-vaxxed. Would you want to be put your life on hold because of someone being stupid in their life choices? How would you feel if a loved one died while waiting because of this issue? Anti-vaxxed people are selfish at best.
Stupid people making the wrong choice are prolonging the pandemic, not the people getting vaccinated against it.