Page 2 of 12 [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 7:15 am

Fnord wrote:
Tross wrote:
What to do with anti-vax/anti-maskers...
Just ignore them.  Those who do not come to their senses will likely die.  Either way, the problem will solve itself.

A) Total BS

B)Its the SAME BS antivaxxers themselves spout.

Ironically you're using the exact same non logic that i guy I work with uses to DEFEND antivaxxers.

He says "refusing to get a vaccine is a personal decision" that only effects the person making the decision. Thats what you're saying too. That is exactly where you are both wrong.

The problem is that that decision effects the rest of us too- in too many ways. You cant just let antivaxxers kill themselves off.

1) Antivaxxers prolong the crises. If a large chunk of the population refused to get vaccinated then we cant reach herd immunity, and it prolongs the pandemic, and prolongs the stress to society that the crises is causing.

2) Stress on the healthcare system: the unvaccinated are the ones who get the infection, and are the ones who end up in the hospital. Because of their large numbers this group who choose to be unprotected end up swamping the hospital system -denying beds to those who need the hospital for other medical emergencies, and they threaten to collapse the community's entire hospital system itself. Thats already happening in Idaho. You have to got to Washington state if you get sick in Idaho now.

3)Viral variants: The more folks refuse to be vaccinated means the more folks who get the virus which means the more chances humans give the virus to...MUTATE...into new strains. If the virus is allowed a large population of unvaccinated human hosts to live in and to breed in it increases the odds that a new strain will appear that will be immune the vaccines we already have. There by ...screwing over all of us sane people who already DID get vaccines by rendering our vaccines useless! Thanks alot antivaxxers for killing the rest of us with you! :evil:

The solution?

I would go with civil rather than criminal sanctions.

Tell everyone they can have their precious FREEDOM to not get vaccines. BUT...the rest of us also have our precious FREEDOM ...to sue your ass for negligence if we, or our grade school kids, get sick after you hang out with us. Something like that.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 7:17 am

Stores need a strict no vaxx no entry policy enforced by vaxx card checks. Public schools as well. Make faking a vaxx card a felony punishable by ten years imprisonment.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 7:26 am

TheRobotLives wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
The problem is that that decision effects the rest of us too- in too many ways.

People do worry atheists affect others.

Most obviously, the fear that atheists will draw others away from a GOD, or an atheist will expose someone to an un-Godly lifestyle.

There's also the consequences of not following God's law that affects others.

My raw intro of saying "total bs" was not addressed to you. I was trying post a draft into a reply to someone else. Didnt work the first time. But thats straighten out.

But since you brought it up...okay SOME PEOPLE... BELIEVE...that when OTHER people espouse Atheism that it is just as harmful as spreading a literal virus like covid.

But thats a minority belief. And we have freedom of thought and freedom of speech in America. But you dont have the freedom to drive through red lights at traffic stops, or to dump sewage anywhere you want. Not getting a vaccine effects public health. So the govt is responsible. The government is not responsible for where you end up in the afterlife. Thats why we have seperation of church and state written into the Constitution.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 7:35 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Tross wrote:
What to do with anti-vax/anti-maskers...
Just ignore them.  Those who do not come to their senses will likely die.  Either way, the problem will solve itself.

A) Total BS

B)Its the SAME BS antivaxxers themselves spout.

Ironically you're using the exact same non logic that i guy I work with uses to DEFEND antivaxxers.

He says "refusing to get a vaccine is a personal decision" that only effects the person making the decision. Thats what you're saying too. That is exactly where you are both wrong.

The problem is that that decision effects the rest of us too- in too many ways. You cant just let antivaxxers kill themselves off.

1) Antivaxxers prolong the crises. If a large chunk of the population refused to get vaccinated then we cant reach herd immunity, and it prolongs the pandemic, and prolongs the stress to society that the crises is causing.

2) Stress on the healthcare system: the unvaccinated are the ones who get the infection, and are the ones who end up in the hospital. Because of their large numbers this group who choose to be unprotected end up swamping the hospital system -denying beds to those who need the hospital for other medical emergencies, and they threaten to collapse the community's entire hospital system itself. Thats already happening in Idaho. You have to got to Washington state if you get sick in Idaho now.

3)Viral variants: The more folks refuse to be vaccinated means the more folks who get the virus which means the more chances humans give the virus to...MUTATE...into new strains. If the virus is allowed a large population of unvaccinated human hosts to live in and to breed in it increases the odds that a new strain will appear that will be immune the vaccines we already have. There by ...screwing over all of us sane people who already DID get vaccines by rendering our vaccines useless! Thanks alot antivaxxers for killing the rest of us with you! :evil:

The solution?

I would go with civil rather than criminal sanctions.

Tell everyone they can have their precious FREEDOM to not get vaccines. BUT...the rest of us also have our precious FREEDOM ...to sue your ass for negligence if we, or our grade school kids, get sick after you hang out with us. Something like that.

As someone who has received the vaccine your science is simply not true.

The vaccine never stopped you getting COVID just reduced chances of dying from it.

This is obvious when looking at numbers from the neutral worldometer website which shows more people including vaccinated getting covid than this time last year.

As far as transmission data is concerned this is simply based on the fact that the more sick you are the more likely you’ll spead it. If the vaccine means you’ll get less sick your less likely to spead it.

The same with masks where data is based on ordinary flu or colds where if someone coughs they cough into the mask rather than up to 10 feet in the air. But covid will still come through the masks just less so.

However this is all based on the fact that a very sick person will be walking around town visiting shops and drinking in bars as opposed to at home in bed which is unlikely.

Some people have mild or no symptoms but they are less likely to cough the virus out in the normal way.

So what we have here is a lot of deliberate gov misinformation to encourage vaccination and mask wearing.

It’s not altogether a bad thing but at the same time not to get a false sense of security.

- George Bernie Shaw

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 8:07 am

Just leave them alone. That is what they want.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 9:32 am

Considering That Science Agrees
This Pandemic is only A 'Startdemic'

Of A Global Economy That Will Support
An Environment For Many More Pandemics to Come...

This Isn't A Future Where Humanity Can Afford to Just
Ignore Ignorance of a Subset of Humanity That Keeps

The Health Care System in A Constant State of Overloaded
Responsibilities That Can No Longer Even Meet the Demands
of Those Who Need ICU Care for Other Totally UnRelated Illnesses

That Demand
Immediate
Care for
Survival...

And Of Course There Are
Other Far Reaching Economic
Struggles Associated As Well

Still To Come As This is Just A New
Modern Challenge That Will Become
More Difficult Than Ever Before Both For
The Spread of Ignorance And A Global

Economy That Supports Human Vectors
of Pandemic Disease; Of Course, There's

Always An Option of Shutting Yourself
Out of the Ignorance to Be Safe; Yet it Would
Be Nice If Enough Folks Cooperated Where One
Day it Might Actually be Safe to Go Unmasked

In A Place
Like Frigging
Church, if they
Would Have Enough
Frigging Common Sense
To Protect the Sanctity of
Breathing Life At Least by
Frigging Social Distancing

The Congregation away From Each Other;

The Ignorance Amazes me more Everyday;

'They' Cancel Eating Get Togethers, Yet Keep
Folks Packed in Sardine Cans Unmasked For An Hour...

If The Could All Just Agree That 'Jesus' Says Wear A Mask
And Get Vaccinated to Save Each Other That Would Help For

Real; Yes, Harm,
Injury, Long Haul
Syndrome And Deaths
Would Definitely Go Down
In Trump Town USA Places
Where Ignorance of Politics
Holds Hands With Church the Same...

At Least, Where i Live in Such a Place, The
Binds and Bonds of Church And Politics still
Holding Hands Against Protective Measures
For A Deadly Pandemic is Part and Parcel of

The Real
Religion
of Ignoricism
Now The Church
Holds Weekly Leading
Folks Down into A Valley
of Pandemic Disease Deeper...

It's Not Any Easier to Change this Now
Than Convincing Someone That A 2000
Year Old Dude Really Doesn't Get Revived
Literally As Flesh and Blood in A Wafer of
Bread And Wine Now Where At Least 'They' Don't

(Yet, 70 Percent of More Introspective Catholics

Refuse to Believe That Literally)

Allow Anyone
To Drink out
of the Same
Frigging Glass
As A Practice
of Unmasked
Unvaccinated Mass...

WE CANNOT Eliminate The Human
Propensity For 'Magical Thinking' Yet
YES, WE Can And Will Potentially Steer
IT Away From Nightmares to Better Dreams...

Actually Coming to Fruition Now For Real...

There Are People here on this Site Who Insist

They Are the Most Rational Folks in the World...
Yet They Still Believe in A Pagan Zombie Death Cult
Where a Dead Person One Day Is Gonna Come Back

to Life and
Destroy
All their
Enemies...

And Send them
To A Better Place Next...

Beliefs Like that OH GOD DeViL
YES WaKinG NIGHTMARES
IN HOPES OF
FRUITION
Do filter into
REAL LIFE OBVIOUSLY.... Now...

And to Be Clear, It Doesn't Have to
Have Anything to Do With Any
Specific Religion to

Come out

The Same
Way; Folks
Who Bond over
Nightmares Binding Do
Bring Their Ideologies to

Fruition...

in

'Real Life' too...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 9:39 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Just leave them alone.  That is what they want.
Agreed.

Leave them alone ... and let them die.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 9:56 am

I live in small berg in the Corn Belt. Only about half of the people are adhering to it, and nobody is enforcing it.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 9:59 am

VegetableMan wrote:
I live in small berg in the Corn Belt. Only about half of the people are adhering to it, and nobody is enforcing it.
Then there may soon be a boom in estate auctions in your area.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 10:33 am

Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Agreed.

They are a danger to everyone.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 10:36 am

Axeman wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Agreed.  Leave them alone ... and let them die.
They are a danger to everyone.
With covid becoming a pandemic of the unvaccinated, they are a danger mostly to themselves.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 10:41 am

Have we considered throwing them all in a volcano and then nuking the volcano? :chin:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 10:43 am

Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Agreed.

No. They are a danger to you and me and everyone as well. I just explained that above.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 10:43 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Have we considered throwing them all in a volcano and then nuking the volcano?
And start another whacko religious cult?  No, thank you!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 10:46 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
Agreed.  Leave them alone ... and let them die.
No. They are a danger to you and me and everyone as well. I just explained that above.
I am not denying that; I am saying that they are mostly a danger to themselves.  I have been vaccinated, so if I do get the covid, I am likely to recover.  If they get the covid, they are likely to die.  See what I mean?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 10:55 am

Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Have we considered throwing them all in a volcano and then nuking the volcano?
And start another whacko religious cult?  No, thank you!

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う