Unvaccinated people are declaring themselves ‘Purebloods’

Page 2 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 8:42 am

Flown wrote:
Oh dear. I think I'd already heard that the unvaccinated are claiming that their sperm "will be the next bitcoin".
It is only another lie they tell themselves to conceal the fact that they are just too chicken to get a jab from a needle.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 9:03 am

Flown wrote:
Oh dear. I think I'd already heard that the unvaccinated are claiming that their sperm "will be the next bitcoin" :lmao:

Ya mean...if I just CLAIM to be unvaccinated then I can MAKE MONEY by doing what I do best? Watching XVideos...and collecting it in a bottle?

Where do I sign up for that? :D

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 9:07 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Flown wrote:
Oh dear. I think I'd already heard that the unvaccinated are claiming that their sperm "will be the next bitcoin"
Ya mean... if I just CLAIM to be unvaccinated then I can MAKE MONEY by doing what I do best? Watching XVideos... and collecting it in a bottle?  Where do I sign up for that?
I dunno, man ... I doubt that "I'm contagious; y'wanna make babies?" would even make a good pick-up line.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 9:15 am

Fnord wrote:
Flown wrote:
Oh dear. I think I'd already heard that the unvaccinated are claiming that their sperm "will be the next bitcoin".
It is only another lie they tell themselves to conceal the fact that they are just too chicken to get a jab from a needle.

I'm not entirely convinced that fear is the primary factor in many of the problem areas in the US. From what I'm seeing, unvaccinated individuals tend to fall within one or more of the following categories:
1) People who have been brainwashed by conservative media to have a strong distrust of anything that the opposing side (the Democratic party) supports.
2) People who have been brainwashed by hyperliberal media to have a strong distrust of authority.
3) People convinced they have divine protection from severe illness. This group also tends to fall within group 1.
4) People who have been brainwashed by alternative health practitioners to believe they have some sort of supreme mastery over their bodies/health.

I'm not saying that the aforementioned people do not have some underlying fear of vaccination (and its effects), but it honestly appears to be more of an issue of being undereducated (meaning they are more easily swayed by false information, conspiracy theories, etc).

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 9:16 am

Fnord wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Flown wrote:
Oh dear. I think I'd already heard that the unvaccinated are claiming that their sperm "will be the next bitcoin"
Ya mean... if I just CLAIM to be unvaccinated then I can MAKE MONEY by doing what I do best? Watching XVideos... and collecting it in a bottle?  Where do I sign up for that?
I dunno, man ... I doubt that "I'm contagious; y'wanna make babies?" would even make a good pick-up line.

Baha!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 10:31 am

I cant believe that ...just being afraid of a pin prick ...is the motivation.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 10:34 am

naturalplastic wrote:
I cant believe that ... just being afraid of a pin prick ... is the motivation.
The excuses they openly declare make even less sense.

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 11:09 am

Flown wrote:
I'm not entirely convinced that fear is the primary factor in many of the problem areas in the US. From what I'm seeing, unvaccinated individuals tend to fall within one or more of the following categories:
1) People who have been brainwashed by conservative media to have a strong distrust of anything that the opposing side (the Democratic party) supports.
2) People who have been brainwashed by hyperliberal media to have a strong distrust of authority.
3) People convinced they have divine protection from severe illness. This group also tends to fall within group 1.
4) People who have been brainwashed by alternative health practitioners to believe they have some sort of supreme mastery over their bodies/health.

No hehe. This is just the media messing with you. The occasional loud lunatic aside, for most it's simply a (valid) risk-benefit calculation. See here: viewtopic.php?t=398702

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 11:16 am

Mikah wrote:
... for most it's simply a (valid) risk-benefit calculation...
That would seem likely only for reasoning people; but for people whose hatred of "others-not-like-us" is itself unreasonable, any risk-benefit calculation seems more likely to be an after-thought.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 11:45 am

Mikah wrote:
Flown wrote:

No hehe. This is just the media messing with you. The occasional loud lunatic aside, for most it's simply a (valid) risk-benefit calculation. See here: viewtopic.php?t=398702

I read the article. The article does not mention a single "valid risk vs benifit" concern anyone anywhere has. They tease the reader that that is what they are going to say. But they never deliver on saying that.

So WTF are you talking about?

The closest point that it comes to saying that is (a) folks in thinly populated rural areas have less to fear from the actual virus than do folks who live in big cities, but they have the same risk from the vaccine as do folks in big cities, and (b) folks have an exaggerated fear of the vaccine, so that differential in the cost benifit ratio makes folks in south dakota get fewer vaccines than do folks in NYC. So though they claim that folks are making a calculation they are admitting that its a largely irrational calculation based upon exaggerated fear of the vaccine.

So maybe not at all of the vaccine hesitant are wild eyed nut jobs. But they arent really very scientificly literate either.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 11:49 am

Fnord wrote:
I hope those "Purebloods" remember what happened in the movies to those who tried to push the "Pureblood" agenda ... and I hope they also remember what happened to those who tried to push their "Pure Race" and "Master Race" ideologies in the past 100 years or so, as well.

good point lol, I smell 4chan too..

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 11:58 am

Its sort of a weird use of the word "blood".

In the stone age folks didnt know how heredity is transmitted so they thought it was somehow via the blood. Mom and dad make you via combining their blood SOMEHOW!

And even centuries ago they knew better. Even before DNA was discovered and even before Darwin and Mendel they knew heredity had nothing to do with blood and everything to do with semen and eggs. But the words for heredity stuck (pure blood, having X nationality blood in your veins, bloodlines, etc).

But these folks are reviving the term "pureblood" AND are using it literally - to mean "actual blood untainted by vaccines". But they are also conflating literal "blood" with the figurative "blood" of "bloodlines" by thinking that your semen is going to pass on your vaccination status to the next generation. Or something. I am rather confused as to what their thinking is exactly.

Last edited by naturalplastic on 21 Sep 2021, 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 12:01 pm

Seems fitting considering that mutts / mongrels typically have less health risks.

Also, if they really are using the term because of Harry Potter...did the whole pureblood villains who are clearly an allegory for Nazis and overthrown by the protagonists get lost in translation somehow? The muggles in that series were actually doing better than the witches and wizards if we're talking about technical and societal advancements.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 12:11 pm

I think I saw one of these guys. He was on a corner selling little bags of what I assume was horse dewormer and he made this hand sign:

I assume it's secret anti-vaxxer code. :nerdy:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 12:14 pm

You also have to neigh twice to get the good stuff.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2021, 12:14 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
I think I saw one of these guys. He was on a corner selling little bags of what I assume was horse dewormer and he made this hand sign:
I assume it's secret anti-vaxxer code.
I used to see that sometimes around south-central Los Angeles.